Walmart Doing Away With Cashiers

When I worked at Target, we usually knew well before they tried to leave the store that they were shoplifting. Often we'd call the cops and they would either be there or en-route well before we had to ask them to come to the office.

Most often it was young women stealing cosmetics. The pressure we put on young people today is crazy

Oh you were a target girl..

55b2ad112acae7f4028b9f0e.jpeg

You do know that as you stand there ringing up your own groceries, like a little russian peasant, someone is sitting in a room somewhere watching what you ring up. SPying on you when they could be on the floor STocking THE DAMN SHELVES THAT ARE EMPTY CAUSE little jimmy and janie couldn't be bothered to come in or call to let anyone know. Or they might be manning those registers if they're so worried about caucasians robbing them blind while non english speaking aliens are walking out with unpaid for flat screens.
The self checkout kiosks do have cameras built in, but I don’t think they got the manpower to have people actually sit there watching you as you ring up. They’re probably like ATM cameras. There to resolve discrepancies.

The self checkout kiosks do have cameras built in, but I don’t they got the manpower to have people actually sit there watching you as you ring up.

yeah. They do. Ask management.

You do realize that you are taking a stand against employment and for the resultant guaranteed income that has to evolve out of this?
Do you ever pay attention to the claptrap you post, duck? I support the employment and if you kept up with the thread, you would know that. Once again, you are trolling. I will commend you for attempting--not succeeding--but attempting to remain on topic though. Now run along, adults are talking here and your personal feelings are not pertinent to the conversation.

This happened in my Walmart years ago, before Covid. :lol:

But please continue your fake outrage, borne of ignorance.
However by and large it is happening now as a result of the hike in the minimum wage... low skilled labor is being phased out in favor of self checkout in grocery stores and robotic replacement in fast food chains.... You say it happened to your Walmart years ago eh? Funny that doesn't jive with conversation I had with the Walmart manager here in Massachusetts. According to him the entire chain is just now converting.
Oh and the one here in my area still has a few cashiers on for people who don't want to use the self checkout. But there's no question that at one point a line of 15 working cashiers has been reduced down to two.

Forum List

Back