Want To Live At Costco?

Independent thinker

Diamond Member
Oct 15, 2015
How about this:

Costco is building a Los-Angeles-area warehouse that's different from its traditional stores. That's because the new location will also include 800 apartments above it. Better yet, Costco will be designating 184 of those apartments as affordable housing units to address the city's housing crisis.

What a great idea! Now smash and grabbers can have a place to live right on top of their target. No transportation needed. What could possibly go wrong? And, remember, everyone can steal up to $950 per visit and not face any serious consequences and the apartments can double as meth labs and a bunch of homeless people can be out in the parking lot and the middle class will be too terrified to shop there. What a bunch of idiots.

Last edited:
How about this:

Costco is building a Los-Angeles-area warehouse that's different from its traditional stores. That's because the new location will also include 800 apartments above it. Better yet, Costco will be designating 184 of those apartments as affordable housing units to address the city's housing crisis.

What a great idea! Now smash and grabbers can have a place to live right on top of their target. No transportation needed. What could possibly go wrong? And, remember, everyone can steal up to $950 per visit and not face any serious consequences.

If they want to give back to their community I don't see a problem. In fact, it is commendable in my estimation.

How about this:

What a great idea! Now smash and grabbers can have a place to live right on top of their target. No transportation needed. What could possibly go wrong? And, remember, everyone can steal up to $950 per visit and not face any serious consequences and the apartments can double as meth labs and a bunch of homeless people can be out in the parking lot and the middle class will be too terrified to shop there.

Will you have to show your card to get into your home?

How about this:

What a great idea! Now smash and grabbers can have a place to live right on top of their target. No transportation needed. What could possibly go wrong? And, remember, everyone can steal up to $950 per visit and not face any serious consequences and the apartments can double as meth labs and a bunch of homeless people can be out in the parking lot and the middle class will be too terrified to shop there. What a bunch of idiots.

I could live at... Home Depot... no Best Buy... no Pizza Hut... no the Bowling Alley.... yeah the bowling alley...

If they want to give back to their community I don't see a problem. In fact, it is commendable in my estimation.
Somebody is eventually going to be fired over this idea. Mark my words. It's like major chains wanting to open up in high crime areas and then realizing their mistake and closing stores down, only to have local politicians complaining that the Walmarts, etc were leaving black areas. That happened in Chicago so much that Chicago has decided to open up government run grocery stores in bad areas, like they won't be ripped off, just like the stores that left were. I guess they'll fund the theft through increased taxes.

Somebody is eventually going to be fired over this idea. Mark my words. It's like major chains wanting to open up in high crime areas and then realizing their mistake and closing stores down, only to have local politicians complaining that the Walmarts, etc were leaving black areas. That happened in Chicago so much that Chicago has decided to open up government run grocery stores in bad areas, like they won't be ripped off, just like the stores that left were.

I have yet to see a costco in a high crime area. They buy massive plots of land that are generally accessible by car only. At least in Ontario.

We will have to wait and see. Human beings deserve basic necessities and some dignity don't they?

I have yet to see a costco in a high crime area. They buy massive plots of land that are generally accessible by car only. At least in Ontario.

We will have to wait and see. Human beings deserve basic necessities and some dignity don't they?

With no expectation of demonstrating some basic dignity?

They are building "affordable housing" right over Costco. That's code words for bad area with high crime. We're also not only talking about California, we're talking about Los Angeles. I don't know about necessities in bad areas. Stores are closing in bad areas all over the country because of high theft, no profits, and safety issues for those who work there and the customers. It's their very own faults for being high crime areas. So, I don't have much sympathy for them. If they wanted to be treated with dignity then they should treat others with dignity.

They are building "affordable housing" right over Costco. That's code words for bad area with high crime. We're also not only talking about California, we're talking about Los Angeles. I don't know about necessities in bad areas. Stores are closing in bad areas all over the country because of high theft, no profits, and safety issues for those who work there. It's their very own faults for being high crime areas. So, I don't have much sympathy for them.

They are apartments. These people won't have memberships.

It will be an experiment I suppose. As long as they are selective, I'm sure many single mothers would be thankful they have a place to call home. I suspect you might find a number of illegal immigrants housing there but I dont know.

They are apartments. These people won't have memberships.

It will be an experiment I suppose. As long as they are selective, I'm sure many single mothers would be thankful they have a place to call home. I suspect you might find a number of illegal immigrants housing there but I dont know.
It is against the law in California for landlords to be selective. And, yes, there probably will be illegals living there.

They are building "affordable housing" right over Costco. That's code words for bad area with high crime. We're also not only talking about California, we're talking about Los Angeles. I don't know about necessities in bad areas. Stores are closing in bad areas all over the country because of high theft, no profits, and safety issues for those who work there and the customers. It's their very own faults for being high crime areas. So, I don't have much sympathy for them. If they wanted to be treated with dignity then they should treat others with dignity.
They are probably doing it to get tax breaks and zoning approval....possibly some grant money thrown in.

Forum List

Back