🌟 Exclusive 2024 Prime Day Deals! 🌟

Unlock unbeatable offers today. Shop here: https://amzn.to/4cEkqYs 🎁

Wage Growth Surges as Over 200k Jobs Added

Meathead

Diamond Member
Jan 6, 2012
Prague, Czech Republic
To all you whiners, read it and weep:

In August, the U.S. economy added 201,000 jobs and the unemployment rate held steady at 3.9%. Nonfarm payrolls were expected to rise by 190,000 in August with the unemployment rate forecast to drop to 3.8%.

The real standout in the report, however, were the gains in average hourly earnings, which rose 0.4% over last month and 2.9% over last year.

U.S. adds more jobs than forecast in August as wage growth surges

Last edited:
The all you whiners, read it and weep:

In August, the U.S. economy added 201,000 jobs and the unemployment rate held steady at 3.9%. Nonfarm payrolls were expected to rise by 190,000 in August with the unemployment rate forecast to drop to 3.8%.

The real standout in the report, however, were the gains in average hourly earnings, which rose 0.4% over last month and 2.9% over last year.

Wage growth was very good.

Job growth was terrible.

The number you quoted is altered by a mathematical model called the Birth/Death model. Which makes the Establishment Survey something of a joke.

CES Net Birth/Death Model

The number that is not altered is the Household Survey number...what the U-3 (unemployment rate) is based on.

And it showed that 423,000 LESS Americans were employed in August. And almost all of those losses were full time. That is horrific.

Employment Situation Summary Table A. Household data, seasonally adjusted

The only reason the U-3 did not jump up is because an equally whopping 469,000 Americans left the workforce.

And you cannot knock the Household Survey jobs number if you have ever bragged about the low U-3 without looking like a total fool on this issue.

But the employment numbers were TERRIBLE.

ALWAYS LOOK PAST THE HEADLINES

Once again - I am neither Dem nor Rep... I am proudly Indy.

Job growth was terrible.

The number you quoted is altered by a mathematical model called the Birth/Death model. Which makes the Establishment Survey something of a joke.

The number that is not altered is the Household Survey number...what the U-3 (unemployment rate) is based on.

And it showed that 423,000 LESS Americans were employed in August. And almost all of those losses were full time. That is horrific.

The only reason the U-3 did not jump up is because an equally whopping 469,000 Americans left the workforce.

And you cannot knock the Household Survey jobs number if you have ever bragged about the low U-3 without looking like a total fool on this issue.

Impotence is not something you want to advertise. BTW, where is maintaining a 3.9% UE rate "terrible"? Stop whining!

Job growth was terrible.

Impotence is not something you want to advertise.

Well, that was an incoherent statement. How that relates to my post is mind-boggling. It is interesting that your first thought is penis-related though. When I think of sex - me being heterosexual - I think of women. Yet with you...it is male sex organs. Each to their own.

:abgg2q.jpg:

True or false...423,000 Americans lost their jobs in August according to the Household Survey (which the U-3 is based on)?

Yea, but Trump is mean in meetings, therefore the economy does not matter!!!

It's OBAMA'S ECONOMY. It has nothing to do with Trump removing many of the OBAMA regulations put on businesses!!

Job growth was terrible.

Well, that was an incoherent statement. How that relates to my post is mind-boggling. It is interesting that your first thought is penis-related though.

True or false...423,000 Americans lost their jobs in August according to the Household Survey (which the U-3 is based on)?
We get the butt-hurt part over losing the election, but that was 2 years ago and this is absurd.

Job growth was terrible.

Well, that was an incoherent statement. How that relates to my post is mind-boggling. It is interesting that your first thought is penis-related though.

We get the butt hurt part over losing the election, but this is absurd.

I was generally (and selfishly, granted) happy when Trump won...my investments (on election night, because I - in essence - shorted him) were geared to him winning and I did great. And I mean...GREAT.

Bad for America - great for me personally.

Now stop ducking the question like a coward:

Last edited:

trends were upward, anyway.

U.S. National Debt Clock : Real Time

Fundamentals matter under Capitalism; how long can this right wing policy be sustained?

clearly the only way to prevent this tragedy from continuing is to impeach President Trump...

Forum List

Back