Walmart manager in Chesapeake VA shoots employees

A relative of mine worked in retail…….they call their guys, “loss prevention,” and they would be the ones monitoring all those cameras in the Walmart……….and calling the cops on shoplifters.
So we have a response time involved.

Just like it is with the school's, if any public place has a population of over 50 patron's or student's on scene at any given time, along with the staff, then it could be that trained security should be added if conditions exist that would definitely warrant it.

Now 50 was just a number thrown out without any certification or study in the number stated, but what is your opinion of the amount that would justify armed security to be needed ??

That's why? Lol. Thats a pretty dumb comment.

It's more likely that trying to teach kids that pregnant virgins and talking snakes exist is the reason.
Better read up on the "mockers" in the Bible... It's powerful, so it could be that you are treading on thin ice, otherwise if you haven't given up your spirit so cheaply already. One thing is for certain, and that is that YOU DON'T KNOW THAT THE SPIRITUAL REALM EXIST OR THAT IT DOESN'T WITHIN YOUR MIND, OTHERWISE ALL IN ACCORDANCE TO YOUR MOCKERY OR SPEAK, BUT IT'S REALLY GOING TO BE A SHAME THAT YOU LIVED YOUR TORMENTED LIFE FOR NOTHING WHEN YOU SHOCKINGLY FIND OUT YOU WERE WRONG.

Wal Mart employees are not allowed to carry concealed while on the clock so they were sitting ducks.

That break room was a gun free zone. Except for the bad guy, of course.

They're a private company, it's their property, and they have security and local police. You may not like it, since they don't want hordes of armed morons running around in their stores dreaming of a chance to play Wyatt Earp in the frozen pies aisle, but it's their decision to make.

Awww...you've hurt my feelings. Sob, boo hoo.

Those guns you keep under your pillow at night is a clear reality that paranoia strikes deep in your gut. Fearful to go to a supermarket is cowardly, and you have the Zimmerman Syndrome, and a yet a desire to be a hero.
All said as if mass shootings are just a figment of everybody's imagination. You must be an arrogant A-hole to think that people are as stupid as you want them to be. Not today sparky, not today.

Regardless, I don't remember seeing any security officer's at a Walmart (I may have miss them).. Have you seen one or even two at a WalMart ?

I have, and just today I went to one and there were 4 police vehicles parked in front on the sidewalks. Security there now is mostly cameras and a hot line to local police stations.

How would a security guard have done anything until after the guy already shot people???

Better read up on the "mockers" in the Bible... It's powerful, so it could be that you are treading on thin ice, otherwise if you haven't given up your spirit so cheaply already. One thing is for certain, and that is that YOU DON'T KNOW THAT THE SPIRITUAL REALM EXIST OR THAT IT DOESN'T WITHIN YOUR MIND, OTHERWISE ALL IN ACCORDANCE TO YOUR MOCKERY OR SPEAK, BUT IT'S REALLY GOING TO BE A SHAME THAT YOU LIVED YOUR TORMENTED LIFE FOR NOTHING WHEN YOU SHOCKINGLY FIND OUT YOU WERE WRONG.
Not sure what you are talking about. I have found the one true God. You need to discard your false man created religion and seek out the truth. He will embrace you if you seek him.

I will pray for you.

I have, and just today I went to one and there were 4 police vehicles parked in front on the sidewalks. Security there now is mostly cameras and a hot line to local police stations.

How would a security guard have done anything until after the guy already shot people???

You do know nutjobs can open carry too, right? So how would they be stopped beforehand?

They're a private company, it's their property, and they have security and local police. You may not like it, since they don't want hordes of armed morons running around in their stores dreaming of a chance to play Wyatt Earp in the frozen pies aisle, but it's their decision to make.
Yep, and it's their two edged sword to die by. They best get themselves some armed security that has the skills to stop something before it starts if at all possible. Won't happen though, because money comes first in every decision made, even if it easily affordable to do security, and do it right.

Not sure what you are talking about. I have found the one true God. You need to discard your false man created religion and seek out the truth. He will embrace you if you seek him.

I will pray for you.
Oh really, yet you mock God ? Better yet who is your god, Satan ?

How do we identify the "unstable person"?

How does that not happen? I would say that American society has been warned to notice such behavior over the past fifty years and increasingly more campaigned.

I think we need a better method.

This may be a good topic for its own discussion.
Sometimes they can be identified, sometimes not. Arrest records are one way. Mental records also.

It happens by supervisors being lax, and only paying attention to work getting done, while ignoring employee interrealations. (ex verbal abuse)

Yep, and it's their two edged sword to die by. They best get themselves some armed security that has the skills to stop something before it starts if at all possible. Won't happen though, because money comes first in every decision made, even if it easily affordable to do security, and do it right.

Stop and frisk everybody who walks in?

Wal Mart has security on site, you just never see them unless you try to steal something. If you walk into any Super wal mart, right near one of the entrances you will see an unmarked door. They are in there. I saw someone come out of one of those rooms one time. The room is pitch black with nothing but huge monitors everywhere and loss prevention watching the cameras.

The door is usually just outside the entrance where you walk through those theft detection body scan things. That way they can catch you stealing with the merchandise past the exit. If you're still in the store you can always claim you were going to pay for it.

Speaking of Wal Mart, I went for a quick trip to get a few things for the truck and the parking lot was more empty than normal, and the store was almost completely empty. Employees outnumbered customers for sure. For black friday, it sure looked bleak. Maybe "bleak friday" will be its new name.

Maybe everyone is just shopping online now instead of fighting the brick and mortar chaos. I don't know. But they were not at the super wal mart I was at, that's for sure.
Inflation (especially housing rents) has wiped out their bank accounts. Black friday becomes meaningless. People can't afford to shop, sales or no sales.

Of course you saw police today, it is Black Friday.

Hindsight is 2020, but a security guard isn't just a speechless, and faceless person sitting over in the corner. He or she gets to know their surroundings, their people they are helping to secure, and they learn the best ways to obtain security at the levels they feel comfortable with... Remember, their lives are on the line also, so it is in their best interest to be the best that they can be.

Oh really, yet you mock God ? Better yet who is your god, Satan ?
I didn't mock your god. I couldn't have. He doesn't exist.

What I mocked is people who want to teach about talking snakes and pregnant virgins in public schools.

I can't tell you who my God is. You must seek him out yourself.

Stay true and you will see the truth.

Stop and frisk everybody who walks in?
And if you find somebody with a gun who is legally entitled to carry it ? what then ? Deprive him of his 2nd amendment rights ? Remove a person who would be capable of stopping a mass shooter ?

Inflation (especially housing rents) has wiped out their bank accounts. Black friday becomes meaningless. People can't afford to shop, sales or no sales.
Maybe they should be more visible instead of hiding behind that mirror glass, otherwise to then spring out after the people commit their crime's ??? Deterrence is the best solution before a crime is done. Visibility of security that is armed can do amazing things.

Don't be over dramatic, because you should know what I'm talking about... It is found in the overall training of what security totally entails.

Metal detectors, the methods used at airports now?

I'm not being 'dramatic'; that and other methods are the only ways to stop this sort of stuff beforehand.

Last edited:
I didn't mock your god. I couldn't have. He doesn't exist.

What I mocked is people who want to teach about talking snakes and pregnant virgins in public schools.

I can't tell you who my God is. You must seek him out yourself.

Stay true and you will see the truth.
So your god is Satan... Got it... Oh and stop with the stupidity about snakes and other such non-sense. The only ones trying to teach about snakes in the schools are the leftist.

Metal detectors, the methods used at airports now?

I'm not being 'dramatic'; that and other methods are the only to stop this sort of stuff beforehand.
Metal detectors is a good idea, and especially sending employee's through them before their shift starts.

Went to a huge theme park back in the summer with the family, and the entrance was strictly enforced with metal detection upon entry. Yes a great idea.

Forum List

Back