Was lesbian waitress left a tip?

Sunni Man

Diamond Member
Aug 14, 2008
Patriotic American Muslim
A New Jersey waitress and former Marine says she was “offended” after a customer left an anti-gay note on a check in place of a tip because she is a lesbian.

Dayna Morales, a server at Gallop Asian Bistro in Bridgewater, N.J., said a family dining at the restaurant Wednesday night skipped the tip on their $93.55 bill and scribbled an explanation why.

“It says, ‘I’m sorry but I cannot tip because I do not agree with your lifestyle and how you live your life,’” Morales told ABC News station WABC-TV Thursday.

Morales, who has been waiting tables on and off for 10 years, said she never told the family she was gay when she introduced herself.

“Normal introduction, ‘My name is Dayna. I’ll be taking care of you.’ Right away the mom looked at me and said, ‘I thought you were going to say your name was Dan,’” Morales said.

After she served the family their meal without further incident, she discovered the note on the bill. Morales sent a picture of the receipt to the “Have a Gay Day” Facebook page, where it has since elicited more than 2,000 comments.

“I was rather offended, mad,” Morales said of the incident. “I didn’t know how to react to that. I never thought that would ever happen.”

NJ Diner Leaves Anti-Gay ?Tip? for Lesbian Waitress - ABC News

She's obviously a lesbian, but if she provided good service, she should have been rewarded with a tip. Christians can be such cheapskates. Who gives a fuck if she is gay? It has no bearing on how she does her job!

A New Jersey waitress and former Marine says she was “offended” after a customer left an anti-gay note on a check in place of a tip because she is a lesbian.

Dayna Morales, a server at Gallop Asian Bistro in Bridgewater, N.J., said a family dining at the restaurant Wednesday night skipped the tip on their $93.55 bill and scribbled an explanation why.

“It says, ‘I’m sorry but I cannot tip because I do not agree with your lifestyle and how you live your life,’” Morales told ABC News station WABC-TV Thursday.

Morales, who has been waiting tables on and off for 10 years, said she never told the family she was gay when she introduced herself.

“Normal introduction, ‘My name is Dayna. I’ll be taking care of you.’ Right away the mom looked at me and said, ‘I thought you were going to say your name was Dan,’” Morales said.

After she served the family their meal without further incident, she discovered the note on the bill. Morales sent a picture of the receipt to the “Have a Gay Day” Facebook page, where it has since elicited more than 2,000 comments.

“I was rather offended, mad,” Morales said of the incident. “I didn’t know how to react to that. I never thought that would ever happen.”

NJ Diner Leaves Anti-Gay ?Tip? for Lesbian Waitress - ABC News

thats seriously *ucked up:doubt:

She's obviously a lesbian, but if she provided good service, she should have been rewarded with a tip. Christians can be such cheapskates. Who gives a fuck if she is gay? It has no bearing on how she does her job!

Christians can be such cheapskates.

:eusa_eh:

This is not the first time a waitress or waiter has been refused a tip because of their sexuality. There was another case a few weeks or months ago, if I recall...

The woman could have handled it differently.

A couple of years ago I went to a nice restaurant and the waiter who came to serve me was an obvious effeminate homo.

I just ask for the manager.

When he came to my table I requested to be served by another waiter.

The manager didn't ask why.....and immediately sent over another waiter.

The normal waiter was efficient and received a nice gratuity. .. :cool:

A couple of years ago I went to a nice restaurant and the waiter who came to serve me was an obvious effeminate homo.

really you are that fucking judge fucking mental? really? people are such assholes....and you sunni somedays are just the leader of the roids

This is not the first time a waitress or waiter has been refused a tip because of their sexuality. There was another case a few weeks or months ago, if I recall...

This one smells as bad as the last one. Generally when one claims they have been harassed we found out later they made it all up for publicity.

Oh, well, if its happened twice then by all means, all Christians should be condemned.

:cuckoo:

As a Black male Conservative, I strongly object to such behavior exhibited by the diners featured in the OP.

But, I would defend their right to say whatever they wish. Even though what they said was rude as hell.

Glad the manager accommodated you Sunni, but I wonder if you would have been offended if the manager asked you to leave because of your faith.
Or the waiter refused to give you service.

People are asshole. World is full of them. The bad outweigh the good from my experience.

I'm just shaking my head at the idiocy of it all.

Last edited:
As a Black male Conservative, I strongly object to such behavior exhibited by the diners featured in the OP.

But, I would defend their right to say whatever they wish. Even though what they said was rude as hell.

Great, because it's always important to get the black male conservative POV.

:eusa_clap:

And he was probably the gay one and they all laughed at you afterwards.

really you are that fucking judge fucking mental? really? people are such assholes....and you sunni somedays are just the leader of the roids

Shh...they probably spit in his food too. :D

What makes her obviously a lesbian, other than your bias?

How do you know they didn't leave a tip in cash, and that she didn't write the note herself?

She looks like a gal that likes short haircuts. If I could get away with it, I would too. But it makes me look horrible. Soon as the bitch said "I thought your name would be Dan", I would have requested with management to switch servers at the table. Then again, she is more disiplined than I am. She was a marine. Bravo to her. And I don't give a damn if she is straight or gay. She didn't deserve that judgemental note. I hope the whole clan comes down with a bad case of shingles or something.

Damn. I feel a grumpy 'tude coming on. Idiot people tend to make me get in that mode. Maybe I should take a nap. :lol:

Forum List

Back