Was America too slow to free the slaves or is the record pretty good given the plant's history?

And yet northern farms didn't feel the need to import slaves. But that is an overview...from the 21st century yet. I have tried to put myself into 18th and 19th century atm

The difference was -- early tractor and powered equipment was available for Northern crops, but tobacco, sugar, rice and cotton did not lend themselves to machines. In fact, some of them still don't have complete "machine solutions" today.

The North also was pluggin along with the "indentured servitude" and tenant farming system that covered the early history of this country.. But they were mainly white deported criminals and deadbeats that were sent into what anyone would call slavery today.. If they weren't white.

Didn't stop the abuse of Chinese workers either later after the Civil War. You'll find a lot of horrific practices that we all regret today...

thats your fault,,,,

You have no sense of humor do you?

Sure, it's my fault! I wasn't born wealthy.

Since the vast majority of Americans have huge debt to the banks, sound like it's more the fault of the economic system, not of individuals.

But I guess you believe that the vast majority of Americans are unproductive and lazy, right? That's why we have such a low GDP, right?
It is strictly the fault of individuals

No one made you or anyone else go into debt.

Once again. Pure Bullshit!

Unless your born into a very wealthy family the only alternative to massive debt is absolute poverty.

But reality never phased you, did it?
Bullshit. I wasn't born into a wealthy family and I never got caught up in massive debt or lived in poverty.

And nobody forced you to take out an auto loan to try to keep up with the Jones'.

So you never took out any student loans, mortgages or car loans?

No credit cards?
I have in fact had two car loans and one credit card which I used for one year and then paid off and got rid of.

I did none of these things because I has to I CHOSE to and not because of poverty

Choosing to enter into debt is something many avoid and live better as a result.

No one is forced to. No one is required to do so and it is always the individuals responsibility.

Was America too slow to free the slaves or is the record pretty good given the plant's history? Does the evil of slavery taint our county more or less than others?

The banks own my house, the banks own my car, the banks own me!

Yes, I would say that America is far too slow to free me!

I owe, I owe...it's off to work I go...
thats your fault,,,,

Since the vast majority of Americans have huge debt to the banks, sound like it's more the fault of the economic system, not of individuals.

But I guess you believe that the vast majority of Americans are unproductive and lazy, right? That's why we have such a low GDP, right?

Unless your born into a very wealthy family the only alternative to massive debt is absolute poverty.

Not true. James and I are debt free. That may change as we age and rack up some hospital bills. We've always taken the road less travelled and bought only if we have money to purchase it without going into debt.
It's not an easy way, but it has its rewards.

I've seen too many people fuck up their lives with credit card and other debt to ever want to live that way.

The banks own my house, the banks own my car, the banks own me!

Yes, I would say that America is far too slow to free me!

I owe, I owe...it's off to work I go...
thats your fault,,,,

Not true. James and I are debt free. That may change as we age and rack up some hospital bills. We've always taken the road less travelled and bought only if we have money to purchase it without going into debt.

I've seen too many people fuck up their lives with credit card and other debt to ever want to live that way.
It is not as less traveled as you think.

A large and growing number if people are doing the same thing so many in fact that in some cases local and state governments have gotten involved.

After the recession and the housing market collapse many sought ways of living debt free which in turn spawned whole new industries such as tiny house builders.

People loved these things because they were comfortable yet cheap and often designed to be partly off grid with no electicity hook ups. They would often have solar panels and batteries or some other alternate power source like a wind mill.

The point was not even to be green but to avoid debt. Too many people got burned and decided it was better to live as free of debt as possible. In some areas the utility companies succeeded in getting local government to ban such houses because too many people were no longer buying electricity.

Obviously this was ridiculous cronyism and should never have been allowed. The point is no one has to live in debt and you are responsible for your debts big or small.

Was America too slow to free the slaves

America never freed any slaves. It only changed them in form, position and appearance while altering the form the slavery itself takes to be much subtler and acceptable.
Revisionist tripe

No, asshole. YOU are the slave now, and its working because YOU DON'T EVEN REALIZE IT! :auiqs.jpg:

If I were a slave, my owner would have to beat me bald-headed cuz I'm too lazy to work and most especially for free.

Everyone would watch me getting dragged off to be beat and say Look! There goes that stupid bitch getting another beating!

thats your fault,,,,

It is not as less traveled as you think.

A large and growing number if people are doing the same thing so many in fact that in some cases local and state governments have gotten involved.

After the recession and the housing market collapse many sought ways of living debt free which in turn spawned whole new industries such as tiny house builders.

People loved these things because they were comfortable yet cheap and often designed to be partly off grid with no electicity hook ups. They would often have solar panels and batteries or some other alternate power source like a wind mill.

The point was not even to be green but to avoid debt. Too many people got burned and decided it was better to live as free of debt as possible. In some areas the utility companies succeeded in getting local government to ban such houses because too many people were no longer buying electricity.

Obviously this was ridiculous cronyism and should never have been allowed. The point is no one has to live in debt and you are responsible for your debts big or small.
here is nothing debt free about tiny houses, and most of them are jus dumb

America should have freed its slaves by 1805. Most of the civilized world did so by then.

But cotton became king at that time and there was a fortune to be made. Free labor made it possible for more profit to be made

Was America too slow to free the slaves or is the record pretty good given the plant's history? Does the evil of slavery taint our county more or less than others?

We freed black slaves...Democrats insist that we have these new slaves called wetbacks. Democrats love slaves.
Republicans make money off of those wetbacks

We freed black slaves...Democrats insist that we have these new slaves called wetbacks. Democrats love slaves.
Republicans make money off of those wetbacks
but most of them are in democrat states like california,,,so its really dems that profit off hem dumbass

America should have freed its slaves by 1805. Most of the civilized world did so by then.

But cotton became king at that time and there was a fortune to be made. Free labor made it possible for more profit to be made
doesnt matter since it ended 150 yrs ago

try keeping up would ya

try keeping up would ya
You are a moron
Read the OP

try keeping up would ya
You are a moron
Read the OP
if it has stained anything it would be the democrat party since it was them that owned slaves not republicans

try keeping up would ya
You are a moron
Read the OP
if it has stained anything it would be the democrat party since it was them that owned slaves not republicans
Wrong again Skippy

The Democratic Party was formed 30 years prior to the Civil war
Slavery was entrenched in the south 200 years prior to the forming of the Democratic Party

Forum List

Back