Washington Post audio of Trump berating and threatening Georgia Secretary of State for not "finding" votes to change election result. Sedition?

23 off topic posts deleted AFTER warning to get back on topic. Several infractions and thread bans given. I suggest you get back on topic.
Who are you threatening?
No threats. Multiple posters who know who they are. If you have been on topic, you don’t need to worry.
I don't take this place seriously at all. If you delete my posts, I simply don't give a hoot.There are lots of other discussion forums.

President Trump urged fellow Republican Brad Raffensperger, the Georgia secretary of state, to “find” enough votes to overturn his defeat in an extraordinary one-hour phone call Saturday that election experts said raised legal questions.

The Washington Post obtained a recording of the conversation in which Trump alternately berated Raffensperger, tried to flatter him, begged him to act and threatened him with vague criminal consequences if the secretary of state refused to pursue his false claims, at one point warning that Raffensperger was taking “a big risk.”

Throughout the call, Raffensperger and his office’s general counsel rejected Trump’s assertions, explaining that the president is relying on debunked conspiracy theories and that President-elect Joe Biden’s 11,779-vote victory in Georgia was fair and accurate.

Trump is engaging of sedition and overturning the will of the people through fraud.

Trump should be arrested for sedition for attempting to overthrow the newly elected government of the United States of America.

Everything Trump touches dies.

Is American democracy next?

What an ass you are. All he did was ask if they could find those votes. Sedition my ass you idiot.

You are good for a laugh though. Lets see how you like Biden as POTUS when he implements the list of things he wants to do. Hope you enjoy because no other Americans will. Dumbass.
"All he did was ask if they could find those votes."

... or face the risk of committing a criminal offense.

LMAO. You are so full of shit. But then you're a Dem who thinks nothing of a stolen election.

You will regret your Biden vote and it won't take long. Carry on shit master.

Still defending the indefensible. I recall during the impeachment, you said "Let the voters decide", and the voters decided. Now you refuse to accept the will of the people, and falsely claim the election was "stolen". Not yet it hasn't been, and it won't be tomorrow either.

The only ones trying to steal the election are Donald Trump, and the Jim Crow Caucus.
Ah. Yes. Of course. The Jim Crow Caucus.
For 4 years the democratic party referred to Trump as illegitimate. That was OK.

But the Jim Crow Caucus!

Got it.

Damn skippy it was OK, because he was an illegitimate President. The people voted for Hillary. She won 3 million votes. Trump won with the help of foreign interference, and dirty tricks co-ordinated with Roger Stone and WikiLeaks. He cheated - bigly.

But he was President. He was given the opportunity to run the country, and he ran it into debt, disease and death. He tore up your trade deals, your strategic alliances, and your defence treaties, and left you with what?

Last week, while you were all distracted with Trump's banana republic shennanigans, and covid, China signed the largest trade deal in world history with the European Union. Xi couldn't ask for a better US President for China than Donald Trump.
We don’t elect a President by the national popular vote in America, you blithering KKKanuck idiot.

Where did I claim that you did? As soon as you bring up my citizenship, I know you're losing your mind and you have nothing.

Trump lost the first election by 3 million votes. This time he lost by 7 million votes. And since he was stupid enough to announce his intention to litigate his loss, the states all made sure their election were run right to the letter of the law, thereby shooting Trump's whole "stolen election" argument right in the foot.

There was no voter suppression this time. Poll watchers from both parties in every polling station, and counting room - all certified the counts and the results. So stop with the bullshit FuckBoi.
Where did I claim that you did?

see below where you said Trump was illegitimate because Hitlery had more popular votes.

Are you senile as well as being a lying sack of KKKanuck shit?

“Damn skippy it was OK, because he was an illegitimate President. The people voted for Hillary. She won 3 million votes.“

No I said he was illegitimate because he had help from the Russians and Wikileaks.
No, you clearly said he was illegitimate because Hitlery got more popular votes.

I quoted you, you lying sack of KKKanuck shit.

The best I can do in understanding Trump and his supporters is to recall the embrace of "alternate facts." If the number of people actually attending a rally are not what Trump wants … change the picture literally to show a bigger crowd. If a hurricane is not going where he wants it to go, literally change the picture showing its path. I don't understand that. I mean if the doctor tells me I have cancer or that my blood sugar is out of whack, then I have to deal with those facts.

And this is the thing I find strange about Trumpsters. I get him. He is an easy read. He's a charlatan, pure and simple. What I don't get is that so many people either believe him outright or give him such a free pass on such obvious lies.
“Charlatans” don’t say common sense things like we need to be building our own technology and pharmaceuticals again, instead of allowing China to make 99% of them.

They also don’t stand up to the Washington Establishment and refuse warmongers paid by Defense contractors.

The “charlatans” are the ones pushing all that crap. The Bushes, the Clintons, Obama, and the Bidens of Washington.

LOLOL.. Maybe Trump doesn't know the difference between China and Germany. Check EVERYTHING Trump says.. He's stupendously ignorant.
For four years you all have been claiming he is “stupid” or a “liar”, yet can never seem to give examples of his lies or where he is wrong.

His list of lies would wrap around the WH a thousand times, you are just in denial.

View attachment 437350
The Democrats are the racists. That is why black children are stuck in substandard schools. They keep Blacks down so they can use them. That is why the disputed votes come from counties with a lot of Black votes. All so they can play the race card.

History in this country shows that Black Americans do BETTER under Democrats than Republicans.
Then why are you still whining about reparations and burning and looting?

What is reparations? What is the criteria for reparations?

Did you whine when Pres. Reagan gave reparations to Japanese-Americans? I'll answer it for you. Hell no.

Did you whine when others were given reparations? Hell no. You don't want to talk about reparations for black folks because of the hundreds of years of injustice that black folks suffered in this country.

The reason why they don't want reparations to black people is because they use the reparations garbage to frighten stupid people into not voting for a black person or a democratic politician.

It's a simple as that.

It's one of their "boogie man" issues they use to get stupid people to vote against their nation and best interest and vote for a republican.

It's much like their "the democrats are going to take your weapons!" scare tactic ploy they use all the time.
Ummm...Beto literally said he wanted to take guns? Biden literally said he believes America is systemically racist.

It is.
No it isn't. Stop being such a victim.

When you are black for a few years I will listen to you.
Cry me a river. I am a Jew. My oldest had a swastika painted on her school locker last year. I don't the country systemically antisemitic.

Didn't the Jews receive reparations for the Holocaust?
Yup...they call it Israel.
Israel is our ancient homeland.

Alot of Jews don't live in Israel.
A lot is two words and a lot do. It is still our ancient homeland. If a Native American moves to France, is America not his native homeland still? Durrrr.....

What does any of that have to do with didn't Jews receive reparations.
Because Israel does not equate to reparations. It wasn't given to us, we took it back. Read Exodus and educate yourself. Jews don't whine, we work together and succeed. We are a much more significant minority than blacks in America.

Jews don't whine?????? Jews INVENTED whining. Admittedly, you've been treated like shit throughout history, and if this is what it means to be "God's chosen people", I'm grateful I was born Christian, but the whiniest people I know are Jewish. You've raised it to an art form, as practiced by every Jewish comedian since the dawn of time.
Jews INVENTED whining.

All you need to see from this antisemite.
Half my family was never born due to the Holocaust

Yet I never blamed todays German citizens, nationals or immigrants.

I have been told by leaders of our country that I owe the black community reparations for what my ancestors did to their ancestors. My ancestors? They were dying in Germany at the time. My ancestors had nothing to do with slavery. They were treated just as poorly as slaves by the Germans.

But I am the whiner?

Do people really know what they are saying?

Got it.
Thank you.

My grandfather on my dad's side died in the Battle of Stalingrad while my dad was still in my grandmothers stomach. She, my dad and his older sister are all that are left of that side of the family. On my mom's side, my grandmother and her brother were all that were left after the Nazis killed 20+ members of her family. I never once blamed the German people for it. Don't want reparations. I am proud of my heritage. Our peoples struggles and our will to survive and thrive.

If that is whining then so be it.
We have a similar background and a similar view of it.

I hate what my ancestors went through but I was lucky to not have to experience it. SO I am strong for it, not hateful for it and in no way do I whine about it.
100%

This is why Jews thrive. We help one another. We don't kill one another at record rates and then blame racism for it.

Actually the world helped you after the Holocaust, after slavery black folks moved into Jim Crow segregation, more racism and more discrimination. So trying to equate the plight of Jewish people to black folks in America is a disgrace.

Garbage. Jews paid for all the weapons they used in 1948. Nobody sent troops to help them.
They paid for much of the land in Israel they occupy. Blacks could move North to get away from Jim Crow but they just stayed. Whites passed the civil rights laws to help them.

Looks like this could help out Perdue and Loeffler win in Georgia after all. We all know the fix is in at this point. Good for President Trump calling out the Georgia Secretary of State.
Calling him out for what? Don't you have that backwards?

Seems to me Trump rattled off some 25k votes there....hmmmm
On nothing more than a hunch. Sorry, in the real world, hunches aren't evidence. "I have a hunch j-mac likes to run naked through malls and likes to participate in bondage". Using Trump's standard of evidence I'm right on both counts. Not only am I right, but it's up to you to prove me wrong, otherwise I am right.

See how ridiculous he is sounding now?

How would you know what his “standard of evidence” is?

President Trump urged fellow Republican Brad Raffensperger, the Georgia secretary of state, to “find” enough votes to overturn his defeat in an extraordinary one-hour phone call Saturday that election experts said raised legal questions.

The Washington Post obtained a recording of the conversation in which Trump alternately berated Raffensperger, tried to flatter him, begged him to act and threatened him with vague criminal consequences if the secretary of state refused to pursue his false claims, at one point warning that Raffensperger was taking “a big risk.”

Throughout the call, Raffensperger and his office’s general counsel rejected Trump’s assertions, explaining that the president is relying on debunked conspiracy theories and that President-elect Joe Biden’s 11,779-vote victory in Georgia was fair and accurate.

Trump is talking about sedition and overturning the will of the people through fraud.

Trump should be arrested for sedition for attempting to overthrow the newly elected governement of the United States of America.
sounds just like your Russian Collusion bullshit
In other words, you think that this kind of behavior is acceptable, yes? If Biden pulled a shit stunt like this, you would want his balls on a platter.
You have to put America's rightwing into the proper perspective. These are the same freaks who defended Trump when he tossed paper towels to flood victims.

And Democrat liberals who cheered when Pelosi ripped up a STOU speech on camera, and held back aid to suffering American's in this pandemic because she didn't want to give a win to Trump.....You fucking hacks have NO STANDING to call anyone anything!

Pelosi didn't "hold back aid". She passed two bills giving more aid to suffering Americans, and Mitch McConnell wouldn't even take them up, much less negotiate with the House on these deals.

As for ripping up Trump's "STOU" speech, well how terrible!!! How many Americans died because of this egrious action? SHE DISRESPECTED TRUMP!!!!! OH THE HUMANITY!!!!

In other words, how dare we call Trump on his illegal actions, many of which have caused thousands of innocent Americans to die, millions to fall into poverty, and the economy to be destroyed.

Hey, I’m with ya on aid...I think we should be getting more. So does the President btw.
what law did Trump break?

Everything he''s done to "overturn" the results of the election. The Attorney General of Georgia is looking at filing charges today.

So, it’s ok for a Democrat to challenge an election, but not for a republican?

Trump is engaging of sedition and overturning the will of the people through fraud.

Trump should be arrested for sedition for attempting to overthrow the newly elected government of the United States of America.

Everything Trump touches dies.

Is American democracy next?
america isnt a democracy you stupid fuck,,,
Dumbfuck, Georgia is a democracy and Impeached Trump threatened Georgia's Secretary of State with "vague criminal consequences" to "find" enough votes to overturn the will of Georgia's voters.
Funny how none of you libtards can quote the threat.
LOL

Nah, what's funny is that you're a raging imbecile.

"I think you’re going to find that they are shredding ballots because they have to get rid of the ballots because the ballots are unsigned. The ballots are corrupt, and they’re brand new, and they don’t have seals, and there’s a whole thing with the ballots. But the ballots are corrupt. And you are going to find that they are — which is totally illegal — it is more illegal for you than it is for them because, you know, what they did and you’re not reporting it. That’s a criminal, that’s a criminal offense. And you can’t let that happen. That’s a big risk to you and to Ryan, your lawyer. And that’s a big risk." ~ Impeached Trump
Cool.

Where is the threat, Dumbass?
"That’s a big risk to you and to Ryan, your lawyer." ~ Impeached Trump
Cool.

Where it the threat by EXONERATED TRUMP?
Dumbfuck, that's a threat of "vague criminal consequences." It's not my problem you lack the required intelligence to comprehend that.
It is?

You have quite the imagination.
It is. Telling someone they're at "risk" of committing a "criminal offense," which could result in incarceration, is absolutely a threat of "vague criminal consequences." But don't fret, I don't expect someone of your vacuity to understand that. Just go resume your utopia of snacking on paint chips dipped in mercury.

Isn’t there a law in GA that states if the challenger comes up with enough votes to overturn, the SOS has to investigate? Seems to me Trump rattled off some 25k votes there....hmmmm
I don't know if there's any such law and I note you posted no such law. Regardless, even if there is, Georgia already investigated all of his claims of fraud and determined they were bullshit and nowhere near enough to overturn their election. You can see for yourself here...

Good, then you’ll have no problem posting GBI’s final report then....You’ll excuse me if I don’t trust Raffenspuke as far as I can throw him.

impeached for what?????!!!!
Trump knows he won the real vote. That's why Democrats on this board want him impeached.
Trump knows that he is facing criminal and civil jeopardy th e second that he becomes a private citizen . Thyat is why he is so pathetically despaate to cling to power. I am loving the spectical!
He won't face any charges after being pardoned.

Who's going to pardon him - Pence after he quits a day early? Joe Biden?? Himself??? (doubtful legal). But even if he were to get away with pardoning himself, the state of New York is gonna be on his fatass like a cheap suit ;-)

Won‘t it be great to go down the road of imprisoning our political opponents?
That's Trump's idea...

Rhetoric doesn’t impress me...Did he prosecute her?

Trump is talking about sedition and overturning the will of the people through fraud.

Trump should be arrested for sedition for attempting to overthrow the newly elected governement of the United States of America.
In other words, you think that this kind of behavior is acceptable, yes? If Biden pulled a shit stunt like this, you would want his balls on a platter.
You have to put America's rightwing into the proper perspective. These are the same freaks who defended Trump when he tossed paper towels to flood victims.

And Democrat liberals who cheered when Pelosi ripped up a STOU speech on camera, and held back aid to suffering American's in this pandemic because she didn't want to give a win to Trump.....You fucking hacks have NO STANDING to call anyone anything!

Pelosi didn't "hold back aid". She passed two bills giving more aid to suffering Americans, and Mitch McConnell wouldn't even take them up, much less negotiate with the House on these deals.

As for ripping up Trump's "STOU" speech, well how terrible!!! How many Americans died because of this egrious action? SHE DISRESPECTED TRUMP!!!!! OH THE HUMANITY!!!!

In other words, how dare we call Trump on his illegal actions, many of which have caused thousands of innocent Americans to die, millions to fall into poverty, and the economy to be destroyed.

Hey, I’m with ya on aid...I think we should be getting more. So does the President btw.
Threatening remarks with implied and stated possible repercussions is unlawful.
University of Georgia law professor
“The Georgia code says that anybody who solicits, requests or commands or otherwise attempts to encourage somebody to commit election fraud is guilty of solicitation of election fraud. ‘Soliciting or requesting’ is the key language. The president asked, in no uncertain terms, the secretary of state to invent votes, to create votes that were not there. Not only did he ask for that in terms of just overturning the specific margin that Joe Biden won by, but then said we needed one additional vote to secure victory in Georgia.”

“There’s just no way that if you read the code and the way the code is structured, and then you look at what the president of the United states requested, that he has not violated this law — the spirit of it for sure,” Kreis continued.

No, he didn’t.... He merely made the case that the SOS was failing to do his job.

Did they find anymore Trump votes? Apparently Trump also cost Republicans the Senate. I look forward to Republicans blaming each other.

The best I can do in understanding Trump and his supporters is to recall the embrace of "alternate facts." If the number of people actually attending a rally are not what Trump wants … change the picture literally to show a bigger crowd. If a hurricane is not going where he wants it to go, literally change the picture showing its path. I don't understand that. I mean if the doctor tells me I have cancer or that my blood sugar is out of whack, then I have to deal with those facts.

And this is the thing I find strange about Trumpsters. I get him. He is an easy read. He's a charlatan, pure and simple. What I don't get is that so many people either believe him outright or give him such a free pass on such obvious lies.
“Charlatans” don’t say common sense things like we need to be building our own technology and pharmaceuticals again, instead of allowing China to make 99% of them.

They also don’t stand up to the Washington Establishment and refuse warmongers paid by Defense contractors.

The “charlatans” are the ones pushing all that crap. The Bushes, the Clintons, Obama, and the Bidens of Washington.

LOLOL.. Maybe Trump doesn't know the difference between China and Germany. Check EVERYTHING Trump says.. He's stupendously ignorant.
For four years you all have been claiming he is “stupid” or a “liar”, yet can never seem to give examples of his lies or where he is wrong.

His list of lies would wrap around the WH a thousand times, you are just in denial.

View attachment 437350
The Democrats are the racists. That is why black children are stuck in substandard schools. They keep Blacks down so they can use them. That is why the disputed votes come from counties with a lot of Black votes. All so they can play the race card.

History in this country shows that Black Americans do BETTER under Democrats than Republicans.

Did you whine when Pres. Reagan gave reparations to Japanese-Americans? I'll answer it for you. Hell no.

Did you whine when others were given reparations? Hell no. You don't want to talk about reparations for black folks because of the hundreds of years of injustice that black folks suffered in this country.

The reason why they don't want reparations to black people is because they use the reparations garbage to frighten stupid people into not voting for a black person or a democratic politician.

It's a simple as that.

It's one of their "boogie man" issues they use to get stupid people to vote against their nation and best interest and vote for a republican.

It's much like their "the democrats are going to take your weapons!" scare tactic ploy they use all the time.
Ummm...Beto literally said he wanted to take guns? Biden literally said he believes America is systemically racist.

It is.

Cry me a river. I am a Jew. My oldest had a swastika painted on her school locker last year. I don't the country systemically antisemitic.

A lot is two words and a lot do. It is still our ancient homeland. If a Native American moves to France, is America not his native homeland still? Durrrr.....

Because Israel does not equate to reparations. It wasn't given to us, we took it back. Read Exodus and educate yourself. Jews don't whine, we work together and succeed. We are a much more significant minority than blacks in America.

Jews don't whine?????? Jews INVENTED whining. Admittedly, you've been treated like shit throughout history, and if this is what it means to be "God's chosen people", I'm grateful I was born Christian, but the whiniest people I know are Jewish. You've raised it to an art form, as practiced by every Jewish comedian since the dawn of time.
Jews INVENTED whining.

I have been told by leaders of our country that I owe the black community reparations for what my ancestors did to their ancestors. My ancestors? They were dying in Germany at the time. My ancestors had nothing to do with slavery. They were treated just as poorly as slaves by the Germans.

But I am the whiner?

Got it.
Thank you.

My grandfather on my dad's side died in the Battle of Stalingrad while my dad was still in my grandmothers stomach. She, my dad and his older sister are all that are left of that side of the family. On my mom's side, my grandmother and her brother were all that were left after the Nazis killed 20+ members of her family. I never once blamed the German people for it. Don't want reparations. I am proud of my heritage. Our peoples struggles and our will to survive and thrive.

I hate what my ancestors went through but I was lucky to not have to experience it. SO I am strong for it, not hateful for it and in no way do I whine about it.
100%

This is why Jews thrive. We help one another. We don't kill one another at record rates and then blame racism for it.

Actually the world helped you after the Holocaust, after slavery black folks moved into Jim Crow segregation, more racism and more discrimination. So trying to equate the plight of Jewish people to black folks in America is a disgrace.
Muslims are still trying to eradicate the Jews, Stupid.

You aren’t getting reparations.
Welfare and section 8 are long standing reparations.

How is that when there are more whites on welfare and Section *.

We just won’t throw more money away over 150 years ago to soothe their silly savage feelings that they are due more and then suddenly will join and participate in mainstream society in return

Nobody wants to mainstream with racist trash like you. Thank God most white americans are not like white racist folks like you.
African Americans are only 13% of the population. There should be more whites on welfare.

What % of black folks are on welfare and if there are more whites on it, how in the hell is it reparations for black folks?
41% of blacks on welfare vs 13% of whites.

Next?

• The black population: At 41.6 percent, blacks were more likely to participate in government assistance programs in an average month.
o The black participation rate was followed by Hispanics at 36.4 percent, Asians or Pacific
Islanders at 17.8 percent, and non-Hispanic whites at 13.2 percent.

Yep. Racism is an economic loser.

View attachment 437350

It's a simple as that.

It is.

Jews INVENTED whining.

But I am the whiner?

Got it.
Thank you.

100%

Garbage. Jews paid for all the weapons they used in 1948. Nobody sent troops to help them.
They paid for much of the land in Israel they occupy. Blacks could move North to get away from Jim Crow but they just stayed. Whites passed the civil rights laws to help them.

By 1948 Jewish immigrants owned 6% of Palestine

If accusing someone of committing a crime is a “threat”, then every Dimwinger on this board would be locked up for life for serial threats against a sitting President.
It’s different when the person being accused has committed no crime, the person doing the accusing is law enforcement and when the law enforcement is making a personal demand.
Demand? Quote the demand?
Better put...

If someone is accused of committing a crime and charges are brought....but a judge tossed out the charges due to only circumstantial evidence....was the accused threatened? Or did the system play out as it should.

There was no threat. There was concern expressed.

Biden threatens millions of tax payer dollars to a country and gave them 6 hours to comply or they lose it and that was not a threat.

Trump says "something isn't right here and I need you to find if there were 12K votes illegally cast"....and THAT is a threat.

Pathetic.

"Pathetic" is right since that ain't what he said.

He said nothing about "find out IF". He said "find 11.780 votes".
Taken out context. But notice you can understand what Trump says. Braindead Joe not so much.
It is quite clear what Trump is saying, just like when he withheld aid and tried to strong arm the Ukrainian President to “find” some dirt on his personal political rival.

Exactly .. Trump used the same tactic on the president of Ukraine.

More threats from Tweedledum

Trump, who helps to run the family business, vowed on Twitter that there would be primary challenges against Republicans who didn’t assist the president’s effort to subvert the election and block President-elect Joe Biden from taking office:

I will personally work to defeat every single Republican Senator / Congressman who doesn’t stand up against this fraud - they will be primaried in their next election and they will lose.

— Eric Trump (@EricTrump) January 6, 2021
Trump made similar comments on Fox News:

Eric Trump: Any senator or any congressman on this side that does not fight tomorrow, I’m telling you will not, their political career is over because the MAGA movement is going nowhere pic.twitter.com/Z3oq2tRpCW

— Acyn Torabi (@Acyn) January 6, 2021

Threatening remarks with implied and stated possible repercussions is unlawful.
University of Georgia law professor
“The Georgia code says that anybody who solicits, requests or commands or otherwise attempts to encourage somebody to commit election fraud is guilty of solicitation of election fraud. ‘Soliciting or requesting’ is the key language. The president asked, in no uncertain terms, the secretary of state to invent votes, to create votes that were not there. Not only did he ask for that in terms of just overturning the specific margin that Joe Biden won by, but then said we needed one additional vote to secure victory in Georgia.”

“There’s just no way that if you read the code and the way the code is structured, and then you look at what the president of the United states requested, that he has not violated this law — the spirit of it for sure,” Kreis continued.

No, he didn’t.... He merely made the case that the SOS was failing to do his job.
He also threatened him, and his job isn't to flip legal votes to trump.

Forum List

Back