Was America too slow to free the slaves or is the record pretty good given the plant's history?

America should have freed its slaves by 1805. Most of the civilized world did so by then.

But cotton became king at that time and there was a fortune to be made. Free labor made it possible for more profit to be made
doesnt matter since it ended 150 yrs ago

try keeping up would ya
You are a moron
Read the OP
if it has stained anything it would be the democrat party since it was them that owned slaves not republicans
Wrong again Skippy

The Democratic Party was formed 30 years prior to the Civil war
Slavery was entrenched in the south 200 years prior to the forming of the Democratic Party

but the southerners became the democrat party, so like I said only dempocrats owned and wanted slaves,,,

nice deflection though

America should have freed its slaves by 1805. Most of the civilized world did so by then.

But cotton became king at that time and there was a fortune to be made. Free labor made it possible for more profit to be made
1808 was the official date. States have no authority over entry into the Union since then and all natural born Persons in the US accrue natural rights.

try keeping up would ya
You are a moron
Read the OP
if it has stained anything it would be the democrat party since it was them that owned slaves not republicans
Wrong again Skippy

Slavery was entrenched in the south 200 years prior to the forming of the Democratic Party

but the southerners became the democrat party, so like I said only dempocrats owned and wanted slaves,,,

nice deflection though
Their slave based economy was well established before the Dems came around

They were also primarily Baptist. Does that make Baptist’s the religion of slavery?

1808 was the official date. States have no authority over entry into the Union since then and all natural born Persons in the US accrue natural rights.

We were ready to abandon slavery by then. Most of the world did at that time.

But then came the cotton gin and opening vast lands to the west for cotton farming

try keeping up would ya
You are a moron
Read the OP
Wrong again Skippy

nice deflection though

They were also primarily Baptist. Does that make Baptist’s the religion of slavery?

but all those that owned slaves became the democrats

to date not a single republican ever owned slaves,,,so that stain is on he democrat party and no one else

You are a moron
Read the OP
Wrong again Skippy

nice deflection though

to date not a single republican ever owned slaves,,,so that stain is on he democrat party and no one else
Now they are Republican

Had nothing to do with the economic institution of slavery

You are a moron
Read the OP
Wrong again Skippy

nice deflection though

Many Republicans owned slaves including Ulysses S Grant

Wrong again Skippy

nice deflection though

Now they are Republican

name me 2 that switched to republicans???

Wrong again Skippy

nice deflection though

grant was a democrat when he owned slaves ,,and they were from his wifes inheritance and he freed them

nice try though

Wrong again Skippy

nice deflection though

wrong he was a democrat then

We were ready to abandon slavery by then. Most of the world did at that time.

But then came the cotton gin and opening vast lands to the west for cotton farming
It should have been handled via Eminent Domain; an public policy constitutes an public Use.

I do in fact have a clue

Great. Tell us all what you think I meant and I'll tell you if you are even close to being right.
Asked and answerd.

Nothing asked of the boob and certainly everything "answerd." :auiqs.jpg: :auiqs.jpg: :auiqs.jpg:
You being the boob yes

I did clearly explain what you said and proved you a fool now run along bitch

I see the Trump-crazy goon squad is out in full force again, now deciding for themselves what they clearly said and proved as always, while never doing neither.

I do in fact have a clue

Great. Tell us all what you think I meant and I'll tell you if you are even close to being right.
Asked and answerd.

Nothing asked of the boob and certainly everything "answerd." :auiqs.jpg: :auiqs.jpg: :auiqs.jpg:
You being the boob yes

I did clearly explain what you said and proved you a fool now run along bitch

I see the Trump-crazy goon squad is out in full force again, now deciding for themselves what they clearly said and proved as always, while never doing neither.
News flash moron just because someone proves you wrong and stupid does not make them a trump supporter.

Second of all I decided nothing, reality proves you to be an uneducated jackass whinyot owned.

Deal with it bitch

Wrong again Skippy

nice deflection though

Now they are Republican

The voters switched

Wrong again Skippy

nice deflection though

Now you are making shit up

nice deflection though

Now they are Republican

The voters switched
BULLSHIT!!!

PROVE IT

nice deflection though

Now you are making shit up
NO,,,YOU ARE MAKING STUFF UP

even if I give you grant that still means only one,,,unless you can name another

Was America too slow to free the slaves or is the record pretty good given the plant's history? Does the evil of slavery taint our county more or less than others?

The U.S. banned imports of slaves within 10 years or so of its founding, reached its maximum territorial viability and limits by 1840 or so, and was on its way out by 1850. Our history as a slave nation is very brief relative to the rest of the planet, and any reading of history shows it to be less brutal than others as well. Slaves were better off than the majority of 'free' laborers throughout the first half of the 19th century, though their rights were less than they were in the 17th and 18th century under Dutch and other European countries' colonies.

It should also be noted than when the U.S. offered to send some freed slaves back to Africa, they immediately set themselves up as slave owning plantation owners themselves. Blacks weren't opposed to slavery per se, just their own personal enslavement; they were just fine with owning them themselves, as the records of property assessments of places like New Orleans show; free blacks that could afford slaves had them.

Was America too slow to free the slaves or is the record pretty good given the plant's history? Does the evil of slavery taint our county more or less than others?
Well we had to fight the White Christian Southern Conservatives in order to free anyone.

lol you never 'fought' to free anybody, and never will; you just like sniveling about southerners for no reason other than you think it makes you look good or something, like the other idiot Democrats here pretending to have morals and principles. you fool no one.

Forum List

Back