Wasabi

Looks like we'll be eating Sunday.
Stayed up to late drinking. The Wife is going to HEB and get the shrimp and Tuna today.
The Wife took out the Wagyu and said it doesn't look good through the vac packing,I need to look at it myself.
It has been in the freezer for six months. If it's no go I'll have the Wife pick up a filet mignon and a ribeye.
I'm gonna be pissed if it's bad,but I have no one to blame but myself.

The shortages are real!!!
The Wife went to get some tuna and tried two stores.
And nothing....
She's going to get up in the morning and drive 20 miles to another HEB where my buddy said they had plenty.
This is the first time we couldnt get Tuna at our local HEB's.

4 oz. root for $50 bucks
yer a diehard....
Cant wait to show up at my favorite cajun joint order some fresh oysters and whip out my root..
and then post for bail on the USMB? :dev3:
The real deal is raised in Japan and the animals are pampered like children.
The best grade is A5 Wagyu as it has the best fat dispersal as in thin veins of fat running throughout the steak.
marbleized iirc, had a job on a wagyu farm on my turf, lotta high end cow-tech going on....

~S~

yer a diehard....

and then post for bail on the USMB? :dev3:

marbleized iirc, had a job on a wagyu farm on my turf, lotta high end cow-tech going on....

~S~

I know we raise some Wagyu here in the states as well as in Australia.
They dont compare to the Japanese Wagyu but it's still pretty damn good.

No after shots because of time constraints,between getting the Wasabi ground and the two minute cook time for the Wagyu it was all about the eating.
While there is a difference between the real and fake Wasabi I was a little disappointed over all. The real Wasabi had a cleaner taste and despite the claims that real Wasabi wasn't that hot I found it was every bit as hot as the fake stuff.
Will I do it again? Yeah probably,it's not like we eat Wagyu and Ahi Tuna on a regular basis. And the next time I'll just get 2oz. of Wasabi rather than 4oz.
We used about a quarter of the 4oz so it looks like we'll be eating a bit more Sushi this week.

4341FD5F-F849-4677-875D-FBAE652A67A5.jpeg

74700958-E303-4A1A-94B6-EA7D54F4D6EC.jpeg

This was the smallest piece.

If I have been eating fake Wasabi all of these years, and I am not fond of it, I am not feeling the thrill of hunting down the real deal.

I'm pretty adventurous. Going where no Man-da has gone before and all that.

This is news to me. Very informative guys. I’m doing some research as I eat sushi all the time and heap the green stuff on. Never occurred to me to ask but the shades of green seem to be pretty wide ranging now that I think about it.

In Japan, people don't heap on the wasabi like a lot of people here do. You might not like it because you are using too much. That ruins the intended balance of flavors. Also, in Japan a little wasabi may be mixed in with a small plate of soy sauce for dipping (upside down, please), but usually for sashimi rather than sushi.

Forum List

Back