WA bans text-driving. Also eat-driving and smoke-driving and read-driving

I don't know how well license suspension would go over. If them people are not going to respect one law, why would they respect another?

That's the stupidest argument in history. "Whoever breaks one law will break all laws" !!

You are an idiot and are, from this day on, banned from my threads.

No - it's not required. They just like to do it and this needs to stop.
Nope can't be an Uber driver without the Uber ap on your cell phone telling you who to pick up where and where to deliver them.
Can't be a cop without the radar,ladar, plate scanner, network to police dispatch, and lap top. And don't forget the radio.
Can't be a cab without gps, and internet devices for internet savvy customers to call you and dispatch you.
Can't be a trucker, without a laptop telling you where and when to go.

No - you are wrong. No one NEEDS to text drive. It's done for convenience and they should pull off the road if they want to use a cell. THINK

I don't know how well license suspension would go over. If them people are not going to respect one law, why would they respect another?
That's the stupidest argument in history. "Whoever breaks one law will break all laws" !!

You are an idiot and are, from this day on, banned from my threads.
No it isn't. I used to work with a girl who admitted at one point to driving without a license.

God bless you and her always!!!

Holly

P.S. I believe whoever the moderator of this forum is decides who is banned from the place and when.

Nope can't be an Uber driver without the Uber ap on your cell phone telling you who to pick up where and where to deliver them.
Can't be a cop without the radar,ladar, plate scanner, network to police dispatch, and lap top. And don't forget the radio.
Can't be a cab without gps, and internet devices for internet savvy customers to call you and dispatch you.

No - you are wrong. No one NEEDS to text drive. It's done for convenience and they should pull off the road if they want to use a cell. THINK
Your limiting your side of the argument to texting, I'm not.
An Uber driver needs to check his cellphone on the way to pick up the pax to locate the pax and pick them up. The Uber driver needs to be available to the Pax in case he sends detail instructions of where to pick him up. Like "side entrance" etc. After picking up the pax the Uber driver has no idea where the Pax is going without the gps map on his cellphone telling him where to go giving him turn by turn instructions of where to go. All of that would be illegal, which would make it illegal to be a Uber driver.

Cops drive with a computer automatically scanning the plates of the cars in front of them. Cops have to read DL info that the computer pops onto the screen for each plate that it scans. Cops must read detailed dispatch instructions and situational reports from dispatch while enroute to a scene. Cops have to read speed on radar/ladar while driving down the road of other cars on the road. Cops need to see camera which is zoomed in on drivers to see if they are wearing seat belts. All of which would be illegal under this law.

I could go on and on with examples for truckers, bus drivers, taxi cab drivers, ambulance/fire drivers, etc. There are a lot of professions who need to interact with either a smart phone or a laptop computer while driving in order to do their jobs.

People who can't multi-task shouldn't be allowed to drive.

I do agree with the law to stop texting........but as far as eating, smoking or drinking (non-alcoholic only) shouldn't be included. That has all been going on since cars were first put on the road and are not the leading causes of crashes.

As a driver, you have to multi-task.......to be looking ahead, to the sides, rear-view, check speed, gas & temp levels, wipers, heater, blinkers, headlights, etc.

Your limiting your side of the argument to texting, I'm not.
An Uber driver needs to check his cellphone on the way to pick up the pax to locate the pax and pick them up. The Uber driver needs to be available to the Pax in case he sends detail instructions of where to pick him up. Like "side entrance" etc. After picking up the pax the Uber driver has no idea where the Pax is going without the gps map on his cellphone telling him where to go giving him turn by turn instructions of where to go. All of that would be illegal, which would make it illegal to be a Uber driver.

Cops drive with a computer automatically scanning the plates of the cars in front of them. Cops have to read DL info that the computer pops onto the screen for each plate that it scans. Cops must read detailed dispatch instructions and situational reports from dispatch while enroute to a scene. Cops have to read speed on radar/ladar while driving down the road of other cars on the road. Cops need to see camera which is zoomed in on drivers to see if they are wearing seat belts. All of which would be illegal under this law.

I could go on and on with examples for truckers, bus drivers, taxi cab drivers, ambulance/fire drivers, etc. There are a lot of professions who need to interact with either a smart phone or a laptop computer while driving in order to do their jobs.

People who can't multi-task shouldn't be allowed to drive.
Yep. Looks like we're going to have to ban radios in cop cars.

The bad news is the penalties are not that great - just a fine of around $200. These crimes should be treated like DUI.

What’s more dangerous than a drunk driver? You, on your phone, says governor

From the steps of the Capitol Monday, Gov. Jay Inslee had a warning for all the drivers trying to sneak in one last text.

“When you are driving while you are on a cellphone, you are more dangerous to yourself and everyone else on the road than a drunk driver with a .08 blood alcohol (level),” Inslee told the crowd.

State officials are working to get the word out about Washington’s Driving Under the Influence of Electronics Act, which goes into effect Sunday and bans the use of handheld devices while driving, even when stopped in traffic.

Fines start at $136 and can go up to $234; violations will be reported to insurance companies, meaning violators could see their rates increase.

Other distractions, such as grooming, smoking, eating or reading, could result in a $99 ticket if you are pulled over for another offense.

Its a start. It never seemed like a big deal sending a quick text at a red light. It is a big deal. I see all kinds of people looking down at phones while driving.
I'm so glad its going into effect sooner than they originally planned.

Its a start. It never seemed like a big deal sending a quick text at a red light. It is a big deal. I see all kinds of people looking down at phones while driving.

Yes it's a start and hopefully the penalties will now be increased drastically. Distracted driving should be treated like drunk driving and even drunk driving should have its penalties increased. Why do we tolerate these killers and maimers? Answer - because the auto industry pays the news media to brainwash people into driving like psychopaths. Car crashes mean car sales.

Self driving cars seem like something for way out in the future. I wish the technology was solid and they were available now.
Rush hour traffic would be so relaxing.

Think how relaxing driving would be if we enforced the law and kicked out the 50 million illegals that use our roads. And all of them drunk and speeding.

Self driving cars seem like something for way out in the future. I wish the technology was solid and they were available now.
Rush hour traffic would be so relaxing.

Think how relaxing driving would be if we enforced the law and kicked out the 50 million illegals that use our roads. And all of them drunk and speeding.
I have heard about you. There are no fifty or twenty or fifteen or even eight million illegals on our roads, and only a handful of them are drunk and speeding.

If you are looking at numbers, We the Citizens scare the illegals to shit.

Forum List

Back