Wal-Mart introduces new dress code, employees must buy own clothes

I googled "company that pays for employee uniforms" and can't find one, just all the articles and rules saying when the employee may deduct them, and employees asking "is it legal for them to make me buy my own clothes?"

It is standard to pay for your own work clothes and always has been. If you work for a company that uses a Cintas type uniform outfit, they determine the number of uniforms you need (7 at hubby's), may require you to purchase a matching jacket from them (hubby's does) and deduct their cleaning expense from your paycheck. If you rip one, they mend or replace it during their weekly cleaning cycle and that expense gets deducted from your pay as well, even if you feel it isn't necessary. Standard practice and has been for a loooong time.

OP, do you know of any company who buys their employee's uniforms?

And everyone knows that the cost of living hasnt gone up at all so I see that is a good reason to keep wages low /sarcasm

Cost of living is going up and no one has increased anything...So now whats your excuse for wanting people to keep earning shit wages? Because cost of living will go up like it has been already?
Hey you're supposed to be rich, right?

Open a business and pay all your cashiers 50K a year and stop fucking whining.

Wait, I didnt hear your reasoning on why the cost of living is a concern for you when its been happening without wage increases. I know why you didnt answer...because your bullshit excuse is a bullshit excuse

I already knew what the responses would be here. Dont worry tho they can just apply for an increase in their welfare to cover the loss...then republicans can complain about that instead.

Oh not about Walmart...dont be silly...Complain about the people who apply for welfare because of Walmarts shit wages.

I think the Waltons want...no need to open another art gallery anyway.

So you show up to work naked on the first day? And when they ask you say hey you didn't buy me anything to wear.

Uh oh, now you've been forced into the silly argument corner

Free Noodles For Everyone!

And everyone knows that the cost of living hasnt gone up at all so I see that is a good reason to keep wages low /sarcasm

Cost of living is going up and no one has increased anything...So now whats your excuse for wanting people to keep earning shit wages? Because cost of living will go up like it has been already?

Wait, I didnt hear your reasoning on why the cost of living is a concern for you when its been happening without wage increases. I know why you didnt answer...because your bullshit excuse is a bullshit excuse
Entry level jobs have never been enough to keep up with the cost of living. Nor should they be.

If you are still working in an entry level job for minimum wage after the age of 17 then it's your own fault.

Entry level jobs have never been enough to keep up with the cost of living. Nor should they be.

If you are still working in an entry level job for minimum wage after the age of 17 then it's your own fault.

So what is your bullshit excuse again on why raising the min wage would result in the results we have now? None right?

So what is your bullshit excuse again on why raising the min wage would result in the results we have now? None right?
I haven't mentioned raising the MW in this thread at all.

I have been mocking you on your lame post that buying a shirt of a particular color will be a financial burden on millions of Walmart employees.

Walmart was built on taxpayer funds.

Your brain is built on sugar pops and marijuana.

Walmart was built on a brilliant supply chain management system developed by Sam Walton. Walton virtually created the discipline of supply chain management.

Put the bong and the XBox controller down, and learn something - retard.

http://www.amazon.com/Sam-Walton-Ma...r=8-1&keywords=sam+walton+books&tag=ff0d01-20

Walmart employees are the largest employed welfare recipients of any single company in the US.

That's a lie, as has been demonstrated dozens of times, but even if you filthy Communists were not lying, the act of employing the economically disadvantaged, giving the welfare recipient an opportunity to earn a bit of independence and the pride that accompanies earning one's own living, is considered a good thing by decent people.

You don't have a problem with that?

Will SEIU openly state that you object to giving jobs to welfare recipients? Will your masters acknowledge that you seek to keep your boot on the neck of the poor to force them into perpetual poverty and dependence on public aid?

I have been mocking you on your lame post that buying a shirt of a particular color will be a financial burden on millions of Walmart employees.

Concession noted

[

The answer is simple.

You Communists portray what you promote as something new and different, wise rulers distributing goods and housing to the masses who live in harmony, happily toiling for the benefit of society.

Put another way, the lords and nobility reign over a peasant class who own nothing and depend on their lords for everything.Communism is nothing more, or less, than feudalism. A pampered elite controlling the means of production and doling out what they see fit to the enslaved masses.

We all know this is the goal of the left and the democratic party, but what does it have to do with minimum wage?

Simple: under capitalism, the concept of entry level is vital. It is the starting point that teens find to pick up a few bucks for a car and to go on dates, a place to learn vital work skills for later jobs. It isn't intended to feed a family of 14 and buy a house.

But your party sees it differently, your filthy party sees all who are not in the tiny elite of rules as peasants. There is no such thing as a "starter job," peasants are put to work as the party sees fit, on behalf of the rulers. Workers in all jobs must be paid the amount that would keep a family alive and in poverty. The party does not approve of teens working, and especially not learning work skills that might cause them to question their rulers.

Dependent and ignorant is how the democrats want the peasants - which is why you are such a good democrat, CC. Pushing the MW to $20 an hour will make it viable for the party to assign a worker to McDonald's for life, never looking to advance or improve, just a cog in the wheel that the party can replace at a whim.

Capitalism is about human dignity and the ability of man to achieve, to better himself. The Communism your filthy party promotes is about the belief that humans have no value, that people are just parts to be used in the machine of the party, then discarded.

Your kind has prevailed before, and brought about the society you fight to give us. We called that time "the Dark Ages."

Last edited:
I already knew what the responses would be here. Dont worry tho they can just apply for an increase in their welfare to cover the loss...then republicans can complain about that instead.

Oh not about Walmart...dont be silly...Complain about the people who apply for welfare because of Walmarts shit wages.

I think the Waltons want...no need to open another art gallery anyway.

So you show up to work naked on the first day? And when they ask you say hey you didn't buy me anything to wear.

Uh oh, now you've been forced into the silly argument corner

Silly premis = Silly response

What's your point?

Concession noted
What concession?

That your OP is ludicrous?

[

The answer is simple.

You Communists portray what you promote as something new and different, wise rulers distributing goods and housing to the masses who live in harmony, happily toiling for the benefit of society.

Put another way, the lords and nobility reign over a peasant class who own nothing and depend on their lords for everything.Communism is nothing more, or less, than feudalism. A pampered elite controlling the means of production and doling out what they see fit to the enslaved masses.

We all know this is the goal of the left and the democratic party, but what does it have to do with minimum wage?

Simple: under capitalism, the concept of entry level is vital. It is the starting point that teens find to pick up a few bucks for a car and to go on dates, a place to learn vital work skills for later jobs. It isn't intended to feed a family of 14 and buy a house.

But your party sees it differently, your filthy party sees all who are not in the tiny elite of rules as peasants. There is no such thing as a "starter job," peasants are put to work as the party sees fit, on behalf of the rulers. Workers in all jobs must be paid the amount that would keep a family alive and in poverty. The party does not approve of teens working, and especially not learning work skills that might cause them to question their rulers.

Dependent and ignorant is how the democrats want the peasants - which is why you are such a good democrat, CC. Pushing the MW to $20 an hour will make it viable for the party to assign a worker to McDonald's for life, never looking to advance or improve, just a cog in the wheel that the party can replace at a whim.

Capitalism is about human dignity and the ability of man to achieve, to better himself. The Communism your filthy party promotes is about the belief that humans have no value, that people are just parts to be used in the machine of the party, then discarded.

Your kind has prevailed before, and brought about the society you fight to give us. We called that time "the Dark Ages."
Under real capitalism, Walmart wouldn't be as big or wouldn't exist, as currently they recieve unfair market advantage through the government subsiding or paying their payrolls. Most companies have to pay their workers themselves, and can't feed on the government teat to keep afloat.

I don't care about the uniform issue, what I do care about is corporations abusing the welfare system at the expense of businesses that pay their workers the same or more out of their own pockets.

If company x pays its workers $6 an hr, and company y pays its workers either $6 or nothing while getting a government hand out to cover their payroll how is that not anti-capitalist and government interference in the marketplace.

Under real capitalism, Walmart wouldn't be as big or wouldn't exist, as currently they recieve unfair market advantage through the government subsiding or paying their payrolls.

Now see what you've done there? In logic and reasoning we call that technique "lying through your fucking teeth." What you've done is fabricate something out of nothing in hopes of deceiving others. One of the key elements to this technique is the complete and utter lack of any fact,

Most companies have to pay their workers themselves, and can't feed on the government teat to keep afloat.

Well, that's because they're space aliens using mind control to suck out the thoughts of all the workers and feed on them.

I don't care about the uniform issue,

You don't care about integrity, fact, reality, or rationality either.

what I do care about is corporations abusing the welfare system at the expense of businesses that pay their workers the same or more out of their own pockets.

If company x pays its workers $6 an hr, and company y pays its workers either $6 or nothing while getting a government hand out to cover their payroll how is that not anti-capitalist and government interference in the marketplace.

Based on your adept use of the above technique, you are what we call a "fucking moron." You spew fantastical idiocy with the idea that people will actually believe your idiotic shit - thus demonstrating your complete break with reality.

Please explain to me how the government gives WalMart money to pay their employees. They pay the same wages here as K Mart and Winn Dixie.

Or, do you mean that a family of 4 can't live off a minimum wage job, so WalMart employees who do not choose to advance prefer to supplement their incomes with government assistance, just like at all other minimum wage jobs? That is on the employee. That same person can go work at Buffy's car wash and get welfare. Do you say we subsidize Buffy's? Why say "WalMart" when what you mean is "any minimum wage employer?" It looks like targeted hate at one company for doing what all minimum wage companies do.

I googled "company that pays for employee uniforms" and can't find one, just all the articles and rules saying when the employee may deduct them, and employees asking "is it legal for them to make me buy my own clothes?"

It is standard to pay for your own work clothes and always has been. If you work for a company that uses a Cintas type uniform outfit, they determine the number of uniforms you need (7 at hubby's), may require you to purchase a matching jacket from them (hubby's does) and deduct their cleaning expense from your paycheck. If you rip one, they mend or replace it during their weekly cleaning cycle and that expense gets deducted from your pay as well, even if you feel it isn't necessary. Standard practice and has been for a loooong time.

I'm calling bullshit. When I got a temporary job at Abercrombie & Fitch, I showed up to my first day of work completely naked and told them that it was their responsibility to adequately dress me. They did so immediately, because it is their responsibility to do so--not just for me, but for all employees. They provide mops and brooms for the janitors, change for the cashiers, and tools for maintenance technicians, so why not clothes for everyone as well? It's just common sense.

Walmart is refusing to pay for their employees' uniforms as another heartless cost-saving tactic to maximize the wealth the billionaire family that profits from their inhumyne treatment of wyrkyrs.

Why President Obama hasn't just issued an executive order nationalizing Walmart and raising their minimum wage to $15 per hour is beyond me. I assume our dear leader has his reasons, however.

OMG, you DO have a sense of humor! You should let it out more. I giggled. ♥

I'm calling bullshit. When I got a temporary job at Abercrombie & Fitch, I showed up to my first day of work completely naked and told them that it was their responsibility to adequately dress me. They did so immediately, because it is their responsibility to do so--not just for me, but for all employees. They provide mops and brooms for the janitors, change for the cashiers, and tools for maintenance technicians, so why not clothes for everyone as well? It's just common sense.

Walmart is refusing to pay for their employees' uniforms as another heartless cost-saving tactic to maximize the wealth the billionaire family that profits from their inhumyne treatment of wyrkyrs.

Why President Obama hasn't just issued an executive order nationalizing Walmart and raising their minimum wage to $15 per hour is beyond me. I assume our dear leader has his reasons, however.

Now that right there is funny, I don't care WHO you are!

Are you related to my good friend Bil Stunmun?

Mine does...we have Cintas shirts & pants, no charge. (I never wear them except in the winter...they're too warm.)

Forum List

Back