Was just at K-mart and the cashier lady asked me if I wanted a Kmart card..

Yup. Heard that on the news this afternoon.

Sears has been in trouble for a while and filed for bankruptcy.

Hope they can turn things around as Sears has been in business for quite some time.

Yup. Heard that on the news this afternoon.

Sears has been in trouble for a while and filed for bankruptcy.

Hope they can turn things around as Sears has been in business for quite some time.

Yep.
They refused to keep up with the rest of the retail giants by offering internet sales in a comprehensive manner.

They were an American institution,I mean who doesnt remember the days of the Sears catalog and being able to buy a gun by mail order?

While the Craftsmen pocket knife was not the best knife around that LIFETIME WARRANTY made up for a lot...

They were an American institution,I mean who doesnt remember the days of the Sears catalog and being able to buy a gun by mail order?

While the Craftsmen pocket knife was not the best knife around that LIFETIME WARRANTY made up for a lot...

That and the lifetime warranty on hand tools.
Which I believe they ended years ago.

The beginning of the end was when they killed their catalog business years ago. Had they kept it, they could have easily transitioned to online sales.

They did? It's been like 20 years since I took a Craftsman tool back, that's how good it was ( the one I took back was my grand father's half inch ratchet I broke and that he bought it in the 1960s)

I recall one of the best days of the year was when the Sears & Roebuck Christmas catalogue arrived in the mail. Otherwise known as "the wish book". As Archie and Edith sang, those were the days.

My brother bought a Sears branded Vespa scooter from them.

I gave up on Sears in 1981 when I tried to buy something and was told they didn't accept Visa nor Master Card. They had come up with the Discovery Card and I left without buying, responding to the clerk that I sure didn't need another credit card.

The beginning of the end was when they killed their catalog business years ago. Had they kept it, they could have easily transitioned to online sales.

Man I remember as a kid sitting on the living room floor and looking through that huge catalogue with my sister. So many pictures with just about anything anyone would want to buy.

They could have easily transitioned to online sale. No doubt about that.

I always maintained the actual demise started pre-interweb when they (Sears) started their diversification and failed to maintain core business (Sears Retail) and went into Real Estate, Hotels, etc...

Sears to Acquire Coldwell, Banker Real Estate Firm

They did? It's been like 20 years since I took a Craftsman tool back, that's how good it was ( the one I took back was my grand father's half inch ratchet I broke and that he bought it in the 1960s)

"Today’s updated version of this warranty, which took effect in 2014, seems to have lost a little bit of its “unlimited” status, noting that the tool must be returned to the store “from which it was purchased.” The new policy also gives stores the option to decide how they want to accept the return, which may mean being “subject to a limitation on the number of items allowed per exchange.”

I miss the Sears catalog.

Living in a rural area as I do.

The outhouse still works but no internet out there.

Besides, did you ever try to wipe your ass with a monitor?

Or even a mouse?

Even one that might have been alive at some point?

"Today’s updated version of this warranty, which took effect in 2014, seems to have lost a little bit of its “unlimited” status, noting that the tool must be returned to the store “from which it was purchased.” The new policy also gives stores the option to decide how they want to accept the return, which may mean being “subject to a limitation on the number of items allowed per exchange.”

:eusa_snooty: :eusa_wall:

That reminds me on a warranty I had to pay extra at Walmart a few years ago, it broke and I tried to take it back to another store, I am like don't you fuckers have computers now, look it up.

I gave up and told the lady to shove it .

That reminds me on a warranty I had to pay extra at Walmart a few years ago, it broke and I tried to take it back to another store, I am like don't you fuckers have computers now, look it up.

I gave up and told the lady to shove it .

I rarely pay for the extended warranty unless it's an item thats more than a couple thousand.
It just isnt worth it.
I do however pay for the extended warranty on things like laptops that are delicate and are used daily in and around the house.
I've lost more than one laptop due to spilled drinks or a dunking in the pool.

Forum List

Back