🌟 Exclusive 2024 Prime Day Deals! 🌟

Unlock unbeatable offers today. Shop here: https://amzn.to/4cEkqYs 🎁

Washington is divided because it has abandoned federalism

If you listened to Democrats over the last 10 years even. Everytime they spoke they called us a Democracy...Just something I noticed, don't know if anyone did
================================

yupp!! i have noticed, and tried my damnedest to inform the low information posters here the United States of America IS a REPUBLIC..., but driving that point home is like penetrating a one inch thick steel plate with a wet noodle. :D

American liberfools NOT people !

your brush is too wide bro !

Bullshit. Conservatives are just as quick to use the government to do their bidding as liberals are. Anyone who denies that is part of the problem, not the solution.

dear the Constitution specifies representatives and many other things to define our govt. Get it now? That's why we have what is called a constitutional democracy.
how sad, the liberal disagrees but cant say why, and, it doesn't occur to him that if he cant say why it is becuase he is wrong.

Typical conservative reactionary nonsense.
– more Americans enjoy greater freedom now then at any time in this Nation's history;

actually America income and jobs are declining thanks to massive liberal interference in the economy
Those who work pay 70% in taxes, regulations inflations etc to Washington. That is not free by any means.

The govt our Founders established was 1% the size of todays on an inflation adjusted per capita basis!

Bullshit. Conservatives are just as quick to use the government to do their bidding as liberals are. Anyone who denies that is part of the problem, not the solution.

I may be part of the problem then. The only example that comes to mind is Republicans wanting to use the government in the abortion dispute and, to me, it follows that if a fetus is a person then it deserves to be under government protection with respect to murder, just like living people.

The rhetoric I hear from conservatives is to reduce the size of government - they don't want the Education Department, the EPA, etc.

The liberal use of government involves compliance with liberal ideology. Other than abortion issues, what do you have in mind as a particularly conservative aspect of forced compliance?

I suppose it just coincidence that conservatives are the ones who voted against stimulus, obamacare and shut down the govt, and introduced 30 Balanced Bbudget Amendments, and are the ones who sign Grover's pledge. See why we are 100% positive a liberal will be slow?

Washington is divided because we have two parties that are so far apart that any kind of compromise is out of the question. The end result is nothing gets done and the country stagnates as the result of the world catches up and passes us by. Now consider that a majority of Americans aren't that far left or that far right. It's like taxation without representation for a majority of Americans.

Washington is divided because we have two parties that are so far apart that any kind of compromise is out of the question. The end result is nothing gets done and the country stagnates as the result of the world catches up and passes us by. Now consider that a majority of Americans aren't that far left or that far right. It's like taxation without representation for a majority of Americans.

From where I stand, doing nothing is preferable to doing the wrong thing. For instance, I'd rather do nothing on Immigration Reform forever than grant Amnesty to 20-50 million future welfare-supportive future Democrats.

From where I stand, doing nothing is preferable to doing the wrong thing. For instance, I'd rather do nothing on Immigration Reform forever than grant Amnesty to 20-50 million future welfare-supportive future Democrats.

Senators and Congressmen/women aren't elected to do nothing. Though I agree with you regarding amnesty, we have a lot of problems in this country that need to be addressed. Doing nothing doesn't make a problem go away.

Senators and Congressmen/women aren't elected to do nothing. Though I agree with you regarding amnesty, we have a lot of problems in this country that need to be addressed. Doing nothing doesn't make a problem go away.

Indeed, doing nothing doesn't make a problem go away. My point is that sometimes it's preferable to live with a problem rather than implement a wrong solution.

Washington is divided because the GOP is 90% white and America elected a black president.

Glad I was able to clear that up.

And it did what for you, exactly?

(I guess you don't read your own posts)

Only one as moronic and perpetually mundane as you could not decipher when a point is being made with substance and style. If you had a modicum of a funny bone, you would have understood why I wrote what I did, in the precise way that I did.

Don't you have better things to do with your life than stalk people with their posts?

Only one as moronic and perpetually mundane as you could not decipher when a point is being made with substance and style.

If you ever do so, I'll be sure to let you know. In the meantime, stop trying so hard.

probably no going back.. that's why we have a tyrant Federal government now

SNIP:
BY PHILIP KLEIN | AUGUST 14, 2014 | 6:00 PM

TOPICS: CONGRESS SENATE LIBERALISM FEDERALISM FEDERALIST PAPERS

It may sound pedestrian to point out, but it’s critical to restate why it’s so important that our nation is called the United States of America, and not simply America.

The full name emphasizes that the Founders viewed the nation not as one monolithic entity but as a union of sovereign entities delegating limited powers to a central government.“
The basic constitutional architecture still remains, and it's frustrating for those who want to augment the role of the federal government in people's lives.
”

To preserve this balance, the Founders put a number of checks in the U.S. Constitution, most notably creating the Senate, which allows for equal membership from every state, thus preventing states with larger populations from running roughshod over the interests of smaller ones.

The concept of federalism has eroded substantially since the nation’s founding, in no small part due to those who appropriated the concept to defend the brutal institution of slavery and injustice of racial segregation.

Yet the basic constitutional architecture still remains, and it's frustrating for those who want to augment the role of the federal government in people’s lives.

This month, the issue bubbled up again after the Economist ran a chart demonstrating how much more liberal major U.S. cities were relative to the national average.

Jonathan Cohn, a liberal policy writer at the New Republic, wrote that the chart was “a reminder of a fundamental problem with our democracy, one that’s baked into the constitutional order. I’m talking, of course, about the United States Senate, where the apportionment of two seats for each state can give rural states disproportionate power — power that comes at the expense of urban states, the ones with lots of the left-leaning cities.”

He went on to note that the power of smaller states in the Senate “puts liberalism at a political disadvantage.”

ALL of it here:
Washington is divided because it has abandoned federalism | WashingtonExaminer.com

It's unfortunate that Stephanie is so ignorant of the history of our nation and the diverse opinions expressed during that hot summer in Philadelphia in 1787, In my never ending effort to educate the ignorant I offer this link:

The Constitutional Convention of 1787 in Philadelphia

plutocracy?? when we have 50 states with their own govts? 500 hundred elected office holders in Congress and 2 other branches of Federal govt?? Care to think again?

Each government is lead by individuals elected by the people. The people, for the most part, vote based on sound bites and thus ignorance. The sound bites are bought and paid for by the Plutocrats (the Koch Brothers are but one example) who buy our so called representatives.

We are a democratic republic. This is clear to anyone who thinks, those who listen to and believe the propaganda of the Plutocrats believe otherwise.

The sound bites are bought and paid for by the Plutocrats (the Koch Brothers are but one example) who buy our so called representatives.

dear, The Koch brothers are Republicans, Obama is a Democrat and the Senate is Democrat. Does that indicate that the plutocrat Koch brothers determine what happens? See why we say slow? Is any other conclusion possible?

Washington is divided because the GOP is 90% white and America elected a black president.

Glad I was able to clear that up.

as if America wasn't divided before it had a half black president and wont be divided after he is gone!
Liberals love to hate America and accuse it of racism. No surprise they spied for Stalin and gave him the bomb!

Forum List

Back