Wake's Place

Good afternoon everyone. It's a pleasure to be here.

I love people, and talking with them about anything. You know, life would suck if we didn't have people to go through it with us. In the grand scheme of things, our time on this planet is so unbelievably brief. The resounding wisdom from the old folk I care for is that it's better to live life to the fullest, and have no regrets. That said, I think it's time I follow their advice and put down some roots. I think I'm gonna like it here. Nothing fancy—just my own place. :D:smiliehug:

Please feel free to stop on by and talk with this simple man.

Bunker%20Cerco%20Gris%20Setting.jpg

Books make the very best wall decorations & love your discussion room, Wake. Thanks for the invite.

Beautiful dog, drifter. We adopted a dog we call Miss Music 5 years ago after our Ms. Dominique passed on at the age of 13. We've had two of the best dogs in the world right in a row. It's like lightning struck twice in a good way. Music is a black lab and reminded me of the Civic Chorale groups I've belonged to over the years whose outfits were always black, plus as a puppy she was eye candy or "music to the eye."

Someone is bound to adopt that beautiful dog in your video, hopefully. We only do one dog at a time. That way, they know they're #1 and totally loved. :D

Last edited:

Beautiful dog, drifter. We adopted a dog we call Miss Music 5 years ago after our Ms. Dominique passed on at the age of 13. We've had two of the best dogs in the world right in a row. It's like lightning struck twice in a good way. Music is a black lab and reminded me of the Civic Chorale groups I've belonged to over the years whose outfits were always black, plus as a puppy she was eye candy or "music to the eye."

Someone is bound to adopt that beautiful dog in your video, hopefully. We only do one dog at a time. That way, they know they're #1 and totally loved. :D

Pretty neat Becki, I hope you are right and someone adopts that dog soon.

Out of curiosity, are there any tea drinkers here? I've grown fond of roasted dandelion root tea.

pGNC1-5196831dt.jpg

Supposedly it's good for getting rid of toxins and fats from the body. There's this thing called a fatty liver, and I think I've had one for awhile because of a not-so-healthy diet. But, after drinking this tea my body felt a bit healthier, and am currently trying to incorporate celery into my diet. It's hell, but worth it in the long run.
Sounds like a winner, Wake. The celery sounds good too.

For those who cannot digest uncooked veggies, here's a little light soup from my kitchen to enjoy:

Celery soup
large head of celery sliced thin
2 finely sliced green onions with roots and dry areas removed
2 grated sweet carrots, scrubbed clean and cap areas removed
2 oz. butter
1/2 t. salt
1/4 t. pepper
1/2 t. grated cardamom or freshly crushed cardamom seeds
1 1/2 quarts water
Chop vegetables.
Place in pressure cooker and heat to boiling. Place lid and weight on pressure cooker and cook for 5 minutes.

Cooking with lid on preserves essential nutrients, and cooking 20 minutes if no pressure cooker is available is almost as good.

bon appetite. :)

Out of curiosity, are there any tea drinkers here? I've grown fond of roasted dandelion root tea.

pGNC1-5196831dt.jpg

Supposedly it's good for getting rid of toxins and fats from the body. There's this thing called a fatty liver, and I think I've had one for awhile because of a not-so-healthy diet. But, after drinking this tea my body felt a bit healthier, and am currently trying to incorporate celery into my diet. It's hell, but worth it in the long run.

rooibos.jpg

Rooibos - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Nutritional and health benefits[edit]

Rooibos is becoming more popular in Western countries, particularly among health-conscious consumers, due to its high level of antioxidants such as aspalathin[2] and nothofagin, its lack of caffeine, and its low tannin levels compared to fully oxidized black tea or unoxidized green tea leaves.[3] Rooibos also contains a number of phenolic compounds, including flavanols, flavones, flavanones, and dihydrochalcones.[4]

Rooibos is purported to assist with nervous tension, allergies and digestive problems.[5] Rooibos tea has been shown to inhibit in vitro activity of xanthine oxidase, but an in vivo study has not been conducted. Xanthine oxidase (XO) plays a role in conversion of purine to uric acid in humans and reducing the activity of XO could limit uric acid production, which would aid in treatment of gout. In in vitro tests only, for the specific concentration tested, the infusion was shown to be less than half as effective as allopurinol, which is the drug typically prescribed to inhibit XO activity in treating gout.[6]

Two flavonoids found in rooibos, quercetin and luteolin, have been known to have cancer fighting qualities.[7] Rooibos does not contain the antioxidant Epigallocatechin-3-gallate (EGCG) found in green tea.[8]

Traditional medicinal uses of rooibos in South Africa include alleviating infantile colic, allergies, asthma and dermatological problems.[9]

Scientific experiment[edit]

Human studies of rooibos are scarce in scientific literature.[10] Animal studies show that rooibos has potent antioxidant, immune-modulating and chemopreventive effects. A review found no documentation of adverse side effects of consuming rooibos tea.[10]

I love rooibos tea, too, and have some on hand.

I got a bad surprise, though, when I went to purchase some tea I just ran out of, my top favorite of all time:

0003068482071_500X500.jpg

It has a calming effect for frazzled nerves, which I am thinking will help a lot if I can find some soon with all the bones I broke in my face last week.

Another good one for orators, scholars and people who have to do a lot of memorization is this delectable item:

1213684506-24669_full.jpg

Still, the roasted dandelion root tea is going on my next shopping list. ;)

Being a caregiver isn't always pleasant work. Nope, not at all. Sometimes you have to get down and dirty, cleaning people who really need help. That means you'll be dealing with diapers about to burst, dry and crusty feces here and there, and skin that needs to be protected. It can be really thankless work, but deep down you know that they appreciate their bits being taken care of. This line of work is also quite humbling...

I remember one of my first experiences cleaning people up post-clinicals. She was a 350lb woman who needed to be washed, because her Rex-like arms couldn't reach much of herself. So, fresh out of CNA school, I walk into her bedroom and introduce myself. She reciprocates, and then pulls off her one-piece gown, leaving herself completely bare. The naked woman's sitting on the edge of her bed with a look that conveys no other meaning than... "Well, wash me." That was rough, and unexpected. Another time she drank too much of that good prune juice, and had diarrhea... all over her reclining chair. She's not confused, but likes to have a bit too much of everything. This includes rather fattening foods she expects me to cook for her. Stuff that leads to constipation. One time she wasn't able to let that boulder roll out of her ruins, so... she asked me for some help. That meant double-gloving and picking away at the heads of that little beast nestled within her dark meat. I distinctly remember my teacher, an R.N., telling us that "Some of you special people will have to extract poop with your fingers." Lucky me. It's happened five times.

Sometimes the people you're caring for are confused and vulnerable. With time you become very protective of the helpless while in your profession. They can't help it when they have accidents. Having changed products over 100 times, I'm no longer intimidated by the prospect of cleaning the diapers of my future children. Ha, I started big and am now ready to go small. A little baby's butt is nothing compared to some of the... situations... we lowly caregivers deal with. One client had C. Diff so badly the mucousy feces broke a hole through the depends. Another client had been so neglected by his family that upon arrival there was feces up his belly, between the thighs, and everywhere from front to back. His poor skin on his scrotum was so excoriated I cried—no, got angry, because of how painful it looked. Like caring for my gramps before him, I took my time cleaning him up thoroughly. Wash with warm and soapy water, rinse, pat dry, apply barrier cream, fresh product, clean clothes, good food, and reminiscing on good memories with him. Just reach out and care. Comfort. Respect. Love.

Long story short, it feels great caring for people—don't do it for the money. At times it's dirty and thankless, but it's good work. This job gives you a very clear perspective of what's in store should you survive life's challenges. Enjoy yourself while you can, because eventually everything goes to pot. Those perky breasts become flippers, and penises shrivel up like anemones out of water. And it's so true! What I know is that, if I couldn't do it myself, I'd be pretty happy to have a nice shower or my skin cared for thoroughly. Words to the wise: Save your money for the future, because you'll need it! ツ
I know it sounds crass, but I have to do this routinely and am acquainted with words that work: "Put soap on that washrag first, then it's easier to clean the rag when you're finished cleaning." "You didn't do anything? Butt check!" and "Spread em."

That way you don't ever have to use your fingers again, except in grim cases where the person has lost touch with interpretive language skills.

Also, if all the hot water gets used up in the shower after a messy episode, I no longer try to curb down on the timer.

All things change when the things that work last week don't work this week.

I'm now working on my pleasant face regardless of smell. That's a hard one for me. I can smell when a neighbor half a mile away bakes cookies, a pot roast, or breakfast with bacon. Pet deodorizer also dispels a lot of gloom around the bathroom areas, plus bathroom sanitation sprays for the toilet seat used a couple or 3 times a day.

by the by is it legal to watch dancers that young and stupid? And in a related topic sex tourism locations that specialize in gals that are at least full grown (16 age of consent) tend to have 7 women per 6 men like in the Baltic states. Makes you wonder how much of their motivation is hormonal?

Who's motivation ?
The prostitutes. Normal adult distribution tends to 20 women per 19 men.

@freedombecki

with all the bones I broke in my face last week.
omg. What happened???

Well, I tried to escape the smells for just one hour last week, so I went over to my sister's house and took Miss Music along. She's a mild-mannered dog, but my sister's 3 little rabble rousers had nonstop hissy fits, so after 10 minutes of the constant yipping, I took Miss Music out to the car. She is a big dog and likes to show off, so she started running madly around the car, probably to work off the neurotic fits she had to listen to up close and personal. The car was parked by the street, so she was in the street, and I panicked. I ran for the door, because she will hop in the car the instant you do that, but a tree root caught my shoe toe, and I went flying through the air and landed on another tree root's knot, which slammed my eye so deep into its socket, it broke at 6 o'clock on the eye orbit. I drove home, to let my sweetie know I was going to the hospital, but he insisted on driving, and I was at the end of my rope anyway, so I let him.

After about 6 hours, they decided I needed to see a maxillofacial surgeon and sent me to a city 50 miles west of town, and my husband disappeared with the truck at the hospital to take care of the dog. To make a long story short, I got home by calling my sister, and my husband wasn't home at midnight when we drove back. The next morning, the constable from a town 100 miles north called and said I needed to pick him up there, expropriate his keys, and take the car back, so my BIL drove me, which took 2 hours, so I drove my husband home with the windows in full down position so he could clean up when he got home. Needless to mention, he was not too interested in complying with all the requests, and I had to postpone the maxillofacial surgeon's first office visit not in a hospital for several days. I've been back twice since then, and still have to go back in 2 more weeks when an opthalmological surgeon can look into why I have double vision at 2 o'clock with my chin down 30 degrees.

Sorry ya asked yet? ;lol: :lol: :lol:

I've been napping a lot and trying to figure out ways to not have to go out for meals every day so I can sleep when it hurts. I'm allergic to a lot of anelgesics, so declined pain pills, and now it's catching up by not stopping hurting after 2.5 weeks of time passage.

I don't know whether I want surgery or not, so the 2 weeks will give it more time to clear up. The maxillofacial man said it takes 6 months for that many hairline facial fractures to heal, although there's nothing hairline about the crushed area at 6 o'clock on the lower occipital bone beneath my left eye. I can still pass a periforal eye test, though, but my left eye is blurrier than it used to be.

Time to go to sleep. Hope everybody has a great evening.

by the by is it legal to watch dancers that young and stupid? And in a related topic sex tourism locations that specialize in gals that are at least full grown (16 age of consent) tend to have 7 women per 6 men like in the Baltic states. Makes you wonder how much of their motivation is hormonal?

Who's motivation ?
The prostitutes. Normal adult distribution tends to 20 women per 19 men.

Are you saying that you think prostitutes are prostitutes because they have a hormonal desire to be a prostitute?

It depends on the supply of men. Neither sex is rational just rationalizing what the limbic system tells them to do. It's a basic postulate socio-biology and for that behavioral finance.

I am fixing to paint some rocks. Was browsing BING for garden decor ideas and I have these river rocks now on my desk. They are placed in pots of flowers or on benches or around the yard and look just too cute...so that is my plan for tomorrow. Along with painting the dresser Hubby found for me to play with.

I am fixing to paint some rocks. Was browsing BING for garden decor ideas and I have these river rocks now on my desk. They are placed in pots of flowers or on benches or around the yard and look just too cute...so that is my plan for tomorrow. Along with painting the dresser Hubby found for me to play with.

What colors did you decide to use?

It depends on the supply of men. Neither sex is rational just rationalizing what the limbic system tells them to do. It's a basic postulate socio-biology and for that behavioral finance.

Well just answer according to what you think :)
That the supply of the opposite sex determines the most genetically appropriate behavior and strategy based on economic costs. For example, the cost charged by a woman for bearing an unrelated child for another seems to be tending towards 1/6th of the average cost for a child but 1/12th or less of that cost if she is using her own egg particularly if the adoptive mother is a close friend or relative.

In China and India femicide is declining with urbanization which is another sex specific cost. "Do Gentlemen Really Prefer Blondes?" by Gena Pincott was the best source I could find for how sexual behavior is mediated by both same and opposite sex pheromones to optimize behavior for the individual. If you are acquainted with Freakonomics you may realize that the literally two dimensional economic model of prostitution (developed by two women by the way) is not very flattering to men or women. So, I read up on the subject, which led to the book I am now writing.

Gonna go with White. Then shabby it so the black and the original wood shows in places. I think. Won't know til tomorrow. :)

Wow Becki. I am so sorry to hear this. Just...wow. And no, I am not sorry I asked.
I will light a candle for you and send some prayers that you heal quickly and the pain is relieved more quickly.

:smiliehug:

For the rocks...yellow, red, pink. Maybe white hibiscus.

Forum List

Back