🌟 Exclusive 2024 Prime Day Deals! 🌟

Unlock unbeatable offers today. Shop here: https://amzn.to/4cEkqYs 🎁

Voter ID terrifies Democrats

I will try to use small words so the illogic of the gun argument can be understood:

That which proved the wrong people were buying guns is not evidence the wrong people are voting.
Sorry. You still fail, fior the reasons already cited - plus the fact that you proceed from a false premise, also previously noted.

As I said, no one has ever shown there is voter fraud which can be solved by voter ID that can't be solved by fixing existing registration requirements.

No one. Anywhere.

If you have a solid voter registration process, which not all states do, then you will virtually eliiminate whatever bugaboos you think might or could happen at the voting booth.

Fraud occurs because the registration process is broken.

Dead people in Chicago graveyards voting? That's because the registration rolls are not up to date.

Illegal aliens showing up for jury duty because they are on the registered voter rolls? Well, duh, a voter ID requirement isn't going to fix that!

You are looking in the wrong place. If you can't even get the registration process right, how the hell is adding another layer of bureaucracy NOT going to make things worse?

As I have shown, it HAS made things worse. Now we are not allowing actual citizens to exercise their right to vote.

But hey, as long as they are black, who cares, amiright?

Last edited:
I will try to use small words so the illogic of the gun argument can be understood:

That which proved the wrong people were buying guns is not evidence the wrong people are voting.
Sorry. You still fail, fior the reasons already cited - plus the fact that you proceed from a false premise, also previously noted.

Now you are just talking gibberish. You clearly don't know what a false premise is.

The false premise in this topic is that people are voting who aren't who they say they are and that voter ID will fix it.

Every argument in favor of voter ID is based on that assumption which has not been proven to even exist.

Last edited:
As I said, no one has ever shown there is voter fraud which can be solved by voter ID that can't be solved by fixing existing registration requirements.

No one. Anywhere.

If you have a solid voter registration process, which not all states do, then you will virtually eliiminate whatever bugaboos you think might or could happen at the voting booth.

Fraud occurs because the registration process is broken.

Dead people in Chicago graveyards voting? That's because the registration rolls are not up to date.

Illegal aliens showing up for jury duty because they are on the registered voter rolls? Well, duh, a voter ID requirement isn't going to fix that!

You are looking in the wrong place. If you can't even get the registration process right, how the hell is adding another layer of bureaucracy NOT going to make things worse?

As I have shown, it HAS made things worse. Now we are not allowing actual citizens to exercise their right to vote.

But hey, as long as they are black, who cares?

ah..back to the old 'THE GOP HATES BLACKS' argument. :rolleyes:

As I said, no one has ever shown there is voter fraud which can be solved by voter ID that can't be solved by fixing existing registration requirements No one. Anywhere.
This is either a lie, or a very serious failure to understand the situation.

No voter regisitration system you can think of can positivelty relate the person registered to vote with the person therer to cast the vote. That can only be done with an ID.

Unless you can positively link that person wit that registration, the voting process is open to fraud; the state has a compelling interest in securing the rights of the voters by eliminating the possibility of fraud as much as possible.

You proceed from a false premise, that an actual act of fraud ben shown to justify the requirement.

Now you are just talking gibberish. You clearly don't know what a false premise is.
I do, and I have described yours.
And thus far, you have failed to meaningfully address the difference in requiring an ID to exercise one right, but not another.

Please do keep trying.

And thus far, you have failed to meaningfully address the difference in requiring an ID to exercise one right, but not another.

Please do keep trying.

False analogy. Look it up.

Also assumes I support some undefined ID requirement for guns. So your false analogy falls apart on several levels.

A pathetic attempt at a diversion from the fact you can't show a voter ID requirement is necessary.

The DOJ found that a disproportionate number of minorities were disenfranchised in South Carolina by the SC voter ID law.

SC is a deeply red state.

That's the only reason voter ID is on everyone's mind right now. The recent DOJ decision to put an injunction against SC and TX voter ID laws.

And there has been bigotry in this very topic.

Please do keep trying.
False analogy. Look it up.
yes, that's what you claimed. You have failed to show that the analogy is actually false.

Also assumes I support some undefined ID requirement for guns.
Did you actually read the question that I posed?
It presumes that if you asnwer it, you then agree with the ID requiremenst to buy a gun.

A pathetic attempt at a diversion from the fact you can't show a voter ID requirement is necessary.
You REALLY havent been paying attention; I have been arguing just that for some time now.

So, theoretically, a woman walks up to vote and says,'Hi, I'm fred Michales, and I'm here to vote'.... no need to ask her for ID, right?
That's all the voter ID crowd has. Theoreticals.

I have shown actual voters, real people in the real world, are prevented from voting in real elections at real voting booths, by real, existing voter ID laws.

This DEMANDS someone prove these people's rights should be denied.
You proceed from a false premise, that an actual act of fraud ben shown to justify the requirement.

Quite the opposite. I have plainly stated that no one has shown any actual fraud. Several times. That's my whole point!

The DOJ found that a disproportionate number of minorities were disenfranchised in South Carolina by the SC voter ID law.

SC is a deeply red state.

That's the only reason voter ID is on everyone's mind right now. The recent DOJ decision to put an injunction against SC and TX voter ID laws.

And there has been bigotry in this very topic.

MIGHT be, not WERE. There is a difference. Go re-read on the topic. Then come back and post about it.

Old people have had decades to get their ID and be responsible. Young people don't vote anyway and those who want to need to pull their heads out of their asses.

Nope. No bigotry here. Move along...

the facts are clear nad have been proven by studies.

You all jsut ignore them and then make declaritive statements which are backed by no facts in eveidence.

And the SCOTUS upholding Voter ID laws means nothing to you, right?

Except they haven't. They upheld Indiana's voter ID law, not all of them. This can (and likely will) be revisited, especially as more disenfranchised voters are made known.

and lets just say someone comes to a precinct with subpar identification. so they give the person their name and address, then they don't show up on the list. then what? will they have a cow and claim they were refused the right to vote? thank god we have alot more red districts than blue. and also hope they have all their residential residents in check and verify what homes are and aren't lived in! sometimes u have to wonder if ACORN wanna bees have records of all those vacant homes in Nevada and Florida.

the facts are clear nad have been proven by studies.

You all jsut ignore them and then make declaritive statements which are backed by no facts in eveidence.

And the SCOTUS upholding Voter ID laws means nothing to you, right?

Except they haven't. They upheld Indiana's voter ID law, not all of them. This can (and likely will) be revisited, especially as more disenfranchised voters are made known.
You do realize the last time the Justice department stopped a voter ID law, the state made small changes and the law was reinstated, right?

WHAT FRAUD?!? Where are all the incidents of fraud that these VERY restrictive voter ID laws are supposed to be stopping? These laws ARE disenfranchising voters. What is the acceptable ratio of disenfranchisement to fraud for ya'll?

Why would Texas allow concealed carry permits as a form of Voter ID, but not a student ID? Why would they exempt people born before 1931 from providing an ID?

Wonder if it has anything to do with the fact that McCain won gun owners and the elderly by a large margin...
No, it's because people granted concealed carry permits have already adequately identified themselves to the government. As far as the folks born before 1931, those are some of the people the left is screeching would have too much trouble obtaining a photo ID. Make up your mind.
So Texas believes that no one born before 1931 will commit fraud? It sounds like Texas needs to make up its mind. Why shouldn't they have to provide SOME form of ID, not necessarily photo ID?

I'm sure it has nothing to do with older voters voting GOP.

That's all the voter ID crowd has. Theoreticals.

I have shown actual voters, real people in the real world, are prevented from voting in real elections at real voting booths, by real, existing voter ID laws.

This DEMANDS someone prove these people's rights should be denied.
Quite the opposite. I have plainly stated that no one has shown any actual fraud. Several times. That's my whole point!
You miss the fact that the false premise is your idea that someone has to prove any such thing for the restriction to be legitimate.
Are you not paying attention on purpose?

Last edited:

Forum List

Back