War on Solstice

happy Soltice ! Don't let anyone tell you
Merry Xmas . It's the solstice !!!
Timmy, As a CHRISTIAN who doesn't celebrate Saturnalia/Christmas, I totally understand and agree. This was a festival the Catholic Church borrowed from the pagan festival of Saturnalia.

But I allow everyone to have their pagan holiday without getting into it. Sometimes it's just better to let people have THEIR day.

Still, Christ said, "in vain do they worship me, teaching as doctrine, the commandments of MEN."

Christmas is one of those Catholic doctrines. The Protestants borrowed that pagan doctrine from their mother church.

Timmy, As a CHRISTIAN who doesn't celebrate Saturnalia/Christmas, I totally understand and agree. This was a festival the Catholic Church borrowed from the pagan festival of Saturnalia.

But I allow everyone to have their pagan holiday without getting into it. Sometimes it's just better to let people have THEIR day.

Still, Christ said, "in vain do they worship me, teaching as doctrine, the commandments of MEN."

Christmas is one of those Catholic doctrines. The Protestants borrowed that pagan doctrine from their mother church.
Are you a JW?

How in GOD'S name are you going to stop people from saying MERRY CHRISTMAS?

Merry Christmas
God is the reason for the season
Christ died for you
Joy to the World the SAVIOR REIGNS

Look at the war on Chanukkah!

Are you a JW?
No, but there are lots of Christian groups that don't celebrate that day. Funny thing though, I do side with those who say there is a war on Christmas. To me it's a war BY the God haters against those who at least recognize their Creator. So I side with them in this battle.

I personally don't care what people celebrate that is their life...I myself like all forms of holidays and celebrations...

Today is Solstice Season's Greetings day.

Tomorrow will start the Merry Xmas season.

Now THAT I can handle.

Except don't call it XMAS if you're preaching inclusiveness, you asshole. It is a not-too clever backhand to Christians, and we all know it.

So if you don't want us to crap on your solstice, you should try harder not to crap on our Christmas.

Christmas.

Not XMAS. Not XTIANS.

We are CHRISTIANS who celebrate CHRISTMAS.

Your ignorance has been noted.

xmas_800x800.jpg

Χριστός means “Christ.”

But the history of the word “Xmas” is actually more respectable — and fascinating — than you might suspect. First of all, the abbreviation predates by centuries its use in gaudy advertisements. It was first used in the mid 1500s. X is the Greek letter “chi,” the initial letter in the word Χριστός. And here’s the kicker: Χριστός means “Christ.” X has been an acceptable representation of the word “Christ” for hundreds of years. This device is known as a Christogram. The mas in Xmas is the Old English word for “mass.” (The thought-provoking etymology of “mass” can be found here.) In the same vein, the dignified terms Xpian and Xtian have been used in place of the word “Christian.”
The “X” in “Xmas” — Learn the sacred, 1,000-year-old meaning of the “X” | Dictionary.com Blog

Yes it's a Greek letter and yes it is used in the depiction of the word Christ, though it is only part of it...

But when atheists who are bitching about Christians use it, it is an insult, and it truly is the way they like to remove the ENGLISH word *Christ* from the holiday, when they're doing things like pretending that Christmas is actually just a bastardized pagan celebration.

It's one of those slimy things that secularists, atheists and pagans like to do. They think they're being clever.

Forum List

Back