Voting "apathy" must be addressed......

nat4900

Diamond Member
Mar 3, 2015
Although 24% of the American electorate labels themselves "liberals:, they still considerably trail the 38-39% of voters who are staunch conservatives.....There are 51 million Americans who are eligible BUT have not yet registered to vote. Would anyone care to venture a guess whether those 51 million would register as democrats, republicans or independents???

Here are some data, as of the last general election cycle:

51 million eligible Americans are still not registered to vote. This represents almost one in four eligible persons, disproportionately low-income voters, people of color, and younger Americans. Among eligible voters, some 30 percent of African Americans, 40 percent of Hispanics, 45 percent of Asian Americans, and 41 percent of young adults (age 18-24), were not registered to vote in the historic 2008 election.
  • In many states, pre-election registration deadlines of 25-30 days prior to the election have not been updated for decades; such deadlines may have been adopted long before the age of the Internet or computers, and no longer make sense in today’s world.

Why Are 51 Million Eligible Americans Not Registered to Vote? | Demos

In my wifes case, she has no desire to vote for either crook.

Liberals may own the white house but the gop owns 75 pct of the political landscape from state houses, to the house and senate, and governorship's down to dog catcher.

Although 24% of the American electorate labels themselves "liberals:, they still considerably trail the 38-39% of voters who are staunch conservatives.....There are 51 million Americans who are eligible BUT have not yet registered to vote. Would anyone care to venture a guess whether those 51 million would register as democrats, republicans or independents???

51 million eligible Americans are still not registered to vote. This represents almost one in four eligible persons, disproportionately low-income voters, people of color, and younger Americans. Among eligible voters, some 30 percent of African Americans, 40 percent of Hispanics, 45 percent of Asian Americans, and 41 percent of young adults (age 18-24), were not registered to vote in the historic 2008 election.
  • In many states, pre-election registration deadlines of 25-30 days prior to the election have not been updated for decades; such deadlines may have been adopted long before the age of the Internet or computers, and no longer make sense in today’s world.

The same morons who protest the minimum wage. To stupid to figure out how to vote

The same morons who protest the minimum wage. To stupid to figure out how to vote

Like Drumpf's kids!

Liberals may own the white house but the gop owns 75 pct of the political landscape from state houses, to the house and senate, and governorship's down to dog catcher.

True.....although the senate will have a dem. majority after this Nov.

The point was and is A(more of a guess on everyone's part) that IF 51 million more people decided to register and vote....which party would benefit the most?

To stupid to figure out how to vote

Speaking of "stupid".....Here's my English lesson for you....."To" is a preposition, while the word you were looking for had you finished 6th grade, is the adverb "too"....So before you cast aspersion on others, clean your own house.

To stupid to figure out how to vote

Speaking of "stupid".....Here's my English lesson for you....."To" is a preposition, while the word you were looking for had you finished 6th grade, is the adverb "too"....So before you cast aspersion on others, clean your own house.

Again shit for brains I get paid to read not spell or proper fucking grammar..

Again shit for brains I get paid to read not spell or proper fucking grammar..

Well, it's a good thing for you that you don't get paid to THINK.......you'd be starving and destitute....LOL

True.....although the senate will have a dem. majority after this Nov.

The point was and is A(more of a guess on everyone's part) that IF 51 million more people decided to register and vote....which party would benefit the most?
I don't know. I'm not clairvoyant

Democrats are too stupid to realize that they have to register to vote.

This post proves it.

If anything, the deadlines should be shortened because registration is infinitely easier and faster than when those laws were written.

Well, since right wingers are not too anxious to render a guess as to what party those 51 million UN-registered voters would opt for if they were to register AND vote........I'll venture my own guess.

I believe that 3 out of 4 currently unregistered voters are within minority groups....and we all know that minorities have virtually always favored the democratic party. If black and Latino prominent people would just place an all-out effort to register voters within their own ethnic groups, the GOP would soon face the same fate as the Whigs. .

The OP is based on a 2012 story. I guess that's why none of the links work.

Well, since right wingers are not too anxious to render a guess as to what party those 51 million UN-registered voters would opt for if they were to register AND vote........I'll venture my own guess.

I believe that 3 out of 4 currently unregistered voters are within minority groups....and we all know that minorities have virtually always favored the democratic party. If black and Latino prominent people would just place an all-out effort to register voters within their own ethnic groups, the GOP would soon face the same fate as the Whigs. .
Want to render a guess as to what those people would do to the average education level of the Democrat party if they voted and contributed politically?

Let's just say that it would be very hard to call Republicans the "stupid party".

/thread.

Those minorities who are not registered to vote have probably figured out neither party gives a flying fuck about them. They have probably figured out both parties have royally screwed them over.

They are smart not to vote for Democrats or Republicans.

But people should vote. They should chuck the Dems and Republicans a big middle finger by writing in someone else's name. Just to show the major parties that not only are we not apathetic, we are pissed off at the way they are doing things.

Want to render a guess as to what those people would do to the average education level of the Democrat party if they voted and contributed politically?

Let's just say that it would be very hard to call Republicans the "stupid party".

With the above, a bit of "racism" pokes through, my friend......Could those new voters be any more "stupid" than the cadre of voters in some all vivid red states?

Those minorities who are not registered to vote have probably figured out neither party gives a flying fuck about them.

Well, I don't know if its apathy or resignation about neither party caring about them....but I DO agree that you lose all the "right" to bitch when you decline to get your ass up and show up to vote.

Forum List

Back