War Drums: Iran Sending Warships Close To U.S. Borders...

This is funny on many levels.

1) Iran is impotent with their military outside their rocket forces and IRGC-QF "terrorists," so I wouldn't be surprised this ship sinks somewhere along the way.

2) Liberals act like Iran is just defending themselves against the "evil" USA when Iran is the one funding terrorism worldwide and building nuclear weapons.

The "Iranian navy" a threat to the US? Surely you jest.

again...some of you are missing the point.

read what I wrote above.:)

What is the point? What would you have our Navy do?
Did you know the Mission Statement of the US Navy:
The mission of the Navy is to maintain, train and equip combat-ready Naval forces capable of winning wars, deterring aggression and maintaining freedom of the seas

That part of maintaining freedom of the seas is for everyone not just our allies. If the Iranian Naval "fleet" is in international waters what do you suggest the US Navy should do that would not contradict their Mission Statement?
Are you really that worried about the Iranian Fleet? Absolutely amazing the fear mongering that is being perpetrated on the American public.

I think private American ships should go out and harass the idiots when they get near US waters....send the Sea Shepherd to bounce into it.

Do you know what the term "international waters" means? It means "international waters".

If they want to cruise around in international waters, more power to them.

Right now, Iran is no threat to the United States. Once they become more powerful though, have a bigger navy and such, then the US may take them more serious.

I will say this though, I would warn them that if they happen to come within 7 miles of the US Coast, their boat will be sunk and the survivors made to pay for littering and their ticket home. If they can't afford the fine and ticket for littering, they will be put in Gitmo until the money is paid by their government.

If they want to cruise around in international waters, more power to them.

Right now, Iran is no threat to the United States. Once they become more powerful though, have a bigger navy and such, then the US may take them more serious.

I will say this though, I would warn them that if they happen to come within 7 miles of the US Coast, their boat will be sunk and the survivors made to pay for littering and their ticket home. If they can't afford the fine and ticket for littering, they will be put in Gitmo until the money is paid by their government.

You seriously had to post this? There damn country is smaller then Texas

Iranian Naval Warships have reportedly begun journey toward US maritime border in Atlantic Ocean about two years after it promised a presence in international waters off US coast.

A senior Iranian naval commander says his country has sent several warships to the Atlantic Ocean, close to U.S. maritime borders for the first time.

The commander of Iran's Northern Navy Fleet, Admiral Afshin Rezayee Haddad, is quoted by the official IRNA news agency as saying Saturday that the vessels have already begun the journey to the Atlantic Ocean via waters near South Africa.

"Iran's military fleet is approaching the United States' maritime borders, and this move has a message," Haddad reportedly said, according to Fars, a semi-official Iranian news agency.

Iranian officials said last month that the fleet consisted of the destroyer Sabalan and the logistic helicopter carrier Khark, which will be on a three-month mission. The ships are carrying some 30 navy academy cadets for training along with their regular crews.

Haddad says the fleet is approaching U.S. maritime borders for the first time. The Islamic Republic considers the move as a response to U.S. naval deployments near its own coastlines. The U.S. Navy's 5th fleet is based in nearby Bahrain -- across the gulf from Iran.

Iran has regularly deployed warships to the Gulf of Aden off the eastern coast of Africa to fight privacy and protect commercial ships.

It has also sent its warships to Syrian waters in recent years.

In 2012, Iran said it aims to put warships in international waters off the U.S. coast within the next few years, and extend its reach as far as Antarctica.

Iran sending warships close to US borders | Fox News

That's like sending a gerbil up Michael Moore's ass...hardly be noticed.

Iranian Naval Warships have reportedly begun journey toward US maritime border in Atlantic Ocean about two years after it promised a presence in international waters off US coast.

A senior Iranian naval commander says his country has sent several warships to the Atlantic Ocean, close to U.S. maritime borders for the first time.

Oh that's a great idea! :lmao:

They must be falling behind on suicides or something.

lol at Drudge making this his big bold headline...then we get to read the fine print...

The ships, carrying some 30 navy academy cadets for training along with their regular crews, are on a three-month mission.

OMG! Run for your life!

I don't worry about this one ship doing any damage what I worry about is these people are batshit crazy. Their entire "mission" is bullshit. Sending a ship that can't make it without refuling (Russia would certainly send a fuel and supply ship, one option)on a three month mission? WTF are they going to do float around with engines off for two months?

I'm more concerned they would get here and blow the damn thing up then claim we did it causing a big ass mess in the Middle East.

I am on our side. I just don't think Iran having nukes is a threat. We survived the USSR and China with nukes, and Iran having them won't be any different.

What lessons did you learn from the Iraq debacle? None?

I am on our side. I just don't think Iran having nukes is a threat. We survived the USSR and China with nukes, and Iran having them won't be any different.

You don't note any difference between those states mentioned?

Iran could use a sailboat to make obama look a fool, yet again, and it would be equally as delicious. I just love seeing him bitch slapped.

What lessons did you learn from the Iraq debacle? None?

If you don't see the difference you have issues.

The "Iranian navy" a threat to the US? Surely you jest.

again...some of you are missing the point.

read what I wrote above.:)

What is the point? What would you have our Navy do?
Did you know the Mission Statement of the US Navy:
The mission of the Navy is to maintain, train and equip combat-ready Naval forces capable of winning wars, deterring aggression and maintaining freedom of the seas

That part of maintaining freedom of the seas is for everyone not just our allies. If the Iranian Naval "fleet" is in international waters what do you suggest the US Navy should do that would not contradict their Mission Statement?
Are you really that worried about the Iranian Fleet? Absolutely amazing the fear mongering that is being perpetrated on the American public.

Rubbish!

Are you saying that this protection extends to potential or real enemies of the US? so that every enemy of the US would have to be guaranteed freedom of the seas by the US?

How can the US protect itself and its interests if this happen??? :cuckoo:

Oh please do bring it on ! :cuckoo:
Pretty funny :razz:

Iran says warships sailing towards U.S.: agency

DUBAI (Reuters) - An Iranian naval officer said a number of warships had been ordered to approach U.S. maritime borders as a response to the stationing of U.S. vessels in the Gulf, the semi-official Fars news agency reported on Saturday.

"Iran's military fleet is approaching the United States' maritime borders, and this move has a message," the agency quoted Admiral Afshin Rezayee Haddad as saying.

Haddad, described as commander of the Iranian navy's northern fleet, said the vessels had started their voyage towards the Atlantic Ocean via "waters near South Africa", Fars reported.

Fars said the plan was part of "Iran's response to Washington's beefed up naval presence in the Persian Gulf."

The Fars report, which carried no details of the vessels, could not be confirmed independently.

In Washington, a U.S. defense official, speaking on condition of anonymity, cast doubt on any claims that the Iranian ships were approaching U.S. maritime borders. But the official added that "ships are free to operate in international waters."

The United States and its allies regularly stage naval exercises in the Gulf, saying they want to ensure freedom of navigation in the waterway through which 40 percent of the world's seaborne oil exports passes.

U.S. military facilities in the region include a base for its Fifth Fleet in the Gulf Arab kingdom of Bahrain.

Iran sees the Gulf as its own backyard and believes it has a legitimate interest in expanding its influence there.

Iranian officials have often said Iran could block the Strait of Hormuz, at the mouth of the Gulf, if it came under military attack over its disputed nuclear program, and the Western war games are seen in the region as an attempt to deter any such move.

Fars said the Iranian navy had been developing its presence in international waters since 2010, regularly launching vessels in the Indian Ocean and the Gulf of Aden to protect Iranian ships from Somali pirates operating in the area.

Yahoo!

Oh please do bring it on ! :cuckoo:
Pretty funny :razz:

Iran says warships sailing towards U.S.: agency

DUBAI (Reuters) - An Iranian naval officer said a number of warships had been ordered to approach U.S. maritime borders as a response to the stationing of U.S. vessels in the Gulf, the semi-official Fars news agency reported on Saturday.

"Iran's military fleet is approaching the United States' maritime borders, and this move has a message," the agency quoted Admiral Afshin Rezayee Haddad as saying.

Haddad, described as commander of the Iranian navy's northern fleet, said the vessels had started their voyage towards the Atlantic Ocean via "waters near South Africa", Fars reported.

Fars said the plan was part of "Iran's response to Washington's beefed up naval presence in the Persian Gulf."

The Fars report, which carried no details of the vessels, could not be confirmed independently.

In Washington, a U.S. defense official, speaking on condition of anonymity, cast doubt on any claims that the Iranian ships were approaching U.S. maritime borders. But the official added that "ships are free to operate in international waters."

The United States and its allies regularly stage naval exercises in the Gulf, saying they want to ensure freedom of navigation in the waterway through which 40 percent of the world's seaborne oil exports passes.

U.S. military facilities in the region include a base for its Fifth Fleet in the Gulf Arab kingdom of Bahrain.

Iran sees the Gulf as its own backyard and believes it has a legitimate interest in expanding its influence there.

Iranian officials have often said Iran could block the Strait of Hormuz, at the mouth of the Gulf, if it came under military attack over its disputed nuclear program, and the Western war games are seen in the region as an attempt to deter any such move.

Fars said the Iranian navy had been developing its presence in international waters since 2010, regularly launching vessels in the Indian Ocean and the Gulf of Aden to protect Iranian ships from Somali pirates operating in the area.

Yahoo!

You can bet that a US fast attack submarine is shadowing any Iranian or any other nations warships that are anywhere near US waters.

Forum List

Back