Waste of money...

It definitely puts Americans in more danger...
No it didn't. Will you ever stop short of saying crazy things?
Nice OPINION, but people way smarter than both you and I disagree.

"Paying ransom to kidnappers puts Americans even more at risk," Sen. Mark Kirk, R-Ill., said in a statement. "While Americans were relieved by Iran’s overdue release of illegally imprisoned American hostages, the White House’s policy of appeasement has led Iran to illegally seize more American hostages."

"Countries with a reputation for paying ransom to terrorists are more likely to have their citizens targeted by organizations like the Islamic State, a Canadian security expert says."When you open yourself for this vulnerability, you basically open the hunt for the citizens of your country around the world to be kidnapped," former CSIS agent Michel Juneau-Katsuya told CTV's Canada AM on Friday."
- Paying a terrorist ransom may put a country's citizens at greater risk: expert

It's like feeding bears in a park...once you do it they know where to get more food. In this case, just take more Americans hostage.

I'm not arguing the position that paying ransom is bad. It is bad.

But.....

We didn't pay ransom.

So.....you are saying crazy things.

I didn't ask you to do anything other than to use common sense and simple fact checking instincts.
You bought the OP's lie......and that makes me think you are willing to be duped.
No I didn't. I read about it this morning. Yea, someone in Washington said it was for 2 different instances.
Yea, Washington never lies or covers up bullshit... lol
You have a finely tuned bullshit detector when it comes to what the Obama admin says....meaning EVERYTHING is bullshit.
But.....Tom Cotton and the WSJ......oh boy! They pass your test with ease.
You are a dupe. We owed them the money.
We pay them installments of 490M each. We paid them 490M the day before this happened..

This?

I have no idea what you are trying to say. I think it is you who needs to explain it.
Read it and think. We pay iran money in installments of 490M each. An installment was just done the day before this debacle. We don't give them 400m for the nuke deal..

I'm not going to try and figure out where your pea brain is going. Here is what we know.

This payment was for a debt owed due to dealings that took place in 1979. It has nothing to do with the nuke deal or the release of prisoners.

Period.

No I didn't. I read about it this morning. Yea, someone in Washington said it was for 2 different instances.
Yea, Washington never lies or covers up bullshit... lol
You have a finely tuned bullshit detector when it comes to what the Obama admin says....meaning EVERYTHING is bullshit.
We pay them installments of 490M each. We paid them 490M the day before this happened..

This?

I have no idea what you are trying to say. I think it is you who needs to explain it.
Read it and think. We pay iran money in installments of 490M each. An installment was just done the day before this debacle. We don't give them 400m for the nuke deal..

I'm not going to try and figure out where your pea brain is going. Here is what we know.

This payment was for a debt owed due to dealings that took place in 1979. It has nothing to do with the nuke deal or the release of prisoners.

Period.
Link to that info? I haven't seen that anywhere

This?

Period.

Are you joking?

We didn't pay ransom. So.....you are saying crazy things.

WASHINGTON—The Obama administration secretly organized an airlift of $400 million worth of cash to Iran that coincided with the January release of four Americans detained in Tehran, according to U.S. and European officials and congressional staff briefed on the operation afterward.
- U.S. Sent Cash to Iran as Americans Were Freed

So YOU are saying the Obama administration negotiating and arranging a SECRET airlift in the middle of the night using an unmarked aircraft carrying $400 million worth of cash - in foreign currency so as not to violate the law prohibiting trafficking of cash to Iran in US dollars - instead of conducting the transaction electronically because Iran demanded the deal go down that way - resulting in the release of US Hostages being held by Iran is NOT paying a ransom?!

Wow....ok. Thanks for explaining that to me. :p

We didn't pay ransom. So.....you are saying crazy things.

WASHINGTON—The Obama administration secretly organized an airlift of $400 million worth of cash to Iran that coincided with the January release of four Americans detained in Tehran, according to U.S. and European officials and congressional staff briefed on the operation afterward.
- U.S. Sent Cash to Iran as Americans Were Freed

So YOU are saying the Obama administration negotiating and arranging a SECRET airlift in the middle of the night using an unmarked aircraft carrying $400 million worth of cash - in foreign currency so as not to violate the law prohibiting trafficking of cash to Iran in US dollars - instead of conducting the transaction electronically because Iran demanded the deal go down that way - resulting in the release of US Hostages being held by Iran is NOT paying a ransom?!

Wow....ok. Thanks for explaining that to me. :p

You are repeating lies. I'm so bored by that shit. Why not stop?

This?

Period.

Are you joking?
Can u not just link? Geezus

I just posted the story and link from the Wall Street Journal that outlines the FACTS. If you can't handle the facts / truth then that's one thing, boy, but it does not make me a liar. Your opinion, however, is duly noted. Have a nice day.

If it was a legitimate payment it would have been done by electronic transfer, not stacks of case on pallets shipped on a mystery plane.

It was a ransom payment, fools. Sleep well, idiots. you could be next.

You don't know what you are talking about.
agreed. It is against the law to give Iran dollars.

Interesting point. It was Tax Dollars, no?
No, it was funds that were being held from Iran - their own funds.

AGAIN, the January payment for the 1.7B Iran was getting wa made a day before this happened. Not to mention, we are paying that money in installments of 490m, not 400.

I don't think we pay them in foreign currency carried in unmarked aircraft in the middle of the night, though, instead of electronic payments. :p

I just posted the story and link from the Wall Street Journal that outlines the FACTS. If you can't handle the facts / truth then that's one thing, boy, but it does not make me a liar. Your opinion, however, is duly noted. Have a nice day.

That story does not stick to the facts. You have been duped.

This?

Period.

Are you joking?
Can u not just link? Geezus

I did. Next post.

I don't think we pay them in foreign currency carried in unmarked aircraft in the middle of the night, though, instead of electronic payments. :p
That I'm not sure about

Obama wanted his legacy too much - had he any balls he would have demanded the release of the hostages as part of his personal Iran 'deal'. Instead Iran's military was practicing attacking US carriers, the Shah was leading chants of 'Death to America', and Barry and 'Lurch' were negotiating from positions of weakness. Paying a ransom is so much better.
:rolleyes:

Thanks. Yes that is the EXACT thing I was talking about.. Idiot
They had to unfreeze all that shit as part of the nuke deal..

Nope.

Read again.

The negotiations are not related.

You are calling me an idiot while not understanding what took place.

This is not the unfreezing of assets. This is a settlement unrelated to the nuke deal.

When will you post your retraction?

Thanks. Yes that is the EXACT thing I was talking about.. Idiot
They had to unfreeze all that shit as part of the nuke deal..

Nope.

Read again.

The negotiations are not related.

You are calling me an idiot while not understanding what took place.

This is not the unfreezing of assets. This is a settlement unrelated to the nuke deal.

When will you post your retraction?
The link you gave went strait to a post about the 1.7b Iran was promised.

Forum List

Back