Volt sales tripple in 2012

Considering that only 23K of Chevy Volts were reported as sold last year (and many of those are actually sitting in Dealer Inventory), the government and GE have together bought an extraordinary ratio of Volts.

That's the point, you Dim Bulb.

What's a "ratio?"

:razz:

Is it a part in the search engine, next to the carburator?

It is the pin in a Bogometer. Please, grok!

I can't figure out why the right hates a great American industry? Do they only support Japan, Korea, and Germany with their car purchases? Japan has always worked with government to provide products, the American right thinks some magical free market exists which magically creates products and purchasers. Right wingnuts have such a low regard for American made one wonders why they don't move to the lands they support.

Buy American = "Because Ford, GM and Chrysler conduct far more of their research, design, engineering, manufacturing and assembly work in the U.S. than foreign automakers do, buying a Ford, GM, or Chrysler supports almost three times as many jobs as buying the average foreign automobile. Some comparisons are even more striking. Buying a Ford supports 3.5 times more jobs than buying a Hyundai. Comparing a Honda and a Hyundai? Buying a Honda supports more than 2 times more jobs." The Level Field Institute

Bumper stickers I'd like to see.

Buy American - support all Americans, including yourself.
Our children, our grandchildren, ourselves require we support each other, buy American.
Buy American and Thumbs up!

MadeInUSA - Home- Recycling American Dollars Through Patriotic Spending
How Americans Can Buy American
American Made Products Directory - Made in USA, United States Manufacturers
THE AMERICAN LIST | A Continuous Lean.
Shirts Made in USA by the All American Clothing Co
Clothing Made in the USA - American and Unionmade Clothing by All USA Clothing
Travel bags, laptop bags, and backpacks. The best materials and innovative construction since 1972 - TomBihn.com
http://toddshelton.com/
Case Knives - Handcrafting pocket knives in the USA since 1889.

There's a difference between individuals voluntarily buying products and the government taxing said individuals to buy crappy products from Big Government Cronies.

And?

What's your point?

The point is clearly that the government is willing to spend funds extracted forceably from taxpayers on products that those same consumers reject.

:eusa_eh:

I agree this doen't not seem unusual.

Are you saying the government doesn't buy cars?

Well, a Volt is a car and is the topic of the thread.

Are you saying the govenment only buys cars because they need transportation, and that a Volt is the best choice?

There's a difference between individuals voluntarily buying products and the government taxing said individuals to buy crappy products from Big Government Cronies.

Like say..Raytheon?

General Dynamics?

Boeing?

Ford?

GM?

Microsoft?

HP?

Should the government stop buying stuff?

I can't figure out why the right hates a great American industry? Do they only support Japan, Korea, and Germany with their car purchases? Japan has always worked with government to provide products, the American right thinks some magical free market exists which magically creates products and purchasers. Right wingnuts have such a low regard for American made one wonders why they don't move to the lands they support.

Buy American = "Because Ford, GM and Chrysler conduct far more of their research, design, engineering, manufacturing and assembly work in the U.S. than foreign automakers do, buying a Ford, GM, or Chrysler supports almost three times as many jobs as buying the average foreign automobile. Some comparisons are even more striking. Buying a Ford supports 3.5 times more jobs than buying a Hyundai. Comparing a Honda and a Hyundai? Buying a Honda supports more than 2 times more jobs." The Level Field Institute

Our children, our grandchildren, ourselves require we support each other, buy American.

Travel bags, laptop bags, and backpacks. The best materials and innovative construction since 1972 - TomBihn.com

I wouldn't consider myself as part of The Right or The Left, but since anything else but two choices appears to confuse you, go ahead and consider me on "The Right."

No doubt it should delight you to know I bought a Lincoln MKS. American Made, and gets about 17 mph.

Like say..Raytheon?

General Dynamics?

Boeing?

Ford?

GM?

Microsoft?

HP?

Should the government stop buying stuff?

Some of this - yes. They spend Too Much Money.

The point is clearly that the government is willing to spend funds extracted forceably from taxpayers on products that those same consumers reject.

:eusa_eh:

I agree this doen't not seem unusual.

Are you saying the govenment only buys cars because they need transportation, and that a Volt is the best choice?

Most articles I've read on the car give it high marks.

And if the government is looking to get off gas powered vehicles, which it seems they are, why not get a domestically produced EV?

Helps in many different ways.

And if the government is looking to get off gas powered vehicles, which it seems they are, why not get a domestically produced EV?

Sure.

Why not get a natural gas powered vehicle fleet?

Why not buy horse drawn carriages?

Sure.

New York has both.

:cool:

I wouldn't consider myself as part of The Right or The Left, but since anything else but two choices appears to confuse you, go ahead and consider me on "The Right."

No doubt it should delight you to know I bought a Lincoln MKS. American Made, and gets about 17 mph.

I am a careful label reader. If it even comes close to looking like it was made with union labor, I'll do my very best to get something not made with union labor or made outside of the country. Even if I have to pay more for it.

Sure.

New York has both.

:cool:

Indeed, and it is practically utopian.

I bet GM would love to see the U.S. Government begin to utilize horses, mules, and jackasses for transportation.

The government bought most of those Volts. GM bought an entire fleet of Volts.

"More than half of all Volt sales are in California," said Alec Guitierrez, an analyst with Kelley Blue Book. The car has also been catching on in other markets, however, including Michigan and in the Chicago area, according to GM.

Besides the carpool lane stickers, the Volt has also been helped by aggressive leasing incentives offered in 2012. Last year, GM was offering the car for $289 a month with a $2,800 down payment. That was far less than a car with the Volt's nearly $40,000 purchase price would ordinarily lease for, even factoring in a $7,500 plug-in car tax credit

So...

So... the number is a lie you idiot.

Forum List

Back