Waiting period to buy a gun...?

Apparently, some people still think this is not just a good idea, but necessary.
Law Center to Prevent Gun Violence Gun Law Information Experts

To this end, a federal judge struck the waiting period on CA for most gun buyers
Federal judge strikes down California gun purchase waiting period in some cases Fox News

If a waiting period for an abortion is insufferable, how is if OK to force people to wait to buy a gun?
Fewer Waiting Periods For Guns Than For Abortions INFOGRAPHIC

I already own several guns and have a CCW permit -- why should I have to wait some arbitrary amount of time before I can exercise my right to arms?
If you already have guns, why is there such an emergency to get another today?
It's not a matter of urgency, it's a matter of restricting the exercise of a right w/o any legitimate reason to do so
I'm a gun owner, and a 2nd amendment supporter.

I am also in favor of clarification on the 2nd amendment, so we all don't have to wind up appearing to be crack pots, and overreact to any regulation that might not be so much of an infringement on the 2nd.

I completely understand how defining the word "arms", in terms of what the constitution allows us to possess, isn't that easy. If I had my way, any weapons up to 50 cal, automatic or not, should be open carry and unregulated. I would draw the line at heavy weaponry that can take down airplanes at medium to high altitude, and/or explosives.

So when I hear people getting jumpy because you can't go buy a gun that same day, I sometimes wonder how peoductive that fight is. We need to pick out battles, and not let anti gun folks draw us into looking like paranoid militia types.
On the contrary -- there is no good sense in compromise, for compromise is impossible.
I ask you this: What do you get in return when you allow the other side to infringe on your right to arms just a little more?

Exactly...if you are not a,felon...which the NICS will show...there is no reason to deny you your lawful product...which is protected by the Constitution...

I think the idea is two fold, one to do a background check which shouldn't take days. The second is to try and prevent someone buying a gun when enraged and using it. Gives some time to simmer down. Are either necessary or effective? I don't think so but since they really are not a big burden maybe doing nothing would actually be worse.
I never had a background check take more than a few minutes.

I've passed scores of them.

Keep pushing the envelope and one day a sane majority on the Supreme Court will finally decide the right to own, possess or have in one's custody and control a gun is a privilege, not a right.

No...that isn't what will happen...if Hilary or another democrat gets in when the conservative justices start dying off...there will be a litmus test and the first two items after will they protect abortion will be ...you will overturn Heller, and Macdonald and outlaw all guns....

that is how it will actually happen...

Apparently, some people still think this is not just a good idea, but necessary.

To this end, a federal judge struck the waiting period on CA for most gun buyers
Federal judge strikes down California gun purchase waiting period in some cases Fox News

If a waiting period for an abortion is insufferable, how is if OK to force people to wait to buy a gun?

I already own several guns and have a CCW permit -- why should I have to wait some arbitrary amount of time before I can exercise my right to arms?
It's not a matter of urgency, it's a matter of restricting the exercise of a right w/o any legitimate reason to do so

I am also in favor of clarification on the 2nd amendment, so we all don't have to wind up appearing to be crack pots, and overreact to any regulation that might not be so much of an infringement on the 2nd.

I completely understand how defining the word "arms", in terms of what the constitution allows us to possess, isn't that easy. If I had my way, any weapons up to 50 cal, automatic or not, should be open carry and unregulated. I would draw the line at heavy weaponry that can take down airplanes at medium to high altitude, and/or explosives.

So when I hear people getting jumpy because you can't go buy a gun that same day, I sometimes wonder how peoductive that fight is. We need to pick out battles, and not let anti gun folks draw us into looking like paranoid militia types.
On the contrary -- there is no good sense in compromise, for compromise is impossible.
I ask you this: What do you get in return when you allow the other side to infringe on your right to arms just a little more?

Exactly...if you are not a,felon...which the NICS will show...there is no reason to deny you your lawful product...which is protected by the Constitution...

Libs think the right to murder their unwanted "clumps of cells" is a Constitutional right, but Americans exercising their 2nd Amendment rights isn't, and wonder why they get no respect.

I think the idea is two fold, one to do a background check which shouldn't take days. The second is to try and prevent someone buying a gun when enraged and using it. Gives some time to simmer down. Are either necessary or effective? I don't think so but since they really are not a big burden maybe doing nothing would actually be worse.

How about My ex boyfriend is getting out of jail and they failed to notify me. he gets out today....

I am being stalked by an ex and they just escalated,to the point I think he is going to kill me.......

happens all the time.......
Choose your men better.

Because last night I shot a thug trying to rob me...the police took my gun as evidence and now his thug buddies are coming to kill me and my family.....but the police did station a car in front of my house....I just have to worry about everywhere else I go....

Keep pushing the envelope and one day a sane majority on the Supreme Court will finally decide the right to own, possess or have in one's custody and control a gun is a privilege, not a right.

And that day will be the beginning of the revolution. Be careful what you wish for.

they make statements like that and wonder why we don't trust them....

Because last night I shot a thug trying to rob me...the police took my gun as evidence and now his thug buddies are coming to kill me and my family.....but the police did station a car in front of my house....I just have to worry about everywhere else I go....
You obviously don't own enough guns.

How about My ex boyfriend is getting out of jail and they failed to notify me. he gets out today....

I am being stalked by an ex and they just escalated,to the point I think he is going to kill me.......

happens all the time.......
Choose your men better.

she started to after the last one...but the cops won't do anything and she needs the gun today?

No...that isn't what will happen...if Hilary or another democrat gets in when the conservative justices start dying off...there will be a litmus test and the first two items after will they protect abortion will be ...you will overturn Heller, and Macdonald and outlaw all guns....

Gay and Jewish will be the qualifications if Hillary gets in.

You obviously don't own enough guns.

Probably not....and I am just listing examples....of course the real answer to "why do you need another gun so fast if you already have one?"

None of your business...

Who said anything about an emergency, retard? If I buy a gun I want to take it home not wait a few days and go back. I can with a ccw unless the feds are backed up after president Ozone or his zombies run their yap.

Who said anything about an emergency, retard? If I buy a gun I want to take it home not wait a few days and go back. I can with a ccw unless the feds are backed up after president Ozone or his zombies run their yap.

there is a Lott piece where he points out clinton and Obama shut down the 6 days a month...imagine if they made it more days than that....

Gay and Jewish will be the qualifications if Hillary gets in.

pro abortion and anti gun will be must haves I any New Democrat selected Justices...

My "waiting period" for my recent purchase turned into 10 days.
There was a huge backlog of requests at the time and for whatever reason they couldn't give me a straight yea or nay.
The dealer finally "conditionally released" it to me, saying that if it came back as a no they could come get it.
I've had slow approvals before but after this one, I'm requesting the paperwork to file for a personalized PIN

Libs think the right to murder their unwanted "clumps of cells" is a Constitutional right, but Americans exercising their 2nd Amendment rights isn't, and wonder why they get no respect.
Libs deserve no respect. Liberalism is the philosophy of failure, the creed of ignorance and the gospel of envy. It's inherent virtue is the equal sharing of misery/

Brainwashed ^^^ (but it only took a light rinse)

Libs deserve no respect. Liberalism is the philosophy of failure, the creed of ignorance and the gospel of envy. It's inherent virtue is the equal sharing of misery/

Brainwashed ^^^ (but it took only a light rinse).

Forum List

Back