Wages at Golden Corral $2.13 an hour

The wife and I went to the New Golden Corral Buffet last night, and I asked the bus boy how much they started him out at. He said $2.13 an hour! I asked what the cooks were paid. He said he wasn't positive, thought it was $8.00 an hour. Anyone think they get medical benefits?
At $2.13 an hour, that guy can't even buy a cup of coffee and a breakfast sandwich at Burger King.($3.99) Is it really possible to live on $80.00 a week?
Looks like the cons have succeeded in making the U.S. a banana republic.
Our dinner was $26.00

First of all, not classy to be asking strangers what they make. And second, if they're unhappy with their earnings, they can work somewhere else.

Now isn't that a "classy" way to try to justify $2.13 an hour. Pft!

The wife and I went to the New Golden Corral Buffet last night, and I asked the bus boy how much they started him out at. He said $2.13 an hour! I asked what the cooks were paid. He said he wasn't positive, thought it was $8.00 an hour. Anyone think they get medical benefits?
At $2.13 an hour, that guy can't even buy a cup of coffee and a breakfast sandwich at Burger King.($3.99) Is it really possible to live on $80.00 a week?
Our dinner was $26.00

are you surprised?

servers and "busboys" are exempt from minimum wage laws. (the expectation being they are tipped). it's ridiculous.

and foodworkers should have a certain number of paid sick days so someone with the flu doesn't breathe all over my food because they have to make their rent.

I want EVERYONE to succeed in life. That is the Republican and conservative motto.
BWAH HA HA HA HA!!!!!!!!! You have reached a whole new level of bullshit! BWAH HA HA HA HA!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

are you surprised?

Are you?

Didn't you read the instructions on ThinkProgress to spread this bullshit?

servers and "busboys" are exempt from minimum wage laws. (the expectation being they are tipped). it's ridiculous.

Is it?

How much do servers make in tips?

and foodworkers should have a certain number of paid sick days so someone with the flu doesn't breathe all over my food because they have to make their rent.

AND they should be FORCED to join a union, cuz the party sez sew...

I'm curious Jilly, have you every had a thought that wasn't programmed into you by George Soros? Even once?

Well this thread is an advertisement for the plan the cons have for American workers, if they win in November. More poverty, more poor, more low wages. Every con post has either denied the truth, or tried to defend $2.13 an hour wages. When they destroy Social Security and welfare, the problem will be 40 million times worse. That's the con solution.

Hey jackass, how do you feel about the Dem solution for the last 5 years?

$0.00 minimum wage for millions of Americans that lost their jobs due to ACA and Obama's horrid economic policies.

Yo moron, it was the cons that cut off unemployment benefits. It was the cons that refused to raise the minimum wage. It's the cons that have obstructed infrastructure repair that would have created jobs. It's the cons that cut food stamps to hungry children. It's cons efforts to cut Social Security which will throw 40 million on the unemployment lines.
How about you give us some REAL CON SOLUTIONS, instead of just blaming Obama?

You are a proven liar, you have zero credibility. You should probably go away somewhere and wait until people forget before you post again.

Yo moron, it was the cons that cut off unemployment benefits. It was the cons that refused to raise the minimum wage. It's the cons that have obstructed infrastructure repair that would have created jobs. It's the cons that cut food stamps to hungry children. It's cons efforts to cut Social Security which will throw 40 million on the unemployment lines.

What amazes me is that even after being proven to be a liar and a fraud, it doesn't phase you. You are so utterly devoid of ethics, that you feel no shame or remorse for being exposed to the entire forum as a liar and a fraud.

Can anyone say "sociopath?"

Like all good democrats, he's a liar. He's simply following in obama's footsteps.

You haven't proved anything. Just because you call me a liar and a fraud doesn't make it so. It only proves you are a moron.

LOL

Yeah, let's just ignore those links to the same fraudulent story being told in other forums....

Dude, you have no shame, even by democrat terms you are a fucking sociopath.

Still haven't proved anything, moron. Accusations are not proof. Try again.

I want EVERYONE to succeed in life. That is the Republican and conservative motto.
BWAH HA HA HA HA!!!!!!!!! You have reached a whole new level of bullshit! BWAH HA HA HA HA!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

And yet you don't know me. With each post you just keep proving what a drooling monkey moron you are. By all means, keep posting your cut and paste talking point lies. We can all use a good laugh.

It's because of this CEO that the job is there in the first place. He is running the company well enough for it to prosper and grow lead to hiring more and more people. These people can show their strengths and move up the corporate ladder and perhaps be a CEO at a time in the future.

At that time one would say this person has paid his dues and should reap the rewards for a job well done. No doubt he will continue to work hard to continue to make that company a success, which is not a an 8 hour job. Let he earn the big bucks.

If he values his employees so much pay them a wage they can live on. EVERYONE deserves a livable wage. Not just him. I like my job but I get shit pay...why should I quit or find something new? They need to pay more. Economic Justice is what's needed. We must all help each other that means the uber rich helping the really poor...

You sir are an idiot of the slobbering monkey variety. Some jobs simply do not pay a living wage and never will. They still are jobs that require doing and there will always be someone who due to their particular set of circumstances will be willing to do it for that price. As a teenager living at home with my parents and going to high school, I sacked groceries for $1.60 an hour back in the day. Could I move out on my own, get an apartment, pay utilities, make a car payment, pay for healthcare, etc. on $1.60 an hour? Hell no, why would I think I could or want to? It's a starter job that a retarded person can be trained to do. There were always 20 teenagers standing at the door waiting their turn to replace a teenager that quit. Doing that job taught me a lot about a good work ethic, being on time, servicing the customer, etc. It wasn't long at all before I got a small raise, became a checker and then moved to the office. All I needed the job for was to make the payment on my used car, put some gas in it and take my girlfriend to an occasional movie. That job along with my education were stepping stones to better and higher paying jobs. It's the way the world works. You like your job but you get shit pay? Why should you quit and find something new? Those sound like personal problems to me. Personal problems are best solved by YOU. Not demanding some sort of "economic justice" from the CEO. Piss in one hand and demand in the other and see which one fills up faster. You are where you are in life because you choose to be there. It's no one else's problem or responsibility.......unless you are a liberal. Grow up.

I am a liberal and I agree with you. And I expect there are others like me. What you describe makes sense. In high school, I worked only during my senior year. I worked in a movie theatre and made $1.10 an hour. I worked my way through college working mostly as a waitress or office clerk. The waitress jobs were low paid, and I lived mostly on tips. But, in those days, it was enough to pay tuition and buy books, live in a cheap apartment with a roommate, have no car or credit card, etc. The clerical jobs didn't pay much either. I didn't have parents who could afford to pay for college, so I also took out some loans. All of that lead to a sense of self sufficiency, of a work ethic, etc. However, minimum wage today is what it takes to survive on your own. In my day, an apartment cost about 200$ a month. Nowadays, it is far more and so minimum wage needs to be much higher.

Certain jobs are appropriate for teenagers, I agree. They can also be appropriate for the mentally challenged, who very often live in group homes or with parents. Anyone who needs to take care of him or herself, to live on their own, needs a job with a living wage. But, if they are able bodied and of average intelligence, they need to earn that job, with training, education or experience, just like everyone else.

What amazes me is that even after being proven to be a liar and a fraud, it doesn't phase you. You are so utterly devoid of ethics, that you feel no shame or remorse for being exposed to the entire forum as a liar and a fraud.

Can anyone say "sociopath?"

You haven't proved anything. Just because you call me a liar and a fraud doesn't make it so. It only proves you are a moron.

The Fair Labor Standards Act requires a minimum wage of $2.13 for tipped workers with the expectation that wages plus tips total no less than $7.25 per hour. The employer must pay the difference if total income does not add up to $7.25 per hour.

On May 25, 2007, President Bush signed into law a supplemental appropriation bill (H.R. 2206) which contains the Fair Minimum Wage Act of 2007. This provision amended the FLSA to provide for the increase of the federal minimum wage by an incremental plan, culminating in a minimum wage of $7.25 per hour by July 24, 2009.

Fair Labor Standards Act - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

They don't make $2.13 an hour. They make at least $7.25.

Carry on, dipshit.

Our dinner was $26.00

Minimum wage already exists and it isn't $2.13 an hour. That busboy is full of shit and you're an idiot for believing that he's making $80 a week.

Min wage in restaurants is just that 2.13 and hour , look it up before making idiotic comments

Our dinner was $26.00

Minimum wage already exists and it isn't $2.13 an hour. That busboy is full of shit and you're an idiot for believing that he's making $80 a week.

Min wage in restaurants is just that 2.13 and hour , look it up before making idiotic comments

You're over 200 posts late

Forum List

Back