Washing machines/dryers prices up 17% under Trump (thank you, tariffs)

Funny. Selling us products really cheaply is illegal now. The right sure is stupid.
You're kinda slow...or really don't give a crap if China commits Copyright Law violations that have cost this nation Billions, huh?

People will pay more for foreign made washers and dryers, leaving less money for other things. The economy will suffer.
I guess putting loyalty to America over buying cheaply made $hit from our enemy China who has taken advantage of and cheated this country is too tough for snowflakes.

China has illegally ripped off everything the US has made costing the US BILLIONS...but as long as you can save $40 on that new washing machine you're 'fat, dumb, and happy'.
Funny. Selling us products really cheaply is illegal now. The right sure is stupid.
I want jobs for Americans, not non-Americans.
I know, you’re a Liberal.
Nuff said.
But you fully support the rich who sent the jobs there in the first place. This is too funny!
Not at all; I blame both parties for selling their souls to the rich.

People will pay more for foreign made washers and dryers, leaving less money for other things. The economy will suffer.
I guess putting loyalty to America over buying cheaply made $hit from our enemy China who has taken advantage of and cheated this country is too tough for snowflakes.

China has illegally ripped off everything the US has made costing the US BILLIONS...but as long as you can save $40 on that new washing machine you're 'fat, dumb, and happy'.
I want jobs for Americans, not non-Americans.
I know, you’re a Liberal.
Nuff said.
But you fully support the rich who sent the jobs there in the first place. This is too funny!
Straw man alert. Spinning alert...

The tariffs are a small fraction of Trump's booming economy.
In what way is it booming? 2.2% first quarter growth isn’t booming to me. Stocks are down. Wages stagnant. Labor force participation low...

In what way is it booming? 2.2% first quarter growth isn’t booming to me. Stocks are down. Wages stagnant. Labor force participation low...

The projection are for 4.4% for the next quarter.

Beats the hell out of that dismal economic growth we saw from that worthless Obama piece of incompetent shit.

Beats the hell out of that dismal economic growth we saw from that worthless Obama piece of incompetent shit.
That would be nice, but still not that impressive ytd. And stocks are still down, wages still stagnant, labor force participation still low...

Well let me ask you this..........

If the company you bought your car from, was taking money from the executive board, to subsidize the cost of the car they sell you..... so that now you can buy that car for $1,000 less.....

Would you be saying "Am I supposed to continue dealing with subsidized cars?"

No, you would not. You being able to buy a product at a lower price is not..... a burden to you.

When the government of China..... taxes the people of China...... to sell us steel at a lower price.... this isn't a burden to us.

How do we compete? Well.... pretty easily. We take the cheap steel, and make products with it.

Which will make us more competitive? You tell me..... paying super high prices on steel with tariffs, that force us to charge higher prices for our products? Or paying low prices on steel subsidized by Chinese tax payers, and sell products at lower prices?

Obviously we will be more competitive, if we can get the materials to produce goods at a lower price.

Remember, we have been competitive in the world, with imported goods, for over 5 decades now.

We have not been in a 5 decade long depression. We have done really well. We're still the largest economy in the world, by a wide margin.
sad you don't understand. see when someone loses a job they go on some form of welfare. you think that's free? :auiqs.jpg:can't make this shit up. Tariff until there is fair trade. Period. otherwise, you pay more taxes.
Tariffs have always led to job loss.
bullshit. those are stories told to produce fear. never happens. just doesn't.

It always happens.

Tariffs Kills Jobs | Dean Russell

Sent from my iPhone using USMessageBoard.com
Must be why we are experiencing record employment.

Yes, because Trump has not yet implemented his additional tariffs.

The projections for last quarter were higher than that...and came in at 2.2

What companies are importing items with copyright violations?
HOLY CRAP...you ARE that stupid.

Follow along with me...if mentally possible....

China illegally violates the crap out of copyright law, making a fortune off of stolen technology / products / etc... while costing US artists, inventors, and companies BILLIONS ... who in turn passes those losses on to the American consumer.

'American firms lost nearly $48 billion in 2009 due to Chinese violations of U.S. intellectual property, new data show. Improving IP rights protection in China could have a sizable effect on the U.S. economy and jobs.'

- What Chinese IP Violations Cost the U.S.

Even if you (the company / copyright owner 'wins' a lawsuit, you 'LOSE':

How much is that patent lawsuit going to cost you?

...but thank GOD you can save $50 on that new washing machine.

:rolleyes:

China illegally violates the crap out of copyright law, making a fortune off of stolen technology / products / etc... while costing US artists, inventors, and companies BILLIONS ... who in turn passes those losses on to the American consumer.

'American firms lost nearly $48 billion in 2009 due to Chinese violations of U.S. intellectual property, new data show. Improving IP rights protection in China could have a sizable effect on the U.S. economy and jobs.'

These tariffs are going to do what for that?

Hopefully spur production in the US.

And that will stop China from violating?

And that will stop China from violating?
If we don’t send them specifications?
Yeah!

Forum List

Back