Wake's Place

Looks nice...but where's the food?

Here's some bacon to get things a-crack-a-lackin!

bacon.jpg

Wraps those around some scallops..bub.

:D

I love bacon. But it has to be a certain kind. Oscar Meyer Center Cut. It is just delish.

I know this is Wake's place but a nice splash of color never hurt anything did it? I'm retiring early tonight. See you all tomorrow:

2034485-flower-arrangement.jpg

Being a caregiver isn't always pleasant work. Nope, not at all. Sometimes you have to get down and dirty, cleaning people who really need help. That means you'll be dealing with diapers about to burst, dry and crusty feces here and there, and skin that needs to be protected. It can be really thankless work, but deep down you know that they appreciate their bits being taken care of. This line of work is also quite humbling...

I remember one of my first experiences cleaning people up post-clinicals. She was a 350lb woman who needed to be washed, because her Rex-like arms couldn't reach much of herself. So, fresh out of CNA school, I walk into her bedroom and introduce myself. She reciprocates, and then pulls off her one-piece gown, leaving herself completely bare. The naked woman's sitting on the edge of her bed with a look that conveys no other meaning than... "Well, wash me." That was rough, and unexpected. Another time she drank too much of that good prune juice, and had diarrhea... all over her reclining chair. She's not confused, but likes to have a bit too much of everything. This includes rather fattening foods she expects me to cook for her. Stuff that leads to constipation. One time she wasn't able to let that boulder roll out of her ruins, so... she asked me for some help. That meant double-gloving and picking away at the heads of that little beast nestled within her dark meat. I distinctly remember my teacher, an R.N., telling us that "Some of you special people will have to extract poop with your fingers." Lucky me. It's happened five times.

Sometimes the people you're caring for are confused and vulnerable. With time you become very protective of the helpless while in your profession. They can't help it when they have accidents. Having changed products over 100 times, I'm no longer intimidated by the prospect of cleaning the diapers of my future children. Ha, I started big and am now ready to go small. A little baby's butt is nothing compared to some of the... situations... we lowly caregivers deal with. One client had C. Diff so badly the mucousy feces broke a hole through the depends. Another client had been so neglected by his family that upon arrival there was feces up his belly, between the thighs, and everywhere from front to back. His poor skin on his scrotum was so excoriated I cried—no, got angry, because of how painful it looked. Like caring for my gramps before him, I took my time cleaning him up thoroughly. Wash with warm and soapy water, rinse, pat dry, apply barrier cream, fresh product, clean clothes, good food, and reminiscing on good memories with him. Just reach out and care. Comfort. Respect. Love.

Long story short, it feels great caring for people—don't do it for the money. At times it's dirty and thankless, but it's good work. This job gives you a very clear perspective of what's in store should you survive life's challenges. Enjoy yourself while you can, because eventually everything goes to pot. Those perky breasts become flippers, and penises shrivel up like anemones out of water. And it's so true! What I know is that, if I couldn't do it myself, I'd be pretty happy to have a nice shower or my skin cared for thoroughly. Words to the wise: Save your money for the future, because you'll need it! ツ

I think I will kill myself before I have to rely on someone to take of me like that. Yes. I do believe I will. But if I couldn't get to my gun or pills, then I would want someone like you Wake.
However, that ain't gonna happen. Nope.

by the by is it legal to watch dancers that young and stupid? And in a related topic sex tourism locations that specialize in gals that are at least full grown (16 age of consent) tend to have 7 women per 6 men like in the Baltic states. Makes you wonder how much of their motivation is hormonal?

by the by is it legal to watch dancers that young and stupid? And in a related topic sex tourism locations that specialize in gals that are at least full grown (16 age of consent) tend to have 7 women per 6 men like in the Baltic states. Makes you wonder how much of their motivation is hormonal?

Who's motivation ?

Hey Wake...you might wanna read up on Manuka Honey. Since you have to cook for some of these folks, this stuff is another miracle not many know about. But you might wanna check with their doctors first?

Manuka Honey Benefits

I have not bought any yet...it's kind of expensive. But I saw it at the health food store and made note of the price for future use. With my own weak immune system, I am betting it will be great in hot tea instead of sugar.

It takes a special person to care for others, especially the elderly. It is truly comforting to know there are individuals such as yourself who attend to the needs of others in a caring and compassionate manner.

I admire his strength to be able to deal with such things. And he is right. Save your money. Don't piss off the relatives. They are the ones that will be wiping your butt when you can't. :(

Forum List

Back