Wal-Mart introduces new dress code, employees must buy own clothes

Actually, what it boils down to is, they don't give a fuck. Just like McDonalds coming out with a website and encouraging their employees to sign up for SNAP.
At least McDonalds pays its employees mostly from its own pockets, whereas Walmart puts its hands out for corporate welfare so tax payers pay most of Walmart's wages.

Actually, what it boils down to is, they don't give a fuck. Just like McDonalds coming out with a website and encouraging their employees to sign up for SNAP.
At least McDonalds pays its employees mostly from its own pockets, whereas Walmart puts its hands out for corporate welfare so tax payers pay most of Walmart's wages.

What a ridiculous statement. Wal Mart pays FAR better than McDonalds franchises pay. That was proven in the other thread .

Used to have to pay for uniforms in military. This was in the early 60's. At least then we had a better g.i. bill to look forward to. The government has cut back since then. Corporate republican, corporate democrat, take your choice.

What a ridiculous statement. Wal Mart pays FAR better than McDonalds franchises pay. That was proven in the other thread .
You clearly didn't read. I made no statement over how much employees are paid. I did say however that in comparison to other retailers Walmart disproportionally receives government assistance to pay its payrolls.

You clearly didn't read. I made no statement over how much employees are paid. I did say however that in comparison to other retailers Walmart disproportionally receives government assistance to pay its payrolls.

No sir, you DIRECTLY compared Wal Mart to McDonalds, you were not talking about retailers. why try to lie?

Why can't the government just GIVE everyone the same uniform???
No idea, this thread seems to be a lot of people complaining about Walmart. I wouldn't want to work or shop there even if it was the last retailer on Earth, and that is a consumer choice. Walmart has the right to set its own employee policies and require employees to buy their own work clothes.

No sir, you DIRECTLY compared Wal Mart to McDonalds, you were not talking about retailers. why try to lie?
No I didn't. I said that Walmart was a corporate welfare hoar. There, clear enough to you? McDonalds is probably involved in welfare for work too, though Walmart employs a lot more and thus receives more corporate welfare in order to pay poverty wages.

Used to have to pay for uniforms in military. This was in the early 60's. At least then we had a better g.i. bill to look forward to. The government has cut back since then. Corporate republican, corporate democrat, take your choice.

You're right.........................the military DOES have to pay for their own uniforms.

Quick question................did you forget about the yearly Uniform Allowance Claim paid to each and every servicemember on the anniversary of when they enlisted?

If you did, sorry about your Alzheimer's. If you didn't, sorry that you don't know much about the military.

Was it a specific style and color pant, and a specific color and style shirt? If it wasn't, your post is moot.

Khakis and a button-up shirt are common requirements in a business casual environment, and don't cost much. Also, buying clothes of one color costs no more than buying them in another color.

Many jobs require you to provide your own steel toe boots, and those can be pretty expensive.

It seems like Walmart is being singled out, while thousands of businesses have required the same thing for a long time.

I fail to see the problem?

The employees already buy clothes to wear like everyone else does in public.

WalMart is just say that the employees need to wear a certain style and color of clothes when working at the store.

Seriously, this isn't the end of the world......... :cool:
Same here. Dress codes are nothing new.

Not surprising at all.

Any way they can find to screw over their employees ...

When I worked for Target back in 19 whatever...we had to buy 100% of our own clothes. Khaki pants and red collared Polo shirts were mandatory.

This hatred of Wal Mart for doing exactly what their competitors have done (or would do) is irrational.

It reminds me of the jokes we used to tell about Wal*Mart though...

"Hey Sally, remember when Wal*Mart used to have their employees in their flyers wearing their sale items? "

"Yeah Jane. Why did they stop doing that?"

"Well Sally, they couldn't find employees capable of smiling any more."

---------------

Target Employees use cell phones.
Wal*Mart employees use the phones in their cells.

I have no respect for the ultra rich, they are heartless bastards...

There are plenty of poor "heartless bastards" as well.

Being poor or not as well off does not give one license to chastise the rich. Could Wal*Mart buy clothing for all of it's employees? Sure. Should it? No.

Again, Target did the same thing back in the 1990's. This is absolutely nothing new.

I have worked at many jobs that required you to buy your own business casual clothes. This is a non-issue.

Was it a specific style and color pant, and a specific color and style shirt? If it wasn't, your post is moot.
I worked a retail job once and I had to buy clothes from the store for work.

No big deal we all got discounts like the Walmart people do.

Stop your whining already will ya?

We still had to pay for our uniforms in 1979. I think they still do. But it is taken out of your pay while you are in boot camp, and have little need for money. We had to pay for that haircut too. lol

Forum List

Back