Washington Post Bans 'Redskins' From Editorials

Yeah of course. That's why the NY Highlanders disappeared shortly after becoming the Yankees.

Different city. Different fan base. Different time in history. Redskins fans buy into the "hokey" idea of Tradition. We're not interested in throwing away more than 80 years of memorabilia just because someone has their loincloth tied in a knot.

So, your "memorabilia" is more important than the racist legacy of George Preston Marshall?

yes

btw - do you have that proof that Marshall was racist towards Indians?

Oh also, I notice you didn't acknowledge that I PROVED to you that Indians like the Redskins moniker AND Snyder donates to Indian causes. I mean I realize that you don't believe in proving things you claim are true are actually true, but you could acknowledge when others do.

I have sufficiently proven all your claims. However, I realize that proof means nothing to a dumbass.
Yep, proof means nothing to you, dumbass!

Yeah of course. That's why the NY Highlanders disappeared shortly after becoming the Yankees.

Different city. Different fan base. Different time in history. Redskins fans buy into the "hokey" idea of Tradition. We're not interested in throwing away more than 80 years of memorabilia just because someone has their loincloth tied in a knot.

So, your "memorabilia" is more important than the racist legacy of George Preston Marshall?

yes

btw - do you have that proof that Marshall was racist towards Indians?

Oh also, I notice you didn't acknowledge that I PROVED to you that Indians like the Redskins moniker AND Snyder donates to Indian causes. I mean I realize that you don't believe in proving things you claim are true are actually true, but you could acknowledge when others do.

I have sufficiently proven all your claims. However, I realize that proof means nothing to a dumbass.
Yep, proof means nothing to you, dumbass!

Here is a "real" and recent study of "real" Native Americans:

New Study Finds 67% Of Native Americans Find Redskins Name Offensive

Last edited:
Why are you so dishonest?

Dishonest about what? Real Americans don't believe any foreigners should be in thus country and since reservations are not US property all Native Americans are foreigners.

As for you folks being here first. .... Possession is the Law Chief. Your ancestors couldn't hold it, too bad for you.

Dishonest about what? Real Americans don't believe any foreigners should be in thus country and since reservations are not US property all Native Americans are foreigners.

As for you folks being here first. .... Possession is the Law Chief. Your ancestors couldn't hold it, too bad for you.

While it is true that my ancestors "couldn't hold it" - does that excuse your racism?

Bro, all native Americans born within US borders (including reservations) since 1924 ARE US citizens.

[QUOTE="Lakhota, post: 9735365, member: 31132"[While it is true that my ancestors "couldn't hold it" - does that excuse your racism?[/QUOTE]

LOL. In life the winners make the rules and the losers beg for table scraps. Get used to it.

Snyder can choose to be on the wrong side of history all he wants. The days of the "Redskins" are numbered. (And it's a pretty low number).

I don't know if it was a coincidence or not, but when watching the sports news on a channel the other day, the commentators were talking about the Washington football team and neither of them once said their nickname.
It was a bit interesting.
It will be interesting how the commentators and the reporters will refer to the Washington team.

n-WASHINGTON-REDSKINS-large570.jpg

WASHINGTON (AP) — The Washington Post says it will stop calling Washington's football team the "Redskins" on its editorial page.

The paper's editorial board announced Friday that it will refrain from using the term that it says "unquestionably offends not only many Native Americans but many other Americans, too."

The board noted that it has been speaking out against the Redskins name since 1992. Redskins spokesman Tony Wyllie said the announcement was therefore "no surprise" to the team.

Several major newspapers have stopped using the name altogether.

Redskins owner Dan Snyder has vowed never to change the name, saying it honors Native Americans.

Washington Post Bans Redskins From Editorials

Most famously of all, Marshall was the last owner to accept a black player—fully 15 years after the ban was lifted. And his team drafted an African-American then (in 1961) only because it was forced to by the government—the then-new stadium that we call RFK Stadium today was built on Department of Interior land, which permitted the Kennedy administration to order the lessee (the team) to adhere to federal nondiscrimination policies. In other words, Marshall wasn’t merely a standard-issue racist of the time, like H.L. Mencken or countless others. He was diseased. He seethed with hatred of nonwhite people. And “Redskins” is his handiwork. Because “Braves” wasn’t quite descriptive enough.

The Racist Redskins - The Daily Beast

Progress is slow - but it's still progress. The man who named the Washington Redskins team, George Preston Marshall, was a diseased racist. His racist legacy should die.

I don't know if it was a coincidence or not, but when watching the sports news on a channel the other day, the commentators were talking about the Washington football team and neither of them once said their nickname.
It will be interesting how the commentators and the reporters will refer to the Washington team.

WASHINGTON (AP) — The Washington Post says it will stop calling Washington's football team the "Redskins" on its editorial page.

The paper's editorial board announced Friday that it will refrain from using the term that it says "unquestionably offends not only many Native Americans but many other Americans, too."

The board noted that it has been speaking out against the Redskins name since 1992. Redskins spokesman Tony Wyllie said the announcement was therefore "no surprise" to the team.

Redskins owner Dan Snyder has vowed never to change the name, saying it honors Native Americans.

Most famously of all, Marshall was the last owner to accept a black player—fully 15 years after the ban was lifted. And his team drafted an African-American then (in 1961) only because it was forced to by the government—the then-new stadium that we call RFK Stadium today was built on Department of Interior land, which permitted the Kennedy administration to order the lessee (the team) to adhere to federal nondiscrimination policies. In other words, Marshall wasn’t merely a standard-issue racist of the time, like H.L. Mencken or countless others. He was diseased. He seethed with hatred of nonwhite people. And “Redskins” is his handiwork. Because “Braves” wasn’t quite descriptive enough.

Progress is slow - but it's still progress. The man who named the Washington Redskins team, George Preston Marshall, was a diseased racist. His racist legacy should die.

Things are obviously changing rather quickly. This may likely be the last season for the racist Washington ********* name.

ESPN's Monday Night Football Sideline Reporter Will Not Say Redskins

Yeah...that will be just so interesting.

Liberals are such pieces of smelly shit.Especially Big Ten college know it all academia types.

:asshole::fu:Your uneducated response smells exactly what you posted.
Make the correlation or that might be a bit difficult for an uneducated smelly piece of shit like yourself.
There I did it for you.

Yeah...that will be just so interesting.

Liberals are such pieces of smelly shit.Especially Big Ten college know it all academia types.

Marco Rubio: It Is Dan Snyder's 'Right To Keep' Controversial NFL Team Name

Daniel Snyder, the owner of Washington's NFL team, "should in no way be forced" to change its controversial name, Sen. Marco Rubio (R-Fla.) argued during an interview on ESPN's "Capital Games" podcast Tuesday.

"The decision is up to the owner to make," Rubio said. "He's in the PR business. He has to sell tickets. And ultimately he's going to face accountability from a business perspective for whatever choice he makes but ultimately it's his right to keep the team's name if he wants to."

Defending his May decision not to join 50 fellow senators in signing a letter urging NFL Commissioner Roger Goodell to change the team's name, Rubio argued that "our job is to face these major issues before the country, not to have an opinion on every topic that comes up."

More: Marco Rubio It Is Dan Snyder's Right To Keep Controversial NFL Team Name

Rubio is a pathetic little coward. Once again, he'll be on the wrong side of history.

Marco Rubio: It Is Dan Snyder's 'Right To Keep' Controversial NFL Team Name

Daniel Snyder, the owner of Washington's NFL team, "should in no way be forced" to change its controversial name, Sen. Marco Rubio (R-Fla.) argued during an interview on ESPN's "Capital Games" podcast Tuesday.

"The decision is up to the owner to make," Rubio said. "He's in the PR business. He has to sell tickets. And ultimately he's going to face accountability from a business perspective for whatever choice he makes but ultimately it's his right to keep the team's name if he wants to."

Defending his May decision not to join 50 fellow senators in signing a letter urging NFL Commissioner Roger Goodell to change the team's name, Rubio argued that "our job is to face these major issues before the country, not to have an opinion on every topic that comes up."

More: Marco Rubio It Is Dan Snyder's Right To Keep Controversial NFL Team Name

Rubio is a pathetic little coward. Once again, he'll be on the wrong side of history.
Your a pathetic troll Rubio is 100% correct it is not his or the federal government to tell a businessman what the name of his business should be. If the name starts hurting his bottom line he may well change the name but that is for him and the market to decide not a bunch of self-righteous white liberals

Forum List

Back