Wake's Place

de9d6b7ac0fe8d5afeab92a88ece91fa.jpg

omg. LOL!!!

How did "house" finish? Well I hope. I watched for half a dozen years or so and got behind because they moved the time and it conflicted with other shows. Then I decided to wait for all the seasons to be on netflix and run through em back to back.

I missed whatsherface. The one he lusted after for so long. Once she was gone...it lost its appeal.:(

Hey, Wake. Nice place you have here, it's very inviting.

Thanks for the invite Wake :)

You're very welcome. I'm really not good at this sort of thing, 'cause I'm a goof and've never tried it before, but I'll try to not screw this up. :lol::smiliehug:

I likes simple.

Yes and no. It's more or less simple complexity. Like trying to reduce things to their simplest elements, or owning as few things as possible. Like trying to make life simpler, even though you tend to think a bit too much at times. Not sure if my tongue's finding the right words, thought. :D Having care for elderly people who hoard a lot of things, on the physical front I decided to try and get rid of as many of my things as possible, to ward off stress.

Nice place.....now tell me....is there going to be "food".......:D

Looks nice...but where's the food?

Here's some bacon to get things a-crack-a-lackin!

bacon.jpg

Do meatballs in the slow cooker with BBQ sauce sound good? Just recently I learned how to make toast, and have been learned how to cook for clients. This dumbass here learned through trial and error a lot of different things. For one, never put hardboiled eggs in the freezer unless you like egg jerky. :lol: I do make mean jalapeno poppers with cream cheese wrapped in bacon, though. :D

This might be nice.

How about some Michigan hots hotdogs and coleslaw and roasted Brussel sprouts covered in queso on the side? (My tastes tend to the plebian.)

Mm.. Hotdogs and slaw are great, so yeah that sounds good. Brussels sprouts are another favorite, but I've never tried them in queso. Wow. Usually I grow them in the garden, pick 'em after a frost, then clean and halve them. Put em on a skewer with olive oil, cracked pepper and sea salt and you've got yourself a special treat. I'll have to try the sprouts with queso; do you maybe have a recipe for it, please?

I am so frustrated after reading yet another idiotic post from another idiotic moron that I was going to come in here and say to stop @ing me. Glad I stopped and gave the thread a glance.

Thx for the invite, Wake.

You're very welcome, too. To be honest I'm a bit bashful with all these kind people coming in here, lol.

Used to be really shy before working in healthcare, but having cared for many people from various walks of life really softened and warmed my heart to trusting people and sharing with them. What good is living if you're always too afraid to open yourself up and talking with people? It took years to reach this point, but getting away from a bad father and caring for the sick and suffering really made me understand that life only comes once and it's meant to be shared with love and community.

Out of curiosity, are there any tea drinkers here? I've grown fond of roasted dandelion root tea.

pGNC1-5196831dt.jpg

Supposedly it's good for getting rid of toxins and fats from the body. There's this thing called a fatty liver, and I think I've had one for awhile because of a not-so-healthy diet. But, after drinking this tea my body felt a bit healthier, and am currently trying to incorporate celery into my diet. It's hell, but worth it in the long run.

Out of curiosity, are there any tea drinkers here? I've grown fond of roasted dandelion root tea.

pGNC1-5196831dt.jpg

Supposedly it's good for getting rid of toxins and fats from the body. There's this thing called a fatty liver, and I think I've had one for awhile because of a not-so-healthy diet. But, after drinking this tea my body felt a bit healthier, and am currently trying to incorporate celery into my diet. It's hell, but worth it in the long run.

I drink a little tea but have never tried roasted dandelion. I recently came across ginger honey which I love in my ginger tea by the same maker as your graphic.

BTW, add to all the food mentions home made bread. I can't remember the last time I had store-bought bread.

Another fave is to start the day with a froot smoothie. My current favorite is a variation on this, based on what we have on hand:

1/2 - 3/4 cup almond milk
1/2 cup crushed ice
1 T honey
1-2 Ts unsweetened cocoa powder
1 ripe banana
1/2 cup blueberries
A sprinkle of flax seed and wheat germ
1 cup plain Greek yogurt
Blend until smooth

Anyone else?

I love the view from your cyber living room.

Thanks very much for the invitation, Wake. I hope it takes off.

Ahh...Saturday night...
Just put in a homemade pizza in the oven.
Chorizo/tomato/onion/spinach/mushroom...homemade sauce of course (the secret is honey)
Later I think I will take the wife to get some ice cream.
Ohh,...a Bob Marley song just came on Spectrum...gotta turn that up...

Forum List

Back