Waiting period to buy a gun...?

What about a woman that gets fearful of some guy's threats and decides to finally arm herself. She has to wait 10 days but gets murdered in the mean time. Who did it help?
9-1-1

Making a threat or giving a 'reasonable person' reason to believe a threat has been made is a crime. Call the police.
LOL. That will help a bunch as he's pounding her face in.

Gun control should be a privilege,
You may hate the fact that The Second Amendment protects an individual right to possess a firearm unconnected with service in a militia, and to use that arm for traditionally lawful purposes, such as self-defense within the home -- but it is a fact.

I don't hate the Second Amendment in terms of "self-defense within the home", I don't even hate you and the rest of the gun advocates who express their opinions;
you're the one who hates, as do many of your gun loving buddies.

I've been very clear on my opinions, that you have to lie and expand my comments to the Nth degree is proof of your dishonesty, and inability to argue your point rationally.

I get it that gun control is an emotional issue for you and many others. That fact alone should give others pause, why do we allow those controlled by their emotions to own, possess or ever have in their custody and control a gun?

What about a woman that gets fearful of some guy's threats and decides to finally arm herself. She has to wait 10 days but gets murdered in the mean time. Who did it help?
9-1-1

Making a threat or giving a 'reasonable person' reason to believe a threat has been made is a crime. Call the police.

I ran my agency's domestic violence unit, you don't know a damn thing about the dynamics of that issue, and your belief that an armed victim is protected is foolish.

9-1-1

I ran my agency's domestic violence unit, you don't know a damn thing about the dynamics of that issue, and your belief that an armed victim is protected is foolish.
You haven't run anything but a keyboard. No way you know anything about DV. And I didn't make your idiotic claim. Having a gun and not needing one is a LOT better than needing one and not having one!

Point of protecting gun owners' rights is compromising....
When you and I compromise, I give you something of mine to get something of yours, and vice versa.
When I "compromise" on guns, I give up some of my rights.
What do I get in return?

Know what they call politicians who never compromise? Unemployed. You're making the mistake of simplified thinking, not strategic thinking.

If someone comes at me saying they want a waiting period for guns I'm gonna ask what the point of it is. They'll say to protect people from gun violence (what they always say.) So I'll ask them to show me figures and stats of where waiitng periods actually prevented a crime. Ask how many people buying a gun didn't already have one or more at home, how many were making their first ever purchase of a weapon, etc.

If their intent with a waiting period is to protect people fine. But obviously people who already own guns aren't going to be effected by the intent of a waiting period since if they have a cirminal intent they can use one of their existing weapons. So the wait is only discouraging hotheads or people buying guns for some illicit purpose (criminal resale, criminal activities, etc.)

If they're really all about public safety, a compromise should be something they'll accept. No compromise no waiting period at all. If they're unwilling to exempt existing gun opwners then their intent has nothing to do with public safety and they'll be out of office when we run a pro-gun pro-public safety candidate the next election.

Gun control should be a privilege,
You may hate the fact that The Second Amendment protects an individual right to possess a firearm unconnected with service in a militia, and to use that arm for traditionally lawful purposes, such as self-defense within the home -- but it is a fact.
I don't hate the Second Amendment in terms of "self-defense within the home", I don't even hate you and the rest of the gun advocates who express their opinions;
You hate the fact that the 2nd amendment protects a RIGHT, as you clearly believe no such right exists.
If not for that fact, you and the rest of the anti-gun loons would be free to impose any sort of gun control you can think of.
Thus, the 2nd gets o your way. You hate that.
you're the one who hates...
You and I both know there's no way for you to support this statement.
I get it that gun control is an emotional issue for you and many others.
Says he who relies in emotion, ignorance and/or dishonesty to make his points.

9-1-1

Presenting a firearm in defense usually only escalates the encounter. Like someone assuming a martial arts stance in a shoving match now suddenly an all-out physical assault.

Point of protecting gun owners' rights is compromising....
When you and I compromise, I give you something of mine to get something of yours, and vice versa.
When I "compromise" on guns, I give up some of my rights.
What do I get in return?
Know what they call politicians who never compromise? Unemployed. You're making the mistake of simplified thinking, not strategic thinking.
You did not answer my question.
What do the people who want more gun control offer me in return for giving up some of my rights?

9-1-1

That's true, and for those in a domestic violent situation see the link below to the Domestic Violence Hotline.

But if the perp. is able to access your computer call them at this number and make sure to delete it if he has access to your phone:

1-800-799-7233 | 1-800-787-3224 (TTY)

The National Domestic Violence Hotline 24 7 Confidential Support

Apparently, some people still think this is not just a good idea, but necessary.
Law Center to Prevent Gun Violence Gun Law Information Experts

To this end, a federal judge struck the waiting period on CA for most gun buyers
Federal judge strikes down California gun purchase waiting period in some cases Fox News

If a waiting period for an abortion is insufferable, how is if OK to force people to wait to buy a gun?
Fewer Waiting Periods For Guns Than For Abortions INFOGRAPHIC

I already own several guns and have a CCW permit -- why should I have to wait some arbitrary amount of time before I can exercise my right to arms?

Ever the moderate, I suggest a compromise. When purchasing your first firearm, you have a waiting period. Subsequent firearms though, no waiting period.

Why should there be a waiting period.....? I'm don't know why the government should be able to tell you you have to wait...just in case you might decide to shoot someone....then the same should go for all tools that could be used to commit murder...knives, hammers, ice picks, hatchets (which was used recently to kill a woman by her husband), baseball bats....any implement that could be used to commit harm should have a waiting period.....right?

9-1-1

They will only respond in an imminent threat...she will never know when the attack is coming.....so she has to hope she can contact the police as the attack is happening....who has the right to put her in that situation?

9-1-1

That's true, and for those in a domestic violent situation see the link below to the Domestic Violence Hotline.

But if the perp. is able to access your computer call them at this number and make sure to delete it if he has access to your phone:

How does that work if the guy busts her door down? I've been a member on a LEO site for 10 years and can say with 100% certainty you're full of shit.

9-1-1

Presenting a firearm in defense usually only escalates the encounter.
If you pull your gun and issue a final warning before you shoot, the situation has already escalated to the point where deadly force is justified.

9-1-1

If you pull your gun and issue a final warning before you shoot, the situation has already escalated to the point where deadly force is justified.

Imagine many untrained gun users under combat stress lsoe control of their weapon to their attackers. And people who'd buy a gun in the first place to protect themselves against a known or likely threat may rely upon it instead of calling police, or use the weapon unjustifiably. Many scenarios where an untrained panicky person is worse off armed.

Imagine many untrained gun users under combat stress lsoe control of their weapon to their attackers. And people who'd buy a gun in the first place to protect themselves against a known or likely threat may rely upon it instead of calling police, or use the weapon unjustifiably. Many scenarios where an untrained panicky person is worse off armed.
So? Imagine somebody not giving a fuck about your fantasies and prefering to take precautions into their own hands.

9-1-1

None of thins negates the validity of what I said.
If the situation has risen to the point where you have a right to use deadly fore, pulling the gun cannot create an escalation.

9-1-1

How does that work if the guy busts her door down? I've been a member on a LEO site for 10 years and can say with 100% certainty you're full of shit.

You say many things with "certainty", mostly you present as dumb as a box of rocks. Sometimes I wonder if you put on a dress and lipstick and post under the nom de plume Stephanie - yes you are that dumb.

9-1-1

You say many things with "certainty", mostly you present as dumb as a box of rocks.
Like...oh... gun ownership should be a privilege, not a right?
:lol:

Forum List

Back