Waste of money...

Thanks. Yes that is the EXACT thing I was talking about.. Idiot
They had to unfreeze all that shit as part of the nuke deal..

Nope.

Read again.

The negotiations are not related.

You are calling me an idiot while not understanding what took place.

This is not the unfreezing of assets. This is a settlement unrelated to the nuke deal.

When will you post your retraction?
The link you gave went strait to a post about the 1.7b Iran was promised.

Read the NBC story that is imbedded in that post. Read that link. It tells you what this is. It is completely seperate from the $150billion in frozen assets that we have agreed to unfreeze. Different story. Different money.

The connections made to prisoners are false.

I'm so bored. A simple google of "Obama 400 million Iran" brings you dozens of RW hit pieces and a couple real news pieces. Read the real news pieces.

Nope.

Read again.

This is not the unfreezing of assets. This is a settlement unrelated to the nuke deal.

Read the NBC story that is imbedded in that post. Read that link. It tells you what this is. It is completely seperate from the $150billion in frozen assets that we have agreed to unfreeze. Different story. Different money.

I'm so bored. A simple google of "Obama 400 million Iran" brings you dozens of RW hit pieces and a couple real news pieces. Read the real news pieces.
Ok
Even if I was confusing the situation, the 1.7b that we are repaying was made the day before this incident. We are repaying that in installments of 490m not 400m
The "formal announcement" is irrelevant considering we started paying payments in December.

Nope.

Read again.

Ok
Even if I was confusing the situation, the 1.7b that we are repaying was made the day before this incident. We are repaying that in installments of 490m not 400m
The "formal announcement" is irrelevant considering we started paying payments in December.

So....in your learned opinion....did we pay a ransom for the release of four prisoners ( not hostages, by the way ) being held on trumped up charges in Iran?

Or...did we pay a debt that we owed from a settlement of a 1979 arms deal that was never completed?

Nope.

Read again.

Ok

So....in your learned opinion....did we pay a ransom for the release of four prisoners ( not hostages, by the way ) being held on trumped up charges in Iran?

Or...did we pay a debt that we owed from a settlement of a 1979 arms deal that was never completed?
I'm not for sure. But considering that isn't the amount of money we pay them, and they made the January payment BEFORE this, I would say the WH parroting rhetoric is bullshit.

According to the WSJ article I posted, it is clear Barry paid a ransom. Debts aren't usually paid in the middle of the night in foreign currency on un-marked planes and include the release of hostages.

Nope.

Read again.

Ok

I'm not for sure. But considering that isn't the amount of money we pay them, and they made the January payment BEFORE this, I would say the WH parroting rhetoric is bullshit.

Your credibility balance is now zero.

Please make a deposit by saying something that is completely true and verifiable at your earliest opportunity. Prolonged delay may result in your account being permanently closed.

Hilarious, half the US Navy is there and the derp cons think the US would pay a ransom for our military people. I know you dopes are just flailing away and reaching for ANYTHING to try to shore up tiny hands but this one is too easy.

The US told Iran, yeah we'll have our people back tomorrow or you'll find out why it wasn't a good idea to detain them in the first place. That is what took place. You dopes who think other nations aren't afraid of the US military just live in a con bubbleland.

And it will have no traction in the news as it is too easily proven. But the only thing cons have are their lies so flail away.

You ignorant buffoon. Did you read the article? The men released had been held since 2011 & 2012, they weren't military. The ransom went to free civilians. And yes, it was ransom. To believe otherwise is to be willfully ignorant.

You ought to change your screen name Kevin Federline... Isaac Newton my happy ass...

Ok

Your credibility balance is now zero.

Please make a deposit by saying something that is completely true and verifiable at your earliest opportunity. Prolonged delay may result in your account being permanently closed.
Do you ever say anything?
If I'm wrong, correct me. Be a man, don't be a little bitch

Hilarious, half the US Navy is there and the derp cons think the US would pay a ransom for our military people. I know you dopes are just flailing away and reaching for ANYTHING to try to shore up tiny hands but this one is too easy.

The US told Iran, yeah we'll have our people back tomorrow or you'll find out why it wasn't a good idea to detain them in the first place. That is what took place. You dopes who think other nations aren't afraid of the US military just live in a con bubbleland.

And it will have no traction in the news as it is too easily proven. But the only thing cons have are their lies so flail away.

You ignorant buffoon. Did you read the article? The men released had been held since 2011 & 2012, they weren't military. The ransom went to free civilians. And yes, it was ransom. To believe otherwise is to be willfully ignorant.

You ought to change your screen name Kevin Federline... Isaac Newton my happy ass...

Who cares, it is just more fake Benghazi type unreality that conseratives have glommed on to. Like bigfoot and alien abductions. Everything is a 'conspiracy' to you maroons. Thought doesn't enter into it.

the unvarnished truth, as I see it, there are two ways to look at this. One is Issacnewtons way, it was just happenstance that the money went to Iran prior to the hostage release. I suppose that is possible that one part of the government doesn't know what the other part is doing. Seems very logical that with this administration they would give Iran 400 million without a promise of release. I guess that is what Issacnewton is trying to convince us. Sounds like Issacnewton is trying to convince us that 400 million was sent to the Iranians no strings attached, a gesture of good will.

The other option is that this is more or less what the left wing vilified Reagan. Arms for hostages. I really would hate to think that Obama sent 400 million to the terrorist regime without a promise of release. It technically may not have been ransom, it maybe have been owed, I don't know. But if Obama didn't make such a deal he would be derelict in his duty. So now arms for hostages is AOK with the liberal left.

Either way, at terrorism sponsoring theocracy got 400 million, bad, and the US got hostages back, good.

The pallets stacked high with dollars, euros, and Swiss franks were just a coincidence? Have you abandoned all shame so completely?

Not speaking of issacnewton specifically but I have found that the only shame that the left wing has is the shame their parents must feel.

the unvarnished truth, as I see it, there are two ways to look at this. One is Issacnewtons way, it was just happenstance that the money went to Iran prior to the hostage release. I suppose that is possible that one part of the government doesn't know what the other part is doing. Seems very logical that with this administration they would give Iran 400 million without a promise of release. I guess that is what Issacnewton is trying to convince us. Sounds like Issacnewton is trying to convince us that 400 million was sent to the Iranians no strings attached, a gesture of good will.

The other option is that this is more or less what the left wing vilified Reagan. Arms for hostages. I really would hate to think that Obama sent 400 million to the terrorist regime without a promise of release. It technically may not have been ransom, it maybe have been owed, I don't know. But if Obama didn't make such a deal he would be derelict in his duty. So now arms for hostages is AOK with the liberal left.

Either way, at terrorism sponsoring theocracy got 400 million, bad, and the US got hostages back, good.

this payment was ransom because of the timing.

Kerry: "we have owed you this money for 40 years, if you release our hostages tomorrow we will fly pallets of cash over to you tomorrow"

Iran: "Ok, send the money and we will release 4 hostages, then we will take more americans hostage and demand more money, you idiots".

I posted about this yesterday & got 0 liberal responses. They are avoiding this issue like the plague.

There is no issue.

The deal was negotiated 4 decades ago.

Get the facts, jack.
Link?

The FACT is the SECRET payment in foreign currency - cash, as demanded by the Iranians for THIS payment ONLY - loaded onto an unmarked plane and flown out in the middle of the night in exchange for American hostages was NOT negotiated 4 decades ago.

If not for ransom, what other reason for giving the ayatollahs $400M in foreign CASH? Hmm? Don't you think that should have been forfeited as compensation for destroying our embassy and holding our people hostage for over a year?

Last edited:
Different lie, different day.

That sum was actually part of a $1.7 billion settlement to Iran for a decades-long legal dispute that was before an international tribunal in The Hague, according to State Department spokesman John Kirby.

"As we've made clear, the negotiations over the settlement of an outstanding claim at the Hague Tribunal were completely separate from the discussions about returning our American citizens home," Kirby said in a statement. "Not only were the two negotiations separate, they were conducted by different teams on each side, including, in the case of the Hague claims, by technical experts involved in these negotiations for many years."

The State Department formally announced the settlement terms on Jan. 17 — a day after the four Americans were freed.

$400M Payment to Iran Not a Ransom: White House

all true, but the fact is that the 400M payment was made in exchange for 4 hostages. The TIMING makes it a ransom. Now we have placed a value on American hostages. happy, moron?

Different lie, different day.

That sum was actually part of a $1.7 billion settlement to Iran for a decades-long legal dispute that was before an international tribunal in The Hague, according to State Department spokesman John Kirby.

"As we've made clear, the negotiations over the settlement of an outstanding claim at the Hague Tribunal were completely separate from the discussions about returning our American citizens home," Kirby said in a statement. "Not only were the two negotiations separate, they were conducted by different teams on each side, including, in the case of the Hague claims, by technical experts involved in these negotiations for many years."

The State Department formally announced the settlement terms on Jan. 17 — a day after the four Americans were freed.

$400M Payment to Iran Not a Ransom: White House

all true, but the fact is that the 400M payment was made in exchange for 4 hostages. The TIMING makes it a ransom. Now we have placed a value on American hostages. happy, moron?

Giving Iran it's money back is not paying a ransom. What will you RWNJ's call it when the rest of it gets paid?

Forum List

Back