🌟 Exclusive 2024 Prime Day Deals! 🌟

Unlock unbeatable offers today. Shop here: https://amzn.to/4cEkqYs 🎁

War Mongering President, War Criminal, Blood On His Hands!

If Bush hadn't destabilized Iraq by invading and destroying it, ISIS probably wouldn't be there. Saddam would have wiped his ass with them.

Yeah, because terrorism didn't exist before Bush invaded Iraq.

Yeah, I guess 9/11 happened because Bush invaded Iraq, too!

oh, wait a minute! Oops!

:lol:

Keep trying that spin, liberals!
I'm not a liberal, go fuck yourself, moron.

With Saddam still in power, ISIS would be still only in Syria, and nobody would care. And the US army wouldn't need to go into the region.

If only this could be a simple, benign case of "I told you so."

But the costs we have already paid, and the costs we may pay in the future, make such a statement trivial and cynical.

It's not our planet, and we don't learn.

[

And Bush warned what would happen if Obama pulled out too soon.

Like the Democrats did when they shamefully pulled out of Vietnam and allowed the "Killing Fields" to happen.

The press gave the Democrats cover, just as the press is now trying to give Obama cover.

But some of us, actually pay attention to history and not liberal spin.

The Killing Fields happened in Cambodia, not Vietnam.

in fact, it was the VIETNAMESE who put an end to the genocide being committed by the Khmer Rouge.

Here was the thing. It wasn't a matter of us "pulling out too soon". The IRAQIS told us to leave. Wasn't like we could stay without an agreement with them allowing us to.

What amazes me is here is a guy who ran against the war in Iraq, and here he is repeating the same mistakes. Bush was an idiot, no doubt, but what do you call someone who sees that, and then willfully does the same damn thing?

Isis, or Isil, is not a real threat to the US. The US has no legitimate interest in getting sucked into another sand war.

Well, no, not really.

He's not committing hundreds of thousands of troops on baseless claims about weapons that don't exist.

And he's building the coalition to get it done.

Now, here's the thing. The best way to beat ISIL would be to throw in with the Iranians and Syria.

Well, we are not sending 500,000 troops into Afghanistan and Arabia under Obama so it's not the same thing.

That being said, I think that you're 100% correct that the US has no legitimate interest in another war over there; only to install yet another American hating theocrat as a figurehead that will thankus for the gallons of American blood spilled and then kindly tell us to leave...only to start the whole process of dictatorship over again.
The first and second gulf war started with bombing campaigns as well. Why wouldn't the third? I am shocked and awed by the notion "oh, it's only bombing", as if that doesn't engender hatred and loathing on the part of the targets. And then 20 years from now, some orphans from the current campaign will fly planes into buildings, or detonate nukes in an american city, and the Usians will wonder why. Lather, rinse, repeat.

The only way to stop the cycle is not to get trolled into spinning the wheel.

If Bush hadn't destabilized Iraq by invading and destroying it, ISIS probably wouldn't be there. Saddam would have wiped his ass with them.
=========
IF...., IF....., IF.....,
the British had never sent troops to the colonies, and destabilized a peaceful society there never would have been a Revolutionary war !

fucking Demorats voted for and demanded Bush take action so where is your (inclusive of ALL liberdummies on this forum) main bitch ?

=========
the British had never sent troops to the colonies, and destabilized a peaceful society there never would have been a Revolutionary war !

fucking Demorats voted for and demanded Bush take action so where is your (inclusive of ALL liberdummies on this forum) main bitch ?
Voted for on false info. But you knew that already.
PS I'm not even a liberal, you double loser.

Yep. And Iran wouldn't be so emboldened. They should have sent Bush a Thank You card.

This was all predictable. This was all predicted.

Yeah, Iran isn't "emboldened" because Obama does NOTHING about them building a bomb!

Nooooooooooooooo, it's all Bush's fault.

Keep trying libs!

The Middle East was in bad enough shape before Bush's war in Iraq. He made that situation even worse, as many of us predicted. At a cost of thousands of young American lives, limbs and minds. At a cost of a trillion dollars that we didn't have.

You can pretend that isn't true, and that's fine. You have an ideology to defend, no matter what.

=============
it saddens me terribly that "thousands of young American lives, limbs and minds" were destroyed by this war...., BUT , a trillion dollars, that don't bother me as much as Obozo Hussein borrowing 7 trillion for no fucking reason at all !!!! wellllll, he did buy all the welfare folks a cell phone, IF they were black, ooooh, and paid there rent !! :up:

=========

false info?
so the Clinton administration passed it onto him? right, ps you're not a liberal

ISIL never even attacked us!!!

You can't fight an ideology with bullets and bombs!

Obama is only making more terrorists!!

Hey, that only works when a Republican is president!

A Democrat is president, so it's different!

Right liberals????

That doesn't mean you are all proven, laughable, self-righteous, hypocrites again?????

I'm hypocritical for not wanting Obama to get us re-embroiled in the mess that is the ME? I'm hypocritical for saying that there are many nations well ahead of us on the list whose interests should compel them to deal with ISIS, not the least of which is Israel, who will by the way contribute NOTHING to the effort to defeat ISIS?

What are you accusing me of, exactly, Frank?

=========

false info?
so the Clinton administration passed it onto him? right, ps you're not a liberal
Because I was against invading Iraq for a bogus reason that makes me a liberal? Why, are conservatives bound to a strict ideology like communists? :dunno:

Your undying love of Saddam Hussein is duly noted.
That was the strategy during the cold war: install or support dictators to keep communists out of power. It kinda, sorta, worked, too. Of course, it was reprehensible, but it was during a global existential threat. Islamic extremists do not pose such a threat, and do not justify installing or deposing anyone, and certainly don't merit getting entangled for another decade in yet another ME war.

I'm not sure why I'm bothering. I said the same damn things ten years ago, but then as now Usians were intent on dealing out some hurt. The libs are lining up now because it's not Bush, and the red meat republicans never met a bombing they didn't like. Hell, even NPR was promoting the economic stimulus of increased military spending, so here we go again.

OH! Never mind!

emily-litella1.jpg

What am I talking about? A Democrat is president! It's OKAY when HE talks about war, right????

Obama lays out plan to 'eradicate cancer' of Islamic State fighters

President Obama vowed to “destroy” Islamic State in Iraq and Syria terrorists in a prime-time address Wednesday that sought to restore eroding public confidence in his leadership and ability to safeguard national security.

The president announced a “systematic campaign of airstrikes” against fighters with the ISIS “wherever they exist,” signaling U.S. targets will expand from Iraq to Syria.

I have made it clear that we will hunt down terrorists who threaten our country wherever they are,” Obama said during the 15-minute address from the White House. “That means I will not hesitate to take action against [ISIS] in Syria, as well as Iraq. This is a core principle of my presidency: If you threaten America, you will find no safe haven.”
Obama lays out plan to eradicate cancer of Islamic State fighters TheHill

Remember the good old days liberals? When a Republican was president and your messiah could shoot his mouth off about Iraq anytime he wanted?

Yeah, those were the "good old days."

Now, the shoe is on the other foot. NOW, a Democrat is president and what do you know? Terrorists DON'T love us more because a black man/muslim/Kenyan/whatever is president.

Now, Obama finally has the problem in HIS lap.

So, he TALKS tough. He draws red lines like he already did in Syria and then did . . . . NOTHING.

So, he's talking tough again. Does he still think that all he need do?

Wait and see.

Just count on HYPOCRITE LIBERALS not to call Obama a war criminal, claim he's violating the Geneva Convention (that was always a funny one) or he violating the Constitution (and when has Obama cared about the Constitution???) :lol:

Wow, expect crickets from liberals on this.

But cheer up libs. You can always rant, rave and keep on blaming Bush!

georgebushmissmeyet.jpg

Well, what a surprise. TPS didn't like the President's strategy.

Yep. And Iran wouldn't be so emboldened. They should have sent Bush a Thank You card.

This was all predictable. This was all predicted.

Predicted by whom? Who predicted that the Iraq war would lead to Assad in Syria? Who predicted that a war in Iraq would lead to ISIS coming out of Syria with American backing.

More then likely what was predicted is that if we supported terrorists in Libya and Syria the outcome would not be a good outcome.

Iran? What have they done lately?

Well, we are not sending 500,000 troops into Afghanistan and Arabia under Obama so it's not the same thing.

That being said, I think that you're 100% correct that the US has no legitimate interest in another war over there; only to install yet another American hating theocrat as a figurehead that will thankus for the gallons of American blood spilled and then kindly tell us to leave...only to start the whole process of dictatorship over again.
The first and second gulf war started with bombing campaigns as well. Why wouldn't the third? I am shocked and awed by the notion "oh, it's only bombing", as if that doesn't engender hatred and loathing on the part of the targets. And then 20 years from now, some orphans from the current campaign will fly planes into buildings, or detonate nukes in an american city, and the Usians will wonder why. Lather, rinse, repeat.

The only way to stop the cycle is not to get trolled into spinning the wheel.

The troop movements into Arabia proceeded the air campaign. Not the same thing at all. And you know this.

What amazes me is here is a guy who ran against the war in Iraq, and here he is repeating the same mistakes. Bush was an idiot, no doubt, but what do you call someone who sees that, and then willfully does the same damn thing?

Isis, or Isil, is not a real threat to the US. The US has no legitimate interest in getting sucked into another sand war.

It's the fate of most presidents.

There is an insidious force embedded within such supposedly highminded ideas like 'American Exceptionalism' that push us into these predicaments.

Yes, the American people are currently supporting the beginnings at least of this re-entanglement by about 70%.

Which, notably, and sadly, is about the same percentage of Americans who supported the escalation of Vietnam,

and the disaster of the 2003 Iraq invasion.

Notice that the OP won't say she supports the President, although secretly she does. That's the real hypocrisy in this thread.

Forum List

Back