Voter ID blankets the old South

Have we reached the conclusion yet that everybody else in the country can afford to obtain a valid ID Card with which to vote but that Po Folk (or Black Folk) cannot? Even if the State is givin' 'em away? Get friggin' real, people.

Really, just 13, that's bull shit. There have been more than 50 convictions in TX alone in recent years.

"In Texas, evidence of voter fraud abounds. In recent years, my office has secured more than 50 voter fraud convictions. Those include a woman who voted in place of her dead mother, a political operative who cast ballots for two people, and a city councilmember who registered foreign nationals to vote in an election decided by 19 votes. Voter fraud is hard to detect, so cases like these are just the tip of the iceberg."

In Texas, evidence of voter fraud abounds ? USATODAY.com
Your link provides no evidence to back up the Texas claim, but it does, however, provide another link to a DOJ report on voter fraud. So Mr. Helper, we'll use your link and your numbers to see how much voter fraud occurs. Are you chickie with that?

The U.S. Department of Justice has launched more than 180 investigations into election fraud since October 2002. These investigations have resulted in charges for multiple voting, providing false information on their felon status, and other offenses against 89 individuals and in convictions of 52 individuals.
So, if the other article said there was 649 million votes cast since 2000, lets knock off about 150 million votes to make it congruent with the 2002 study your link provided.

Summary (from your links): 52 convictions out of 500 million votes.

That's still not a lot!

Empirical data does not exist for significant voting fraud: the facts are not there, folks.

No reason exists do not have voter ID if the cards are free and not onerous to obtain.

Funny how the old democrat party segregationist years didn't seem to "blanket the old south" according to the liberal media but a simple voter I.D. regulation seems to panic the radical democrat party base. Isn't it insulting to all Americans that the left wing plantation mentality assumes that (only?) Black Americans are incapable of conforming to modern technology? What does it take for Black Americans to realize that they have been systematically used and abused for years by the poverty pimps and the democrat party?

Funny how the reactionary conservatives embedded in the South's GOP organizations refuse to say, "hey, the voting ID is free and easy to get; give us a call and we will help you."

But that is how the reactionary conservatives in the Southern Dem organizations were sixty years ago.

As long as the honor system is being used, I don't think there will be many convictions for voter fraud.

Not having or allowing empirical data is an important part of the fraud! Only an idiot would not consider that a likely fact.

th

To say that voter id isn't needed because of lack of convictions of voter fraud is like a saying under age drinking is not a problem at a bar with no id check.

Point is, if you don't check, how the hell are you going to know after the fact.

Really, just 13, that's bull shit. There have been more than 50 convictions in TX alone in recent years.

"In Texas, evidence of voter fraud abounds. In recent years, my office has secured more than 50 voter fraud convictions. Those include a woman who voted in place of her dead mother, a political operative who cast ballots for two people, and a city councilmember who registered foreign nationals to vote in an election decided by 19 votes. Voter fraud is hard to detect, so cases like these are just the tip of the iceberg."

In Texas, evidence of voter fraud abounds ? USATODAY.com
Your link provides no evidence to back up the Texas claim, but it does, however, provide another link to a DOJ report on voter fraud. So Mr. Helper, we'll use your link and your numbers to see how much voter fraud occurs. Are you chickie with that?

The U.S. Department of Justice has launched more than 180 investigations into election fraud since October 2002. These investigations have resulted in charges for multiple voting, providing false information on their felon status, and other offenses against 89 individuals and in convictions of 52 individuals.
So, if the other article said there was 649 million votes cast since 2000, lets knock off about 150 million votes to make it congruent with the 2002 study your link provided.

Summary (from your links): 52 convictions out of 500 million votes.

That's still not a lot!

So you're saying convictions by the feds are the only ones that count, REALLY? I just pulled an easy reference for my state to prove how skewed your numbers were. You may not think the problem is that bad, I say if even one legitimate vote is canceled by fraud the problem is that bad and it should be stopped. But then I've never been one to coddle criminals like the left.

Who is going to risk a $5,000. fine and prison time to cast a vote?

Illegal aliens don't worry about getting caught. They are bold enough to come here and use stolen identities to work. How can you catch people when you don't even know their real names?

Liberals don't want voter ID laws, because they will get less votes; every other argument is BS.

You got it backwards, pal. Republicans want voter id laws because they know a lot of people, particularly in the south, don't have or will have trouble obtaining a proper ID; and most of those are Democrats, and most of those never vote Republican. So they if they can't win your vote, they will prevent you from voting altogether. Yep, it's the south of old. They say you can never go back, but the GOP tries their darnedest to disprove that adage.

Liberals don't want voter ID laws, because they will get less votes; every other argument is BS.

You got it backwards, pal. Republicans want voter id laws because they know a lot of people, particularly in the south, don't have or will have trouble obtaining a proper ID; and most of those are Democrats, and most of those never vote Republican. So they if they can't win your vote, they will prevent you from voting altogether. Yep, it's the south of old. They say you can never go back, but the GOP tries their darnedest to disprove that adage.

Yeah, like illegal aliens!

So you're saying convictions by the feds are the only ones that count, REALLY?
You wanna do this with "non-fed" convictions? Okay, I'm game. And I'll still only use the link "you" provided.

In 2008, the [U.S. Supreme] court recognized the threat posed by voter fraud and ruled that Indiana's photo ID requirement was a legitimate, non-discriminatory means of protecting the integrity of elections. The Supreme Court upheld Indiana's law despite no concrete evidence of fraud in Indiana's elections.
So the state of Indiana spent all this time and money trying to prevent something that hadn't occurred in their elections.

I just pulled an easy reference for my state to prove how skewed your numbers were.
"Skewed numbers?"

Out of the "50" claimed convictions, only 26 were actual convictions. And of that 26, only 2 were convicted of "voter impersonation".

That doesn't sound like an epidemic.

You may not think the problem is that bad, I say if even one legitimate vote is canceled by fraud the problem is that bad and it should be stopped. But then I've never been one to coddle criminals like the left.
How does someone voting as someone else, cancel a vote?

A third of voters in the state without photo ID are African-American.

Since there is no way to ever get the majority of these targeted people to vote Republican...they must do what they can to deny them the right to vote at all...

Voter ID blankets the old South - CBS News
Since republicans won't do anything worth voting for, all they have left is to suppress as many votes for democrats as they can.

That's what voter ID was all about in the first place..................voter suppression!

Really? Only in America do politicians think their blacks can't get ID. You white liberals really think that way.

It's disgusting and pathetic. Talk about keeping the "colored" on the plantation. Every time you argue against voter ID you lessen the IQ and rights of blacks.

Stunning.

South Africa has voter ID laws. Very stringent voter ID laws. Are they disenfranchising their black vote?

:lmao:

You see from a world perspective you are the laughing stock of the universe for not demanding voter ID.

You democrats need illegals and voter fraud.

Throughout the Voter ID debate, it has been sited many times on the necessity for State issued Identification cards ... Entrance to Government facilities, prescription medicine, Obamacare, Employment. Liberals yell and scream how many minorities DON'T have state issued ID cards. Has anyone seen or heard liberals yell and scream to get state issued ID into the hands of minorities for the essentials of everyday life? No... And you won't. It is far more valuable to liberals for a disproportionate number of minorities and disadvantaged NOT to have state issued ID.

Forum List

Back