Wal-Mart introduces new dress code, employees must buy own clothes

I already knew what the responses would be here. Dont worry tho they can just apply for an increase in their welfare to cover the loss...then republicans can complain about that instead.

Oh not about Walmart...dont be silly...Complain about the people who apply for welfare because of Walmarts shit wages.

I think the Waltons want...no need to open another art gallery anyway.
Your one of the wack jobs trying to get $15.00 an hour minimum wage.

Sure buddy, you need a strawman so go for it

In return the lose benefits at work. It will put them over the limit for government handouts, also puts them into a higher tax bracket. It will raise the cost of living. So basically they will end up just as broke they are now. So go ahead, do it.

So why you fighting it again? Because it will be the same thing as now? Ok buddy surrrrre
Because buddy, the person that makes $16.00 an hour now, that won't get a raise. Will have to deal with the cost of living increase.

And everyone knows that the cost of living hasnt gone up at all so I see that is a good reason to keep wages low /sarcasm

Cost of living is going up and no one has increased anything...So now whats your excuse for wanting people to keep earning shit wages? Because cost of living will go up like it has been already?
Hey you're supposed to be rich, right?

Open a business and pay all your cashiers 50K a year and stop fucking whining.

Will it never stop with these guys?

Employees at Walmart are about to be forced to dress a little nicer at their own expense.

The world's largest retailer has unveiled a new dress code for its massive workforce, Business Insider reports. Starting Sept. 29, associates must wear navy blue or white collared shirts paired with khaki or black pants, capris or skirts.

Employees will also be required to wear a Walmart-branded vest, which the company will provide. However, Walmart says its employees will have to purchase the rest of their work uniform at their own expense. The company even set up a website for employees to buy their new required work clothes at Walmart.

The company even set up a website for employees to buy their new required work clothes at Walmart.

Well, isn't that nice?

http://abc13.com/careers/walmarts-new-dress-code-criticized-by-employees/295823/

Yes, it is nice. I'd rather not go to a Walmart staffed by naked people.

Employees at Walmart are about to be forced to dress a little nicer at their own expense.

The world's largest retailer has unveiled a new dress code for its massive workforce, Business Insider reports. Starting Sept. 29, associates must wear navy blue or white collared shirts paired with khaki or black pants, capris or skirts.

Employees will also be required to wear a Walmart-branded vest, which the company will provide. However, Walmart says its employees will have to purchase the rest of their work uniform at their own expense. The company even set up a website for employees to buy their new required work clothes at Walmart.

The company even set up a website for employees to buy their new required work clothes at Walmart.

Well, isn't that nice?

http://abc13.com/careers/walmarts-new-dress-code-criticized-by-employees/295823/

The implication of the thread is that Walmart used to buy clothes for its employees and now doesn't

Last time I checked everyone who works for me had to buy their own clothes too.

I know I always had to buy my own clothes no matter where I worked.

But Whine Percenter just needs something to cry about.

Well, isn't that nice?

The implication of the thread is that Walmart used to buy clothes for its employees and now doesn't

Even when I worked in a fast food place when I was a teenager, we had to pay for our uniform.

Well, isn't that nice?

Even when I worked in a fast food place when I was a teenager, we had to pay for our uniform.

Yup I worked at a Friendly's and had to buy 2 uniforms.

It's a wonder I didn't end up begging in the streets.

Well, isn't that nice?

It's a miracle we're still alive.

I never got free lunches at school either.

Well, isn't that nice?

The Waltons are absolute motherphuckers, absolutely. CHeap assholes. I bet they have the food donation bins out for Thanksgiving in the employee locker rooms again this year.

Well, isn't that nice?

That's because you never went to school.

Well, isn't that nice?

That's because you never went to school.

I know who you are. You're Honey BooBoo's mother!

Well, isn't that nice?

That is already the dress code there last time I checked earlier today and every other day I've been in a Walmart. The vest is new, but that's being paid for by the company apparently.

Employees always have to buy their own clothes. The very idea of expecting an employer to magically provide their countless employees nationwide with free stuff demonstrates exactly how entitled you and other progressives are.

On the positive side.......any attire required by your job is 100% tax deductible. .... :cool:

No it isn't. At least it's not supposed to be. Anything required by your job that you can't reasonably use outside of work is tax deductible. A clown outfit or hazmat suit would fall into this category. A polo shirt would not. Neither would a pair of boots, you tax cheating mudslime.

I have worked at many jobs that required you to buy your own business casual clothes. This is a non-issue.

Was it a specific style and color pant, and a specific color and style shirt? If it wasn't, your post is moot.

When I drove buses, mine were: white dress shirt, black dress pants, black dress shoes (I cheated & wore polished jump boots), and a tie. For certain charters, I had to wear a suit (black pants, jacket could be black or gray). In the REAL WORLD, most people DO buy their own work clothes!

Have you ever actually WORKED for a living?

Khakis and a button-up shirt are common requirements in a business casual environment, and don't cost much. Also, buying clothes of one color costs no more than buying them in another color.

Many jobs require you to provide your own steel toe boots, and those can be pretty expensive.

It seems like Walmart is being singled out, while thousands of businesses have required the same thing for a long time.

But the other businesses don't have the largest working class poor. Walmart bosses are rolling in tens of billions of dollars.

When I worked for Target back in 19 whatever...we had to buy 100% of our own clothes. Khaki pants and red collared Polo shirts were mandatory.

This hatred of Wal Mart for doing exactly what their competitors have done (or would do) is irrational.

Target didn't give you a uniform allowance?

There are plenty of poor "heartless bastards" as well.

Being poor or not as well off does not give one license to chastise the rich. Could Wal*Mart buy clothing for all of it's employees? Sure. Should it? No.

Again, Target did the same thing back in the 1990's. This is absolutely nothing new.

Should it....yes.

I personally find it appalling that an employer expects their employees to clothe and groom themselves at their own expense. If we only still had Hoffa.

Your one of the wack jobs trying to get $15.00 an hour minimum wage. In return the lose benefits at work. It will put them over the limit for government handouts, also puts them into a higher tax bracket. It will raise the cost of living. So basically they will end up just as broke they are now. So go ahead, do it.

Why would they loose benefits?

Well, isn't that nice?

Where's the problem?

But the other businesses don't have the largest working class poor. Walmart bosses are rolling in tens of billions of dollars.

Can you provide statistics proving that Walmart has the largest working class poor? Even then, why should that single company out of thousands provide their employees with work clothes?

Forum List

Back