🌟 Exclusive 2024 Prime Day Deals! 🌟

Unlock unbeatable offers today. Shop here: https://amzn.to/4cEkqYs 🎁

Washington is divided because it has abandoned federalism

Washington is divided because the American people have decided that the federal government has to do everything for them.

probably no going back.. that's why we have a tyrant Federal government now

Typical conservative reactionary nonsense.

There is no 'back' to return to, the United States is now and has always been a Constitutional Republic, as intended by the Framers, where it was the intent of the people that the Constitution, its case law, Federal law, and the rulings of Federal courts be supreme, clearly indicated in Article VI of the Federal Constitution (see: Cooper v. Aaron (1958)).

And the notion of 'Federal tyranny' is ignorant demagoguery – more Americans enjoy greater freedom now then at any time in this Nation's history; and the best America is yet to come as all Americans will soon realize their comprehensive civil rights.

The only threat to our civil rights and individual liberty is fearful, reactionary conservatives seeking to return America to an idealized past that never actually existed to begin with, a past that was far from 'ideal' for African-Americans, women, and gay Americans.

There is no 'going back,' and thankfully so.

Washington is divided because the American people have decided that the federal government has to do everything for them.

Did the American people have a referendum that said that the Senate should investigate steroids in professional sports? I saw where Eric Holder is going to Missouri to assess the situation (more or less) with the riots...at best it should be a State issue.

I understand that every one of these people were elected by the American people but there seems to be a desire by the federal office holders to intervene where there is no logical place for them.

What do we do about this?

Again, I think that we need to add voice to the Constitution where it is silent. It seems to be the only thing that remotely works.

I understand, no grounds on which to disagree! See why we say a liberal will be slow?

Too funny:)

Kid you are telling me Franklin didn't know what we were when they formed our republic?

If you think I am a Lib sweetie YOU are the "slow" one.

Blame the 17th Amendment.

And blame the 17th Amendment on piss poor governance by the states.

Typical conservative reactionary nonsense.

There is no 'back' to return to, the United States is now and has always been a Constitutional Republic, as intended by the Framers, where it was the intent of the people that the Constitution, its case law, Federal law, and the rulings of Federal courts be supreme, clearly indicated in Article VI of the Federal Constitution (see: Cooper v. Aaron (1958)).

And the notion of 'Federal tyranny' is ignorant demagoguery – more Americans enjoy greater freedom now then at any time in this Nation's history; and the best America is yet to come as all Americans will soon realize their comprehensive civil rights.

The only threat to our civil rights and individual liberty is fearful, reactionary conservatives seeking to return America to an idealized past that never actually existed to begin with, a past that was far from 'ideal' for African-Americans, women, and gay Americans.

There is no 'going back,' and thankfully so.

so? that's keeping to the topic of the thread eh?
You and your post are the typical nasty liberal/progressive/COMMIE?

This has nothing to with the op but since it does mention Washington thought I would mention the ESPN Monday night football announcers just called Washington the Redskins.

– more Americans enjoy greater freedom now then at any time in this Nation's history;.

of course thats impossible with so much liberalism. The govt today is bigger than ever. At the time of our founding the govt was 1% the size of todays on an inflation adjusted per capita basis. With govt stealing 75% of your money and cutting economic growth cut by 70% we are not free, let alone enjoying greater freedom than at any time.

Jefferson:
The democracy will cease to exist when you take away from those who are willing to work and give to those who would not.

-The natural progress of things is for liberty to yield and government to gain ground.

Welcome to your first lesson in American History!!

Did the American people have a referendum that said that the Senate should investigate steroids in professional sports? I saw where Eric Holder is going to Missouri to assess the situation (more or less) with the riots...at best it should be a State issue.

I understand that every one of these people were elected by the American people but there seems to be a desire by the federal office holders to intervene where there is no logical place for them.

What do we do about this?

Again, I think that we need to add voice to the Constitution where it is silent. It seems to be the only thing that remotely works.

When you start giving them a mandate to fix this problem for you and fix that problem for you they begin to take it upon themselves to "fix" everything for us whether we ask or not. The way we stop it is to not elect people like that in the first place and certainly not reelect those that do, but since over 90% of incumbents get reelected you can forget about it ever changing.

The sharing of powers between state and federal government has been eroding rapidly since the 1960's. Founders would be appalled by the abuse of federal power by liberals.

Did the American people have a referendum that said that the Senate should investigate steroids in professional sports?
I won't get into it but a long time ago Congress handed Baseball an exemption from the Antitrust Laws so they felt the need and authority to investigate steroids..

The sharing of powers between state and federal government has been eroding rapidly since the 1960's. Founders would be appalled by the abuse of federal power by liberals.

Yep, and I think it's been wiped out completely with this administration unless the states and the people start standing up to it.
don't know were it's headed, doesn't look good

The notion that the nation is divided because various factions disagree on particulars of governance is laughable. The divisions in America are far more serious - we're divided by religion, or lack of religion, we're especially divided by value systems - liberals and conservatives have two vastly different visions of what constitutes the good life.

The culture divide is far deeper and far more foundational than a divide which focuses on how to manage the affairs of the people.

When you start giving them a mandate to fix this problem for you and fix that problem for you they begin to take it upon themselves to "fix" everything for us whether we ask or not. The way we stop it is to not elect people like that in the first place and certainly not reelect those that do, but since over 90% of incumbents get reelected you can forget about it ever changing.

I agree.

Both the liberals and conservatives re-elect those who they perceive as looking out for their best interests. As it always has been.

Again, in the past those who were elected were gracious in victory, complementary of their vanquished opponents, and realized that their job wasn't to forward the agenda of a National Party....it was to make America a stronger country. The silence of the Constitution was fine because the elected officials realized their responsibility. Today, that isnt the case so we need to give the document a voice that instructs the elected officials since they cannot self-direct.

The notion that the nation is divided because various factions disagree on particulars of governance is laughable. The divisions in America are far more serious - we're divided by religion, or lack of religion, we're especially divided by value systems - liberals and conservatives have two vastly different visions of what constitutes the good life.

The culture divide is far deeper and far more foundational than a divide which focuses on how to manage the affairs of the people.

you didn't read the article did you?
doesn't matter

Forum List

Back