Watergate 40 years later

Factcheck is owned and run by liberals, who support liberal causes. They're a mouthpiece for the Democratic Party. Snopes is similar.

The only thing they seem to have in common is that they say things you don't like. They're 100 times more trustworthy than The Blaze, WND, Breitbart and the other go to propaganda arms of the right.
Liberals are known for their dishonesty. How many times has NBC been caught editing tapes?

You made the charge, you provide the evidence. I'd wager it's far fewer times than any of the sources of right wing "truth" I mentioned.

It saddens me that this nation is floundering under the weight of moral relativity......but it is the only way to justify what has happened over the last 13 years.

Yeah....we need to get back to burning epileptics & schizophrenics at the stake....for being "possessed"....just like God wants it!!!

Watergate was the left wing media's finest hour. It isn't surprising that they sometimes return to the fuzzy warm feeling they get when they force a republican out of office.

25550369.jpg

Factcheck is owned and run by liberals, who support liberal causes. They're a mouthpiece for the Democratic Party. Snopes is similar.

The only thing they seem to have in common is that they say things you don't like. They're 100 times more trustworthy than The Blaze, WND, Breitbart and the other go to propaganda arms of the right.
Liberals are known for their dishonesty. How many times has NBC been caught editing tapes?

The media on the right was "unskewing" polls before the 2012 election. You tell me who is dishonest to their audience.

You made the charge, you provide the evidence. I'd wager it's far fewer times than any of the sources of right wing "truth" I mentioned.
I guess you forgot about the George Zimmerman 911 call they edited.

The media on the right was "unskewing" polls before the 2012 election. You tell me who is dishonest to their audience.
ABC, CBS, NBC, PBS, CNN, MSNBC, CNBC, as well as a multitude of liberal newspapers.

We're living under the most corrupt and treacherous administration in U.S. history.

And another one. Yawn, guy. I wish Obama was as devious as you all think he is. He'd be more effective.

OH, by the way, Admiral Yamamoto never said the thing in your tagline.

FactCheck.org : Misquoting Yamamoto

Advocates of gun rights often argue that in World War II Japan was deterred from invading the U.S. mainland by a fear of American citizens with guns in their closets. They frequently quote Japan’s Admiral Isoroku Yamamoto as saying: "You cannot invade mainland United States. There would be a rifle behind each blade of grass."

But this quote is unsubstantiated and almost certainly bogus, even though it has been repeated thousands of times in various Internet postings. There is no record of the commander in chief of Japan’s wartime fleet ever saying it.

How do we know? We contacted Donald M. Goldstein, sometimes called "the dean of Pearl Harbor historians." Among his many books are "The Pearl Harbor Papers: Inside the Japanese Plans" (1993) and the best-selling "At Dawn We Slept: The Untold Story of Pearl Harbor" (1981). He is a professor at the Graduate School of Public and International Affairs at the University of Pittsburgh. He told us the supposed Yamamoto quote is "bogus."

Can you actually find a credible historical source that actually has Yamamoto making that quote?

Here's the thing. The Japanese NEVER INTENDED to invade the American homeland. Their goal was to expand into China. The best they hoped for was to grind the US down into a stalemate and then get the concessions they wanted. (Incidently, this was the same strategy they used in their war with Russia in 1905.)

The one thing Yamamoto (who had served as a Naval Attache in the 1920's) did think was that a war with America was a bad idea. So did most of the Imperial Navy. The Army thought it was a wonderful idea, and they ran the government. But it was because of our industrial capacity, not because they feared rednecks with guns in the weeds.

So somehow the "editing" made Zimmerman saying "fucking coons" less incriminating?

Watched it last night, done by Redford but very good.
It could never happen today, people just don't care about what is happening.

There is a lot that was done by Bush that we need to know more about...but Obama is a disgrace and yes, a traitor.

But the Left does not care.

It saddens me that this nation is floundering under the weight of moral relativity......but it is the only way to justify what has happened over the last 13 years.

Robert Redford's Watergate Doc Gets April Debut On Discovery - Deadline.com

I watched that show, too, and you are wrong. As they pointed out, if Watergate happened today, it would be blogged in real time. There'd be umpteen Tweets a day about it. HuffPo would be all over it. Maddow. MSNBC. Nixon wouldn't know what hit him.

And there is the real problem. We are I the opposite position today where leaders of this country have to be to clean that they virtually don’t exist.

Where Watergate was an example of what people cared about before because of the need for actual reporting to get any news across, now Rubio’s ‘watergate’ is the new scandal because it can be tweeted about in 2 lines. It is rather sad what we allow to pass for political ‘news’ these days. Any candidates that might have actually been good at the job they are applying for are already cut out because at some point in their past they made one misstatement and are now unelectable. An actual scandal would be unprecedented.

Like I said hack, you just don't care.

Airplane Bomber.
Ft. Hood
Benghazi.
Boston.

Now stfu and go play elsewhere.

He was warned and refused to do anything. to stop ANY of them.

That make him a traitor, American's keep dying because he refuses to act to protect them.

There is a lot that was done by Bush that we need to know more about...but Obama is a disgrace and yes, a traitor.

Evidence?

Submit documented, objective evidence and everyone will care.

Otherwise, as a partisan hack, you’re only ‘saddened’ the president was re-elected.

Nope, I am right....it has happened today and it is stonewalled at every turn.

You have but to look around you right here on this board, the Left simply does not care what Obama does they will protect him at all costs.

Ft. Hood and Detroit, Boston and Benghazi are ALL worse than Watergate....and even you still cover for this Boi King.

I watched that show, too, and you are wrong. As they pointed out, if Watergate happened today, it would be blogged in real time. There'd be umpteen Tweets a day about it. HuffPo would be all over it. Maddow. MSNBC. Nixon wouldn't know what hit him.

Apparently crayon boy has no idea what moral relativity actually is.

Yeah....we need to get back to burning epileptics & schizophrenics at the stake....for being "possessed"....just like God wants it!!!

Airplane Bomber.
Ft. Hood
Benghazi.
Boston.

That make him a traitor, American's keep dying because he refuses to act to protect them.

Evidence?

Otherwise, as a partisan hack, you’re only ‘saddened’ the president was re-elected.

Are you sure he is not just an inexperienced ideologue that can't give up what he believes for the safety of others? I don't believe Obama to be a traitor I just don't think he knows what he is doing. What I think wrong is his administration killing Americans without trial, grand jury or judicial review. That just ain't right and in my opinion is a true war crime.

This would assume that EVERYONE in EVERY Dept is also inept.

I don't believe that to be true about the CIA, the FBI...or Military Intelligence.

His admin had EVERY opportunity to stop EACH of these things and did not do it.

In his attempt to placate Islam he even refuses to use the word Islamic in conjunction to the word Terror.

....and before anyone goes off on me claiming I supported Nixon's treachery, I do/did not and am happy that he was impeached.

Airplane Bomber.
Ft. Hood
Benghazi.
Boston.

Evidence?

Are you sure he is not just an inexperienced ideologue that can't give up what he believes for the safety of others? I don't believe Obama to be a traitor I just don't think he knows what he is doing. What I think wrong is his administration killing Americans without trial, grand jury or judicial review. That just ain't right and in my opinion is a true war crime.

And there is the real problem. We are I the opposite position today where leaders of this country have to be to clean that they virtually don’t exist.

Where Watergate was an example of what people cared about before because of the need for actual reporting to get any news across, now Rubio’s ‘watergate’ is the new scandal because it can be tweeted about in 2 lines. It is rather sad what we allow to pass for political ‘news’ these days. Any candidates that might have actually been good at the job they are applying for are already cut out because at some point in their past they made one misstatement and are now unelectable. An actual scandal would be unprecedented.

People cared about Watergate because the media had a stake in it. There were a hundred scandals far more important than a 3rd rate burglary during the Clinton administration but the people didn't care because the media didn't care. What could be more juicy than a high ranking member of the administration who may have had a relationship with the 1st lady found dead in an obscure D.C. park without his car keys? The media wasn't interested. The same goes for the Fast/Furious coverup and the Benghazi debacle. If the media isn't outraged the people aren't.

Forum List

Back