Walmart Doing Away With Cashiers

I prefer to use the self-checkout when I go to Walmart, but refuse to use them at Costco. Publix does not give you a self-checkout aisle. But Home Depot does. So does Lowes.

I usually just use drive up and they deliver to my car these days when buying housewares and the odd trip I make to a store like Lowes or Home Depot. For fresh veggies and proteins I go inside (usually Sprouts or Whole Foods) If you're going to trust a store employee to pick out your vegetables...you pretty much get what you deserve if you're buying them at Wal Mart.

No, you don’t
My Walmart constantly has a police car parked out front. Most Walmarts do. That cop is somewhere around the store, either upstairs where they watch the customers from overhead, or on the floor. I fucking guarantee you that if the cop was standing next to the receipt guy you would comply. You're only not complying because you don't see the receipt guy as a threat.

That doesn't make you right. It just makes you an asshole.

My Walmart constantly has a police car parked out front. Most Walmarts do. That cop is somewhere around the store, either upstairs where they watch the customers from overhead, or on the floor. I fucking guarantee you that if the cop was standing next to the receipt guy you would comply. You're only not complying because you don't see the receipt guy as a threat.

I'm sure you'll hear some gibberish about their constitutional rights or something

If they suspect you stole something and have a suspicion..yes the asset protection people will stop you.
Nope, they won't. Not corporate policy. Observe, collect info and notify law enforcement. Do you think these news stories out of CA that show people running out of Walmarts with TVs are fake news? It's happening and if you don't believe it, you are in denial.

When I worked at Target, we usually knew well before they tried to leave the store that they were shoplifting. Often we'd call the cops and they would either be there or en-route well before we had to ask them to come to the office.

Most often it was young women stealing cosmetics. The pressure we put on young people today is crazy

I rarely ever set foot in a Walmart, but I went into one the other day because of convenience. They no longer have any cashiers left. The entire check out line has been converted to self check out. Apparently, this is being done all over the country because a friend of mine in Ohio just posted about it on social media.

Here is the result of your $15 an hour for unskilled labor. Enjoy.

Automation means fewer----much fewer jobs in the future. Bezos who supports illegals and flooding over knows this---he wants the government to pay a living wage, have a bunch of tiny apartments with occupants finger painting or whatever as he rakes in the profits of home delivering to them that the government will pay for.

We need to cut our population, not grow it, as there is no need for so many and overpopulation does by necessity lead to less for everyone, pollution, loss of environment for wildlife, more disease, and much worse. ..but it will make Bezo's richer, Zuckerbergy richer, Turner and his cornering of WATER richer along with others while lowering the quality of life for everyone else.

Last edited:
I rarely ever set foot in a Walmart, but I went into one the other day because of convenience. They no longer have any cashiers left. The entire check out line has been converted to self check out. Apparently, this is being done all over the country because a friend of mine in Ohio just posted about it on social media.

Here is the result of your $15 an hour for unskilled labor. Enjoy.

It started a year ago in Nassau County.
The H1-Bs they hired had to go home under Trump.

When I worked at Target, we usually knew well before they tried to leave the store that they were shoplifting. Often we'd call the cops and they would either be there or en-route well before we had to ask them to come to the office.

Most often it was young women stealing cosmetics. The pressure we put on young people today is crazy
My daughter was a loss prevention associate at Target and their policy says to observe, collect info and notify law enforcement. Target employees can be fired for attempting to detain suspected shop lifters.

When I worked at Woolworth's as a teenager----------they stole everything and would attack anyone who tried to stop them. If you were just targeting women stealing cosmetics--you were missing the other items being stole likely as you fear the males attacking. OH fyi, honey...shoplifters haven't broken the law until they leave the store with the merchandise---don't understand your take of we know that they are stealing and have cops in route when technically they haven't even committed a crime until they walk out the doors. Never heard of a cop coming for a shoplifting with security I think they are going to steal something...

My daughter was a loss prevention associate at Target and their policy says to observe, collect info and notify law enforcement. Target employees can be fired for attempting to detain suspected shop lifters.
I don’t know Target’s policies, but I know the loss prevention store detectives at Meijer do detain shoplifters and have them sit in the back offices somewhere until the police arrive.

If things got real and the shoplifters attempted to flee, I don’t think the LP detectives would tackle them or anything. Even if that’s not against policy a physical fight isn’t worth the pay.

Detaining a shoplifter who’s clearly shoplifting (and it’s super obvious once you know what to look for) is entirely different from randomly checking my receipt as I peacefully proceed from the checkout to the exit with my clearly bagged and purchased groceries. I agree with you that it’s unconstitutional to expect me to stop if I choose not to.

Good. We don't want your type in our warehouse. Costco is not for low lifes.

oh please. It's filled with lowlifes who bend the knee and do the bidding of the left in order to keep their jobs. They bullied their customers to the point of embarrassing ...for THEM. They acted like jack booted thugs falling all over themselves in obedience.

You do know that as you stand there ringing up your own groceries, like a little russian peasant, someone is sitting in a room somewhere watching what you ring up. SPying on you when they could be on the floor STocking THE DAMN SHELVES THAT ARE EMPTY CAUSE little jimmy and janie couldn't be bothered to come in or call to let anyone know. Or they might be manning those registers if they're so worried about caucasians robbing them blind while non english speaking aliens are walking out with unpaid for flat screens.

Forum List

Back