Washington Post: Trump attacks protections for immigrants from ‘shithole’ countries like Haiti

The problem with shitholes is.....they bring their diseases with them.

And..I never understood the nastiness of those countries and the people living in such conditions. Being poor does not mean you have to be a pig.

tin_can_8_10-980-copy.jpg

1329859148.jpg

aa03c3251403edac079fb3dfb5d6a4f9.jpg

poorwhitewoman.jpg

Tin_Can_NY_14-523-copy.jpg

If Trump was in White Appalachia, he would think he was in a sh!thole country. He would insist they never come here.
dean is that you in the last picture?....pick up the trash,geezus...

Notice the source of this story.....The Washington Post.....one of the usual suspects.

Trump derides protections for immigrants from ‘shithole’ countries
By Josh Dawsey January 11 at 7:31 PM
President Trump grew frustrated with lawmakers Thursday in the Oval Office when they discussed protecting immigrants from Haiti, El Salvador and African countries as part of a bipartisan immigration deal, according to several people briefed on the meeting.

“Why are we having all these people from shithole countries come here?” Trump said, according to these people, referring to countries mentioned by the lawmakers.

Trump then suggested that the United States should instead bring more people from countries such as Norway, whose prime minister he met with Wednesday. The president, according to a White House official, also suggested he would be open to more immigrants from Asian countries because he felt they help the United States economically.

In addition, the president singled out Haiti, telling lawmakers that immigrants from that country must be left out of any deal, these people said.

“Why do we need more Haitians?” Trump said, according to people familiar with the meeting. “Take them out.”

Lawmakers were taken aback by the comments, according to people familiar with their reactions. Sens. Lindsey O. Graham (R-S.C.) and Richard J. Durbin (D-Ill.) had proposed cutting the visa lottery program by 50 percent and then prioritizing countries already in the system, a White House official said.

A White House spokesman defended Trump’s position on immigration without directly addressing his remarks. White House officials did not dispute the account.

[200,000 Salvadorans may be forced to leave the U.S. as Trump ends immigration protection]

“Certain Washington politicians choose to fight for foreign countries, but President Trump will always fight for the American people,” spokesman Raj Shah said in a statement issued after The Washington Post first reported Trump’s remarks. “. . . Like other nations that have merit-based immigration, President Trump is fighting for permanent solutions that make our country stronger by welcoming those who can contribute to our society, grow our economy and assimilate into our great nation.”

Trump built his candidacy and presidency around hard stances on immigration, vowing to build a wall along the Mexican border and cut legal immigration by half, among other positions. Officials at the Department of Homeland Security have increased immigration raids, including dozens this week at convenience stores across the country.

I mean..why can't they gather forces in small sections of where they live and CLEAN IT UP? It won't make much of a dent, but at least where they live..it would. Like I said..being poor does not mean one has to live so nastily. What will bring this world to the brink of disease are those countries shown above. Filth. Nasty. Gross. Lazy people even if poor. And that is what is trying to come HERE.

Even animals don't shit in their homes. Well, except birds.

Haiti Travel Advisory

Travel Advisory
January 10, 2018
Haiti – Level 3: Reconsider travel
U C
Reconsider travel to Haiti due to crime and civil unrest.

Violent crime, such as armed robbery, is common. Local police may lack the resources to respond effectively to serious criminal incidents or emergencies. Protests, tire burning, and road blockages are frequent and often spontaneous.

The U.S. government has limited ability to provide emergency services to U.S. citizens in some areas of Haiti. U.S. Embassy personnel must receive permission from the Embassy security officer to travel to some areas of Port-au-Prince. Embassy employees are discouraged, and in some instances prohibited, from walking in city neighborhoods, including Pétion Ville. After dark, Embassy personnel are prohibited from visiting establishments without secure, on-site parking. Travel outside of Port-au-Prince is prohibited after dark. Embassy employees are under a curfew from 1:00 a.m. to 5:00 a.m. The use of public banks and ATMs by Embassy employees is prohibited at all times. Embassy personnel are prohibited from using any kind of public transportation throughout the country.

Read the Safety and Security section on the country information page.

If you decide to travel to Haiti:

Of course they do. Both of my kids have learned plenty of history and both have excellent English.

Did they learn that Abraham Lincoln was a democrat who defeated the slave holding Republicans? :dunno:

The problem with you Marxist is that pretty much everything you say is a lie... :eusa_whistle:
Lincoln was a progressive, and the Republicans were progressives....150 years ago. You would have hated the party of Lincoln. And I am not a Marxist.
Lincoln was a free-soiler and progressive movement did not even exist yet.

I mean..why can't they gather forces in small sections of where they live and CLEAN IT UP? It won't make much of a dent, but at least where they live..it would. Like I said..being poor does not mean one has to live so nastily. What will bring this world to the brink of disease are those countries shown above. Filth. Nasty. Gross. Lazy people even if poor. And that is what is trying to come HERE.

The Democrat party wants them here 'cause they need voters to take back the House and Senate.

The Democrat party wants them here 'cause they need voters to take back the House and Senate.

I was going to answer you
but I won't now...whatever

Which means POWER means more to them than anything else in the world. POWER.

Answer who? Me or Hoss?

Answer who? Me or Hoss?

you???

oh no

I mean Hoss

Forum List

Back