Was MLK, Jr. A Republican?

Here's from wikipedia (so it's probably incorrect):

Actually, the Negro has been betrayed by both the Republican and the Democratic party. The Democrats have betrayed him by capitulating to the whims and caprices of the Southern Dixiecrats. The Republicans have betrayed him by capitulating to the blatant hypocrisy of reactionary right wing northern Republicans. And this coalition of southern Dixiecrats and right wing reactionary northern Republicans defeats every bill and every move towards liberal legislation in the area of civil rights.

Also, there's this: 1 In 4 Americans Thinks The Sun Goes Around The Earth, Survey Says : The Two-Way : NPR

Yes. He was. At the time the democrats were dominated by the very racist Dixiecrats.

what difference does it make?

and what new job howey? you keep running from this question....

"Avelda King the niece of Martin Luther King Jr. wrote an amazing article, "A Covenant With Life: Reclaiming MLK's Legacy".

This is the most articulate piece I could find to substantiate the claim that Martin Luther King was a Republican. She claims her grandfather, Dr. martin Luther King, Sr. or "Daddy King", was a Republican and her father was a Republican. "

https://answers.yahoo.com/question/index?qid=20080827033031AA3iTc4

They all were then. Democrats were setting dogs and firehouses on black children. George Wallace was a democrat. Bull Connor was a democrat.

Who cares which party Dr. King belonged to? Do you Conservatives still want to try to claim to be the party of Lincoln? You Teabaggers have spent the past 6 years doing all that you can (which really wasn't that much when you think about it, which you won't) to stop America's first black President from doing anything meaningful. Of course you failed but that still hasn't stopped you.

You Conservatives hate this black "Kenyan Muslim Marxist Boi" President so much that you even cheer for Russia against your own President and country.

They all were then. Democrats were setting dogs and firehouses on black children. George Wallace was a democrat. Bull Connor was a democrat.
But YET they've CARED about blacks since before the Civil War and after. They're PHONIES.

COOL! It's been a while since I saw a round of MLK tug-of-war...

Here's from wikipedia (so it's probably incorrect):

Actually, the Negro has been betrayed by both the Republican and the Democratic party. The Democrats have betrayed him by capitulating to the whims and caprices of the Southern Dixiecrats. The Republicans have betrayed him by capitulating to the blatant hypocrisy of reactionary right wing northern Republicans. And this coalition of southern Dixiecrats and right wing reactionary northern Republicans defeats every bill and every move towards liberal legislation in the area of civil rights.

Also, there's this: 1 In 4 Americans Thinks The Sun Goes Around The Earth, Survey Says : The Two-Way : NPR
. Obama voters, no doubt.

It's a common refrain from brain dead right wingers on here. Unfortunately, the folks who awarded Obama with the Lie Of the Year, and King's biographers, say you're wrong.

No, Martin Luther King was not a Republican | PolitiFact

Get REAL...Politifact is LEFTIST...like YOU...NO BUY HERE.

Try Again.:eusa_hand:

So you admit they were wrong about Obama's lie of the year?
. The lie was so egregious even left leaning liberal rags couldn't cover Obama.

what? so you're talking about my personal information. interesting.

And you have not done that to others? :lol:

Keep this up, and see.

i've never done so mr. i voted for obama but i'm a republican

i'm not surprised at all you immediately took howey's side

fakey
We have somebody like that at another web forum I no longer post at. Claims to be a conservative and defends the leftist posters there and rarely sides with conservative posters. Maybe it's the same person, I'm just guessing.

Moderation Message:

Stay on topic.. Settle the issue fair and square (and once and for all) !
No flame exchanges in Zone2 threads. You're all pros at including relevant
content...

flacaltenn

Forum List

Back