Voter ID terrifies Democrats

These people also tend be receive government assictance.... for which they need an ID.

And in any event... effect does not necessitate intent.

Holy shit! How many times are you nutters going to make that same bullshit argument? The ID requirements are NOT THE SAME for getting assistance, buying a gun, buying cigs and VOTER ID. The argument doies not apply.
Really?
What's the difference between the ID reqirements for voting and buying a gun?

Name a state, and let's find out.

Yes, they are terrified. There is no rational reason to oppose it...other than people ineligible to vote will not be able to vote.

In central IN the late Rep Julia Carson would have never won an election if her people couldn't bus homeless from polling place to polling place to vote. And I'm not making this up, there was an expose' in Wall Street Journal on this several elections back.

Fraudulent voting is a mainstay of the democrat Party Plantation.

I don't doubt your story about Carson a bit.

No where in the US Constitution does it require a voter to provide Identification. If the GOP and those who support this effort want that to be the law of the land, amend the Constitution.

Amendment XV guarantees the right of non white citizens to vote, it does not require that they provide ID.

Amendment XIX states "the right of citizens of the United States to vote shall not be abridged by the United States or by any state on account of sex", it does not require a voter to produce ID.

If the founders and Congress as well as state legislators had wanted voters to show ID to vote, they would have included such language. As it stands, any attempt to abridge the right to vote in a Federal Election is wrong. Honest men and women will question the motives of those who attempt to do so and the fellow travelers who support efforts to disenfranchise citizens.

The Constitution was not meant to be static. It was intended by the founders to be a living, breathing document. Thus the amendment process.

I can't STAND people who are all 'If it is not specifically spelled out in the Constitution, the Founding Fathers did not want it'. It's a ridiculous argument.

Yes, they are terrified. There is no rational reason to oppose it...other than people ineligible to vote will not be able to vote.

In central IN the late Rep Julia Carson would have never won an election if her people couldn't bus homeless from polling place to polling place to vote. And I'm not making this up, there was an expose' in Wall Street Journal on this several elections back.

Fraudulent voting is a mainstay of the democrat Party Plantation.

I don't doubt your story about Carson a bit.

I do. Got a link, HoosierJoe?

No where in the US Constitution does it require a voter to provide Identification. If the GOP and those who support this effort want that to be the law of the land, amend the Constitution.

Amendment XV guarantees the right of non white citizens to vote, it does not require that they provide ID.

Amendment XIX states "the right of citizens of the United States to vote shall not be abridged by the United States or by any state on account of sex", it does not require a voter to produce ID.

If the founders and Congress as well as state legislators had wanted voters to show ID to vote, they would have included such language. As it stands, any attempt to abridge the right to vote in a Federal Election is wrong. Honest men and women will question the motives of those who attempt to do so and the fellow travelers who support efforts to disenfranchise citizens.

The Constitution was not meant to be static. It was intended by the founders to be a living, breathing document. Thus the amendment process.

I can't STAND people who are all 'If it is not specifically spelled out in the Constitution, the Founding Fathers did not want it'. It's a ridiculous argument.

You are breaking from your bud's with that one. Very "liberal" comment.

the facts are clear nad have been proven by studies.

You all jsut ignore them and then make declaritive statements which are backed by no facts in eveidence.

If everyone has an ID you know who's voting. You know if they have a right to vote.

Its common sense. Oh wait. I forgot. Your TDM and you ain't got any.

Never mind.

I do believe that people should have the right to vote, but also prove who they are through an ID. I don't know of any major voting fraud going on, but there should be some sort of fail safe in place to prevent it.
ID's are required in so many other facets of our lives with none of the outrage, why is there outrage with voting?
Because it'll make it harder for them to commit voter fraud.

That's it. That's all there is. None of their other objections hold any water.

I'll say it again...I'll believe that Republicans are serious about Fraud when they push for paper trails on voting machines, post election manual audits, cameras in all tally rooms, two person integrity on ballots and statewide databases. (among other things)

I'm good with all that.

I assume there are Democrats in office who push for all that?

Yes. (but I gotta get back to work so the short answer will have to do.)

Speaking of Julia Carson and Indiana voter ID, here is a Washington Post article from 2006:
On Indiana's primary day, Rep. Julia Carson shoved her congressional identification card in a pocket, ran out of her house and raced down the street to be at her polling site when it opened at 6 a.m. The Democrat, seeking to represent Indianapolis for a sixth term, showed the card to a poll worker, who told her it was unacceptable under a new state law that requires every voter to show proof of identity.

The law compels voters to show an ID, issued by Indiana or the federal government, with a photograph and an expiration date. Carson's card was for the 109th Congress, but did not say when the session ends. "I just thought I was carrying the right thing -- if you have a card that has a picture and shows it is current," she said.

If everyone has an ID you know who's voting. You know if they have a right to vote.

Its common sense. Oh wait. I forgot. Your TDM and you ain't got any.

Never mind.

I do believe that people should have the right to vote, but also prove who they are through an ID. I don't know of any major voting fraud going on, but there should be some sort of fail safe in place to prevent it.
ID's are required in so many other facets of our lives with none of the outrage, why is there outrage with voting?

Exactly correct. The mental and logical gymnastics the opponents of such a requirement have to go to in order to voice their opposition is evidence of that.

Speaking of Julia Carson and Indiana voter ID, here is a Washington Post article from 2006:
On Indiana's primary day, Rep. Julia Carson shoved her congressional identification card in a pocket, ran out of her house and raced down the street to be at her polling site when it opened at 6 a.m. The Democrat, seeking to represent Indianapolis for a sixth term, showed the card to a poll worker, who told her it was unacceptable under a new state law that requires every voter to show proof of identity.

The law compels voters to show an ID, issued by Indiana or the federal government, with a photograph and an expiration date. Carson's card was for the 109th Congress, but did not say when the session ends. "I just thought I was carrying the right thing -- if you have a card that has a picture and shows it is current," she said.
The law compels voters to show an ID, issued by Indiana or the federal government, with a photograph and an expiration date

Nothing wrong with that; the ID in question did not meet that requirement.
The REAL issue here is the poll worker being told to ignore the law.

The only thing which does not hold water is the assumption such voter fraud which only voter ID could fix is even occurring.

The only thing which does not hold water is the assumption such voter fraud which only voter ID could fix is even occurring.

Come on man.. every time there's a Dem loss there's voter fraud and we have to count them until we get it right! Just ask Al Franken.

Holy shit! How many times are you nutters going to make that same bullshit argument? The ID requirements are NOT THE SAME for getting assistance, buying a gun, buying cigs and VOTER ID. The argument doies not apply.
Really?
What's the difference between the ID reqirements for voting and buying a gun?

Name a state, and let's find out.

Indiana voter registration application:

If you are registering to vote in Indiana for the first time, and you are sending this application by mail, you must provide identification documentation. Identification may include a current and valid photo id, current utility bill, bank statement, government check, paycheck, or government document that shows the name and address of the voter.

Can you show your electric bill to register a gun in Indiana?

Ah! I just remembered something!

I happen to have a concealed carry permit for my state. It is valid in several states. So you don't even have to be a resident of a state to have a gun permit for that state.

So there is yet another difference which falsifies the analogy even more.

Come on man.. every time there's a Dem loss there's voter fraud and we have to count them until we get it right! Just ask Al Franken.

Or Joe Miller of Alaska.

Do you nutters even pause for a second when your brain tells you to write something as ridiculous as:

"Because it'll make it harder for them to commit voter fraud."

?????????????????????????????????????????????????

Forum List

Back