War on Christmas

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yiWaczggDQA&feature=related]YouTube - Achmed's very special christmas special part 1/3[/ame]

Marry Christmas?

you really do love Christmas, eh? ;)
Caligirl i love the entity behind it JESUS THE CHRIST, Jesus the Christian?, Jesus the Christmas? lover of my soul.......
Im not really the mean Lion depicted in my avatar, as the WhiteLion's on the prowl for Freedom(righteous freedom)a patriot, an nothing else will do, i will not settle for less, i will fight if push comes to shove....

Patrick Henry, March 23, 1775. It is in vain, sir, to extenuate the matter. Gentlemen may cry, Peace, Peace-- but there is no peace. The war is actually begun! The next gale that sweeps from the north will bring to our ears the clash of resounding arms! Our brethren are already in the field! Why stand we here idle? What is it that gentlemen wish? What would they have? Is life so dear, or peace so sweet, as to be purchased at the price of chains and slavery? Forbid it, Almighty God! I know not what course others may take; but as for me, give me liberty or give me death!

And uh Merry Christmas

Heres a clip of Christian the Lion, true friends to the end, synonymous with Jesus the Christ the Lion of the tribe of Judah, King of Kings... [ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=adYbFQFXG0U[/ame]

Last edited:
You know, failing to greet a Christian properly is EXACTLY on par with forcing them to hide in the catacombs to avoid being tortured to death. THIS IS WAR ON FAITH, people. Stop snickering. The Christians are UNDER ATTACK. Poor Christians. They lose heart and faith if everyone doesn't embrace and support their particular religious values.

As for my family, we plan to be historically accurate and wish everyone a cool Yule. ;) Hope we don't unwittingly ruffle any sheep feathers. After all, Yule is where most of our favorite "Christmas" traditions came from, anyway. Think we'll go all out pagan this year and trim some mistletoe from the oak in the backyard. Everyone needs an excuse for profligate making out over the holidays. We'll even put up some nativity scenes in the house since all that was stolen from the Mithraics, anyway.
:cuckoo:

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2SQMXO43Hig&feature=related]YouTube - We Wish You a Merry Christmas - Christmas Music[/ame]

[you tube] v=2SQMXO43Hig&feature=related/[you tube]

Last edited:
You know, failing to greet a Christian properly is EXACTLY on par with forcing them to hide in the catacombs to avoid being tortured to death. THIS IS WAR ON FAITH, people. Stop snickering. The Christians are UNDER ATTACK. Poor Christians. They lose heart and faith if everyone doesn't embrace and support their particular religious values.

As for my family, we plan to be historically accurate and wish everyone a cool Yule. ;) Hope we don't unwittingly ruffle any sheep feathers. After all, Yule is where most of our favorite "Christmas" traditions came from, anyway. Think we'll go all out pagan this year and trim some mistletoe from the oak in the backyard. Everyone needs an excuse for profligate making out over the holidays. We'll even put up some nativity scenes in the house since all that was stolen from the Mithraics, anyway.

:lol:

yea, i tellya.. forcing christians to hide in fucking tombs and caves SURE IS JUST LIKE door greeters not saying merry xmas!

:lol:

'War on Christmas' Nonsense is a War on Secularists

By Polly Toynbee,

My thanks to the kind reader who sent me the program from this year's Christmas carol service at the Old Royal Naval College chapel in Greenwich. It was written by the Rev Jules Gomes, chaplain of the college, and of Trinity College of Music, and also of the University of Greenwich.

Here is the good chaplain's Christmas message: "More Christians have been martyred for their faith in the last century than in any other period of church history. Yesterday's Herod is today's Richard Dawkins and Polly Toynbee, seeking the total extermination of all forms of Christianity. The great irony is that the greatest opposition to Christ comes from so-called broad-minded people who seek to ban Christmas so that people of other faiths are not offended."

Yes, it is that time of year when secularists, atheists and humanists become the Grinches who stole Christmas. As an honorary associate of the National Secular Society and president of the British Humanist Association, here is my cue to offer you all a rattling good Christmas "Bah, humbug!" Except, of course, it's all utter nonsense. No one is out to ban Christmas or Christianity - not atheists nor other faiths. Yet every year the same urban myths are repeated about the banning of Christmas by some pantomime villain local authority suffering from "political correctness gone mad." King Rat Christmas wreckers are unearthed, and every year these turn out to be garbage stories, but they are stored in the attic for another airing next December.

I had at least five calls from broadcasters this year inviting me to say it would be a jolly good thing if Christmas were rebranded Winterval. That myth began years ago when Birmingham city council tried to spread the festive season across the long winter - though it never replaced Christmas, which came with official celebrations in the middle of it. But the Winterval myth lives on. This year it was joined by this: "God rest ye merry people all, Let nothing go to waste, So let us all this Decemberval, Recycle now with haste." Although written by a vicar for Warrington's Christmas recycling campaign, watch Decemberval enter anti-Christmas demonology.

Christmas opinion polls stir the same pot. Theos, the religious thinktank, found a quarter of adults and over a third of 18- to 24-year-olds couldn't say where Jesus was born. Over half didn't know John the Baptist was Jesus's cousin; over a quarter didn't know who told Mary she was pregnant; and 78% had no idea where Mary and Joseph fled to escape Herod. Even the faithful were ignorant: only 36% of regular churchgoers got all four answers right. I regard this as awful. The loss of classical mythology has made much poetry, art and literature incomprehensible to most people. The loss of Christian mythology would make most European history and painting impenetrable. Secularists do not welcome ignorance as a substitute for declining faith.

Pursuing their annual "atheists are stealing Christmas" riff, a Sunday Telegraph survey of 100 schools found only one in five had a traditional nativity play this year, which is odd considering over a third of primaries are Christian. The sad truth is that some did no play, but others did Scrooge, Arabian Nights, Hansel and Gretel, or the Snow Queen, all also cultural treasures.

British Christians yearn to be martyrs, but frankly atheists are a pretty toothless substitute for lions. In a daft parliamentary debate this month on something called Christianophobia, Mark Pritchard MP accused the politically correct of banning religion from Christmas cards and advent calendars: "Many shoppers find it increasingly difficult to purchase greetings cards that refer to Jesus." Alas, market forces are probably rather stronger than humanist plots: with only 7% of people in church of a Sunday these days, Santa and the Snowman trump the nativity.

Evangelicals started a new myth this year that postage stamps with the Madonna and child are only sold under the counter: you have to ask for them, for fear of offending Muslims and Jews. Stuff and nonsense, retorted the Post Office. But you can bet this one will run and run - along with last year's myth that 70% of offices banned Christmas decorations for multicultural reasons. Another year it was the Red Cross banning cribs.

All this would just be seasonal silliness if it were not cover for a more sinister drumbeat. The right has taken to flying the "Christian" flag in ways that suggest none too subtly that foreigners - Muslims - are stealing our culture and traditions. "They" are stopping "us" celebrating Christmas and teaching Christian stories to our children. When Terry Sanderson, president of the National Secular Society, appeared on GMTV this week, although as usual he denied any atheist plot against Christmas, the theme in about 3,000 emails afterwards was: "We are not Muslims, our culture must not be silenced to avoid offending them."

The BNP has been quick to cash in. In the Christianophobia debate in parliament, the reported case of a BNP Christmas card was raised, "which portrays the holy family on the cover and inside are the words 'Heritage, Tradition and Culture.'" Pritchard warned television firms: "The fear of violence from a particular faith group should not be grounds for hand-selecting or targeting other faith groups who may choose to protest peacefully." Fear of Muslim violence is killing off peaceful Christianity, he implies. But blaming mythical secular political correctness is usually a cover for more sinister suggestions that "our way of life" is under threat from foreigners.

Hastening to defend themselves against the charge, Trevor Phillips, chair of the Equality and Human Rights Commission, assembled imams, rabbis, Sikh and Hindu leaders to protest that they had no objection to Christmas, asserting that they sent Christmas cards, they liked cribs, and "it's a great holiday for everyone." Leave Christmas alone was the message, addressed again to the hypothetical politically correct secularists.

But we are innocent. It is the Christians who are stirring this dangerous pot, inventing non-stories, yearning for martyrdom - and worse, fermenting an outraged sense among the mainly secular population that they had better call themselves Christian because, as the BNP says, British "Heritage, Tradition and Culture" (read Kultur) are under threat from Muslims. While pretending to attack us, covertly these Christians stir resentment against immigrants.

As more faith trouble brews, it becomes ever more important not to ban religions, but to keep religion out of all functions of the state. It needs to be taught in schools, acted out in nativity plays, too, if they want - but without dangerously segregating children by their faith in sectarian religious institutions. And at last we have at least one political party leader brave enough to admit, like most people, that he doesn't believe in God.

As for secularists and humanists at Christmas, Dawkins himself told a disappointed BBC interviewer that he loves singing carols. And so do I. Not just Away in a Manger or Oh Little Town nostalgic childhood tunes, but all the enjoyably rich and strange theology of "Lo! He abhors not the Virgin's womb? Veiled in flesh the Godhead see, Hail the incarnate Deity," and other such quaint delights.

Follow the link for the entire article.

archy

Wednesday, October 22, 2008
It's that time of year
By John J. McKay
While most of us have our attention firmly riveted on the election and whatever feelings of excitement, dread, guarded hope, or please-make-it-be-over exhaustion that that might bring up, we may have temporarily forgotten the other national ritual that happens at this time of the year. I'm talking about the annual tantrum that conservative Christians throw over how horribly persecuted they are by an imaginary war on Christmas. The war as they see it has three prongs, local governments acknowledging the constitutional separation of church and state by refusing to pay for an official nativity scene, schools having "holiday" programs without overtly religious music (that constitution thingy again), and stores trying to be inclusive by using greetings like "happy holidays" or "season's greetings." In recent years, the last of those three has been the one that has most provoked their easily offended senses, leading them to proclaim widely ignored boycotts of any store that uses the offensive phrases.

The holiday whine is a tradition that dates back to, at least, 1921 when Henry Ford wrote that there was a conspiracy of Jewish department store owners trying to destroy Christmas by--you guessed it--saying "happy holidays." Forty years later, the John Birch Society was imagining a war on Christmas run by the Communists through the UN. These days, the sinister force trying to make the baby Jesus cry is godless liberals like you and me.

Rob Boston has spotted the first major whine of the season. The Rev. Donald Wildmon of the American Family Association, an organization that specializes in unsuccessful boycotts against any business that even thinks about giving a fair shake to their gay employees, is selling buttons and bumper stickers that say "It's OK To Say Merry Christmas."

The War on Christmas is big business for groups like Wildmon's. Keeping the faithful paranoid about persecution is a cash cow that keeps on giving. If Christians weren't paranoid that someone somewhere was undermining their faith and marriage, they might stop giving to people like Wildmon, Bill Donohue, and James Dobson. Then they'd have to lay off their big staffs and get a real job. We can't have them roaming the streets getting into trouble so we'd better do our best to oppress them. Besides, they are the only thing preventing total victory of our radical atheist, gay, and gay atheist agendas. So, everybody raise your right forefinger, turn toward Mt. Crumpet, and repeat after me, in your best Karloffian tones: "I must stop Christmas from coming!"

And Happy Holidays.

The Phony War on Christmas | keithboykin.com

By Keith Boykin, in politics
Wednesday, December 19 2007, 1:07PM

I got a call this morning from a producer at a TV news show asking me if I would come on to talk about Mike Huckabee's new "Christmas ad" that features the Republican presidential candidate discussing "the birth of Christ" in front of what some believe to be a Christian cross in the background. The host wanted to use the ad as a segue to discuss whether it was still acceptable to say "Merry Christmas" anymore.

Of course it's acceptable, I responded to the producer, who was actually looking for someone to go on TV and say that it's not okay to say "Merry Christmas." I'm not the right guy for that show, I explained. The producer asked if I could think of someone else who might object to "Merry Christmas" wishes, and then it occurred to me that I really couldn't. All of which led me to question the phony belief that there is some sort of liberal "war on Christmas" being plotted by left-wing activists and academics with a politically correct agenda to secularize the holiday and deprive young kids of their Nintendo Wiis.

Believe it or not, it's the conservatives who are all bent out of shape about Huckabee's Christmas ad. Some Republicans are complaining that he's portraying himself as the only real Christian in the race. That's funny, I never saw that in the ad. I think they're just jealous because they didn't think of it themselves. I'm no fan of Mike Huckabee, but he has every right to appeal to the evangelical base of the Republican Party as he seeks the GOP nomination.

The Business of Christmas
Like most Americans, I celebrate Christmas. I refuse to go into debt to buy presents for everybody under the sun, but I do observe the holiday and exchange gifts with a few people who are closest to me. Back in the 1990s, I stopped buying gifts for everybody in my family and told them not to spend all their money buying gifts for me either.

What happened every year is that I would receive some nice gifts that they really couldn't afford and then I would get the bill, so to speak. Some time around February I would get a call from the people who gave me nice gifts who wanted a loan to pay back their bills. After years of going through this routine, I made a suggestion. Instead of spending your money on buying me a Christmas gift, do me a favor and spend it paying your bills instead. I don't need a Christmas gift anyway, especially if you have to go into debt to buy it for me.

Which leads me to the real villains of Christmas. Maybe villain is too strong a word, but it's not the liberal lefties who have secularized Christmas, as the conservatives charge. Instead, it's American business that has secularized the holiday. Blame it on capitalism. Business people have used Christmas to sell everything from screwdrivers to automobiles. They market clothing, colognes, perfumes, diamonds, furs, video games, TVs, VCRs, Ipods and Lexuses specifically for Christmas holiday sales.

The markets expect consumers to buy during the holiday season. If they don't buy, then businesses fail, the economy shrinks, and Wall Street loses money. Many retailers earn a significant portion of their annual income during the 6-week holiday stretch from Thanksgiving to New Year's Day. It's no wonder, then, that businesses have tried to inch up Christmas earlier and earlier, to the point where you see garland and wreaths showing up in shopping malls right after Halloween. Our whole economic system is built, in part, on the commercialization of Christmas.

Follow the link for the entire article

Poor Christians. They lose heart and faith if everyone doesn't embrace and support their particular religious values.

Wrong again. Can you imagine how boring this world would be if we all had the same religious values? You are missing the point. Christmas is first and foremost about Christ. Sorry that the seculars don't like it or want it to be true but . . . it is. All that Santa, presents, candy canes and such come second. What Christians want to know is . . . why is it ok for the minority secular section to boot religion from Christmas but it's not ok for the majority Christian section to want it put back in? What exactly is the secular's problem with this? Really, are they afraid that religion will bonk them on the head? Are they really offended if someone says Merry Christmas to them? Are they really, truly that thinned-skinned?

Watching TV last night I saw two Target commercials and one Victoria Secrets commercial (lol, yeah with all the boobage) and all three said Christmas (rather than holiday) in it. Does the secular section find this offensive? If so, why?

I heard their presidente say he and michelle were going Christmas shopping.. :lol:

archy

Wednesday, October 22, 2008
It's that time of year
By John J. McKay
While most of us have our attention firmly riveted on the election and whatever feelings of excitement, dread, guarded hope, or please-make-it-be-over exhaustion that that might bring up, we may have temporarily forgotten the other national ritual that happens at this time of the year. I'm talking about the annual tantrum that conservative Christians throw over how horribly persecuted they are by an imaginary war on Christmas. The war as they see it has three prongs, local governments acknowledging the constitutional separation of church and state by refusing to pay for an official nativity scene, schools having "holiday" programs without overtly religious music (that constitution thingy again), and stores trying to be inclusive by using greetings like "happy holidays" or "season's greetings." In recent years, the last of those three has been the one that has most provoked their easily offended senses, leading them to proclaim widely ignored boycotts of any store that uses the offensive phrases.

The holiday whine is a tradition that dates back to, at least, 1921 when Henry Ford wrote that there was a conspiracy of Jewish department store owners trying to destroy Christmas by--you guessed it--saying "happy holidays." Forty years later, the John Birch Society was imagining a war on Christmas run by the Communists through the UN. These days, the sinister force trying to make the baby Jesus cry is godless liberals like you and me.

Rob Boston has spotted the first major whine of the season. The Rev. Donald Wildmon of the American Family Association, an organization that specializes in unsuccessful boycotts against any business that even thinks about giving a fair shake to their gay employees, is selling buttons and bumper stickers that say "It's OK To Say Merry Christmas."

The War on Christmas is big business for groups like Wildmon's. Keeping the faithful paranoid about persecution is a cash cow that keeps on giving. If Christians weren't paranoid that someone somewhere was undermining their faith and marriage, they might stop giving to people like Wildmon, Bill Donohue, and James Dobson. Then they'd have to lay off their big staffs and get a real job. We can't have them roaming the streets getting into trouble so we'd better do our best to oppress them. Besides, they are the only thing preventing total victory of our radical atheist, gay, and gay atheist agendas. So, everybody raise your right forefinger, turn toward Mt. Crumpet, and repeat after me, in your best Karloffian tones: "I must stop Christmas from coming!"

And Happy Holidays.

Would you be offended if a Nativity float was included in a Christmas parade?

doubt it.. As if Obama's slow enough to let dogma junkies crucify him over something as trivial.. Anyone wanna bet what the Obama family Xmas Card says?

doubt it.. As if Obama's slow enough to let dogma junkies crucify him over something as trivial.. Anyone wanna bet what the Obama family Xmas Card says?

I KNOW!!!!!!!

Obama dressed up in a Santa suit, standing on the roof of the White House, saying "Time for change motha fuckers", while holding a bottle of Ripple and a piece of fried chicken.

I mean shit......the conservatives have called him everything from the Anti-Christ to the Messiah.....why not Father Christmas?

Would you be offended if a Nativity float was included in a Christmas parade?

Your question tells me you're not getting it. For the 1,000th time, it has nothing to do with being offended by Christmas.

Yes. It will say:

Happy Holidays! This is also a notice, we will be moving to a new home on Jan. 8th, please make a note of our new address:

The White House
1600 Pennsylvania Avenue NW
Washington, DC 20500

Forum List

Back