War With Syria: Yea Or Nay?

Do You Support War With Syria?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Russian are being neutered at this moment. Navy is pulling out and port being closed. All Russians leaving Syria. Two jet loads already left. Two supply ships turned around and returning home. Russians have informed Syria that all contracts and agreements for re-supply and further weapons and munition deliverys are null and void. USA forces Russia to back down and vacate the area. The black guy in the White House don't bluff and he don't get bluffed. Russia neutered.

Are you talking about the neutered Russia that has at least three new Borei class nuclear submarines operational; possessing a next-gen nuclear reactor that is almost noiseless, can navigate autonomously for three months, carries up to 20 solid fuel ICBMs' able to overcome any prospective missle defense system? :cuckoo:

Yes, same Russia, with whistles and bells. Never been a question of Russia's ability to lob nukes at us. It's called mutual destuction and it was what the cold war was all about. Yesterday these threads were full of warnings about Russia and the start of WWIII. Lots about the incompetent President and the red line. Well, Russia is no longer a threat in reqards to Syria. They quit and are fleeing the area. They are not ready to face the USA. They want nothing to do with a red line. Some people here are just so obsessed with hate that they can not bring themselves to celebrate an American victory. They refuse to recognize a game changing event because of their obsession.

What American victory are you talking about?

If someone says yes they better explain themselves.

I say maybe and for the following reasons.

The entire world has agreed that the use of chemical weapons is forbidden. The US really screwed the pooch during the Iraq/Iran war and this is the result. If this gets a pass, more and more chemical weapons will be used. They are cheap and very effective. They also leave a really big mess.

That posted, the President should follow the Constitution on this one.

He should wait until the UN inspections are done. If they show that Chemical Weapons were used, he should come up with a plan for limited action with very specific goals and definable benchmarks.

Once done, he should go to congress and present the case for war..allow robust debate and abide by their decision.

Perhaps. Let's be real here. There is no such thing as a "limited' response.
We were in Korea for a decade. Vietnam for 15 years. Iraq for 10. Afghanistan..still there.
I was never in support of going to Iraq with anything other than the intent of eliminating Saddam Hussein. That man was a mortal threat to the stability of the entire Middle East. He had to go. Unfortunately, we Americans have this obsession with 'nation building, 'regime change' or 'spreading democracy'.
Wars should only be fought where a nation's safety or existence is threatened or its vital national economic or security interests are under attack.
I think Syria is a 'no touch' for the US. Let them solve their own problems. If the threat of conflict spilling over Syria's borders is a threat to its neighbors, let them handle it.
We can no longer afford the cost of American lives nor can we afford the economic and fiscal damage caused by military conflict under these circumstances.
BTW, we should get out of Afghanistan as soon as possible.

Russian are being neutered at this moment. Navy is pulling out and port being closed. All Russians leaving Syria. Two jet loads already left. Two supply ships turned around and returning home. Russians have informed Syria that all contracts and agreements for re-supply and further weapons and munition deliverys are null and void. USA forces Russia to back down and vacate the area. The black guy in the White House don't bluff and he don't get bluffed. Russia neutered.

Are you talking about the neutered Russia that has at least three new Borei class nuclear submarines operational; possessing a next-gen nuclear reactor that is almost noiseless, can navigate autonomously for three months, carries up to 20 solid fuel ICBMs' able to overcome any prospective missle defense system? :cuckoo:

Yes, same Russia, with whistles and bells. Never been a question of Russia's ability to lob nukes at us. It's called mutual destuction and it was what the cold war was all about. Yesterday these threads were full of warnings about Russia and the start of WWIII. Lots about the incompetent President and the red line. Well, Russia is no longer a threat in reqards to Syria. They quit and are fleeing the area. They are not ready to face the USA. They want nothing to do with a red line. Some people here are just so obsessed with hate that they can not bring themselves to celebrate an American victory. They refuse to recognize a game changing event because of their obsession.

The term is "mutually assured destruction".

apparently, the operative word being apparently, obama has already tipped his hand in that he does not intend to do anything that will really effect the outcome of the regime in situ....strategically and barely tactically.....we have basically told everyone what our self imposed limitations are.

I don't have an issue with obama exercising his exec. prerogative, until such time as the war powers act limitations kick in. BUT, telegraphing what appears to be a plan that will not alter the the balance of power or military picture strategically, etc.....I don't see the point.

apparently, the operative word being apparently, obama has already tipped his hand in that he does not intend to do anything that will really effect the outcome of the regime in situ....strategically and barely tactically.....we have basically told everyone what our self imposed limitations are.

I don't have an issue with obama exercising his exec. prerogative, until such time as the war powers act limitations kick in. BUT, telegraphing what appears to be a plan that will not alter the the balance of power or military picture strategically, etc.....I don't see the point.
Why telegraph your plan to those you are going to attack? I never got the gist of that from the left, and they do it every time.

Why telegraph your plan to those you are going to attack? I never got the gist of that from the left, and they do it every time.

beats me. looking back Powell advertised the plan to take down Saddams army in gulf war 1, I know we had a huge preponderance of force etc. but still......I don't get it.

beats me. looking back Powell advertised the plan to take down Saddams army in gulf war 1, I know we had a huge preponderance of force etc. but still......I don't get it.

Frankly? I think it's diversion away from his domestic problems (IRS, Benghazi, NSA, ad nauseum), by pretending to be tough when this is the second time the 'red line' has been crossed. Recovering his creds perhaps?

Not hearing enough from the 'Anti-War Left.' They need to be more active and vocal. Their credibility is on the line.

Last edited:
Looks like it's going to happen. But it's still worth checking out what USMB thinks.

I think this is WWIII.

There's Russians in that country, and there are Russian troops nearby ready to defend.

This whole thing is a lie. There's no reason Assad would choose to use chemical weapons, no reason.

Fucking asshole gov't are going to get us all in deep shit.

Looks like it's going to happen. But it's still worth checking out what USMB thinks.

I think this is WWIII.

There's Russians in that country, and there are Russian troops nearby ready to defend.

This whole thing is a lie. There's no reason Assad would choose to use chemical weapons, no reason.

Yeah i agree. It's another sad scam. There is nothing to gain for Assad in using Chemical Weapons. It's a No-Win for him. He's not stupid. He's an educated man. The whole thing stinks.

I think this is WWIII.

Just symantics I know...but WW IV. III was the Cold War...and surprise? The Russians involved as well. ;)

Not hearing enough from the 'Anti-War Left.' They need to be more active and vocal. Their credibility is on the line.
Yes it is. Many voted for him when he said he'd get us out of the region...what has he done? Set it on fire. Little did they know?

wag the dog...
That's the way I see it.
He's going to get us in a mess in which we may not recover...and setting the whole world aflame.

I need a reminder, haven't we already been down this road when liberals were bitching back 10 years ago?
Yep. But this one is OK...it's their side doing it. And yes they do need some reflection time...to ask WHY they voted for the guy in the first place.

He promised to get us OUT of the region...he's setting it on fire.

I think this is WWIII.

Just symantics I know...but WW IV. III was the Cold War...and surprise? The Russians involved as well. ;)

and what won the cold war ? Money...

I think this is WWIII.

Yep. We outspent the Russkies...they couldn't keep up. Afghanistan was their death knell IMHO.

That's the way I see it.
He's going to get us in a mess in which we may not recover...and setting the whole world aflame.

I need a reminder, haven't we already been down this road when liberals were bitching back 10 years ago?
Yep. But this one is OK...it's their side doing it. And yes they do need some reflection time...to ask WHY they voted for the guy in the first place.

He promised to get us OUT of the region...he's setting it on fire.

I cannot see how any obama supporter can support this idiot.

Yep. We outspent the Russkies...they couldn't keep up. Afghanistan was their death knell IMHO.

well my gracious friends have provided me with the info I've been asking for and it's getting quite clear that this one is all about the dollar too and more precisely about how our dollar fares in juxtaposition with Iran and oil. We can't very well attack Iran with Syria sitting on Israel's northern flank. That's why Assad has to go. It's a dirty business.

Forum List

Back