🌟 Exclusive 2024 Prime Day Deals! 🌟

Unlock unbeatable offers today. Shop here: https://amzn.to/4cEkqYs 🎁

We are in a Holy War ! like it or not 's its the truth !

Well, if we are in a holy war, then I guess that I am excused, since I am an atheist, and don't believe in "holiness".

I wish it had been this easy in Vietnam....

Yep, it's none of my business.

I wonder how they're gonna round up all 1.5 billion Muslims?

What failure? What lie? I just got through saying we shouldn't have hijacked this thread about the war against radical Islam. The diversion was not intended...just happened.

..and atheism is just a religion without a god.

Is Atheism an Ism Atheism is No Religion Philosophy Ideology Belief System
and
Is Atheism a Religion

Atheism is Not a Religion:
Many Christians seem to believe that atheism is a religion, but no one with an accurate understanding of both concepts would make such a mistake. Atheism lacks every one of the characteristics of religion. At most, atheism doesn’t explicitly exclude most of them, but the same can be said for almost anything. Thus, it’s not possible to call atheism a religion. It can be part of a religion, but it can’t be a religion by itself. They are completely different categories: atheism is the absence of one particular belief while religion is a complex web of traditions and beliefs. Atheism is Not a Religion...

(Do keep in mind the above links are from YOUR source...)

That said, I will digress to the OP's topic since it is apparent that you have nothing but bullshit to say and zero interest in an honest, intelligent discussion on the matter in either case. Do enjoy the blinders you think some how give YOU the right or need to expound your verbal hatred and anger toward those who simply do not believe in the same shit you happen to.

What failure? What lie? I just got through saying we shouldn't have hijacked this thread about the war against radical Islam. The diversion was not intended...just happened.

and
Is Atheism a Religion

Many Christians seem to believe that atheism is a religion, but no one with an accurate understanding of both concepts would make such a mistake. Atheism lacks every one of the characteristics of religion. At most, atheism doesn’t explicitly exclude most of them, but the same can be said for almost anything. Thus, it’s not possible to call atheism a religion. It can be part of a religion, but it can’t be a religion by itself. They are completely different categories: atheism is the absence of one particular belief while religion is a complex web of traditions and beliefs. Atheism is Not a Religion...

That said, I will digress to the OP's topic since it is apparent that you have nothing but bullshit to say and zero interest in an honest, intelligent discussion on the matter in either case. Do enjoy the blinders you think some how give YOU the right or need to expound your verbal hatred and anger toward those who simply do not believe in the same shit you happen to.
You have your opinion. I have mine. Austin Cline has his. The fact is that all atheists share the disbelief in a higher being. The fact that they may have little else in common means nothing.

I do not hate atheists. I detest their attempts to interfere with the rights of others to express their beliefs. As I said earlier, I commend your live-and-let-live approach.

So your conclusion about me is incorrect and illogical.

Adios, my friend! ...and may God be with you!:biggrin:

and
Is Atheism a Religion

You have your opinion. I have mine. Austin Cline has his. The fact is that all atheists share the disbelief in a higher being. The fact that they may have little else in common means nothing.

I do not hate atheists. I detest their attempts to interfere with the rights of others to express their beliefs. As I said earlier, I commend your live-and-let-live approach.

So your conclusion about me is incorrect and illogical.

Adios, my friend! ...and may God be with you!:biggrin:

Strawman worship.

The fact that they have little else in common is the whole point. You can put a bucket over your head and pretend you're in some other world where imaginary proselytizers sell the idea of Nothingness but then again, that's the same thing organized religion does so... your loss.

I just love the way you set up a giant strawman and then put the word "logic" in the same post. Funny stuff.

Strawman worship.

The fact that they have little else in common is the whole point. You can put a bucket over your head and pretend you're in some other world where imaginary proselytizers sell the idea of Nothingness but then again, that's the same thing organized religion does so... your loss.

I just love the way you set up a giant strawman and then put the word "logic" in the same post. Funny stuff.
You have your opinion...just like every living human. The fact that millions may agree with you means nothing unless backed up with facts. The same applies to me. I cannot prove that atheism is a religion and you cannot prove that it is not...regardless of how many atheists you get to agree with you.

Atheists may not attend "church services" in a building but they certainly enjoy the comfort factor in reading or hearing the works of their atheist activist "preachers", those pseudo-intellectual scholars that incessantly "spread the word".

Strawman worship.

You have your opinion...just like every living human. The fact that millions may agree with you means nothing unless backed up with facts. The same applies to me. I cannot prove that atheism is a religion and you cannot prove that it is not...regardless of how many atheists you get to agree with you.

Atheists may not attend "church services" in a building but they certainly enjoy the comfort factor in reading or hearing the works of their atheist activist "preachers", those pseudo-intellectual scholars that incessantly "spread the word".

"Opinion" doesn't even enter into it ---- your logic FAILS. Get it? You're dangling these vague ideas that have no grounding in reality. There is no "word" to "spread", nor would there be any purpose in doing so.

Choosing one's religious/spiritual basis is strictly a personal choice. There is no advantage to "spreading the word" unless you're selling something for your own personal gain. That may apply to organized religion but it cannot by definition apply to the absence thereof.

The idea that a non-religion is a religion is on its face absurd.

:dig:

"Opinion" doesn't even enter into it ---- your logic FAILS. Get it? You're dangling these vague ideas that have no grounding in reality. There is no "word" to "spread", nor would there be any purpose in doing so.

Choosing one's religious/spiritual basis is strictly a personal choice. There is no advantage to "spreading the word" unless you're selling something for your own personal gain. That may apply to organized religion but it cannot by definition apply to the absence thereof.

Your final statement is correct....also a strawman. The atheist activists (preachers of atheism) spread the word that there is no God, trying the sell the idea to others in return for the comfort of having a loyal crowd of followers.

doesn't help that jolted joe feeds into the 'holy war' rhetoric imo...

Vice President Joe Biden on Wednesday issued a sharp warning to ISIS militants, saying after the United States is done grieving the death of two American journalists, their killers will have to answer for their actions.
"They should know we will follow them to the gates of hell until they are brought to justice," he forcefully told an audience at an event on the New Hampshire-Maine border. "Because hell is where they will reside. Hell is where they will reside."

Biden opened his remarks in memory of Steven Sotloff, the journalist who was beheaded by ISIS militants Tuesday, two weeks after James Foley was executed in the same horrific manner on video. Foley was from New Hampshire, while Sotloff lived there for boarding school.

Biden U.S. will follow ISIS to the gates of hell - CNN.com

many on the left will not admit or accept this but it is true ! Islam has declared war on Christians and Jews all over the world ! and it is not just the so called radicals that are waging this war ! they get much of their support and funding from so called no radicle tolerant Mosque's Muslims,and Islamic countries ! we can only win by declaring war on Islam !

Good thing a nut like you is powerless and irrelevant, huh? We are NOT in a "holy war." Holy shit, get a hold of yourself.

same goes for bush and his 'axis of evil' moniker...'axis of terror' would have worked just fine, georgie!

many on the left will not admit or accept this but it is true ! Islam has declared war on Christians and Jews all over the world ! and it is not just the so called radicals that are waging this war ! they get much of their support and funding from so called no radicle tolerant Mosque's Muslims,and Islamic countries ! we can only win by declaring war on Islam !

Good thing a nut like you is powerless and irrelevant, huh? We are NOT in a "holy war." Holy shit, get a hold of yourself.

of course we know that is not the war WE wage but i just wish our leaders would smarten up.

Your final statement is correct....also a strawman. The atheist activists (preachers of atheism) spread the word that there is no God, trying the sell the idea to others in return for the comfort of having a loyal crowd of followers.

Here's your problem in a nutshell:
These atheist activists (preachers of atheism) do not exist. You can't "preach" a nonentity. There's no purpose in it. There is no "there" there.

It would be like if I tried to convince you to join the church of the flying spaghetti monster. What the fuck would be the point? Why would I even care?

Yyyyyeah, because when we went into WWII we declared war on Lutheranism and Shinto.

Oh wait...

I love the use of the word not's though. First time I've seen that. Kind of indicative of how much the poser poster is paying attention in general. No time to proofread when your hair's on fire.

Pogo, you're one of the more stupid posters on the board. Hitler was raised Catholic, not Lutheran, shit fer brains.

Did I notice that once Osama bin Laden's home country was single handedly defeated by brave Obama with a 9-iron, there were no more attacks on American interests. Especially not from Libyan forces that Obama had given millions in US Taxpayer funds to. Ambassador Stephens released a statement last week confirming your claim that Obama is not just a super-hero, but in fact god...

Yep, it wasn't Islam that attacked us, it was Alqaeds-Ville, which Capt. gayboi single handedly beat into submission. Now they have gay cabarets on every corner...

Strawman worship.

Personally, I see atheism as a Religion Substitute, akin to a sugar-substitute or salt-substitute.

It is what passes for spirituality in a soul which lacks such expression under the aegis of organized religion.

And, yes, our colleague is correct, insofar as a great many atheists are also atheist-activists, pushing the outside of the envelope, in attempting to strip society of as many of the trappings of religion as they can get away with.

Here's your problem in a nutshell:
I don't have a problem here.

Pogo said:
These atheist activists (preachers of atheism) do not exist.
YOU have a problem...

List of atheist activists and educators - Ask.com Encyclopedia

Read and weep. That's just a partial list of atheist activists.

Pogo said:
You can't "preach" a nonentity. There's no purpose in it. There is no "there" there.
By this commonly accepted definition, you are again mistaken:

preach
verb
Preach is defined as to give a speech or advice about morals or spirituality.
Preach dictionary definition preach defined

Pogo said:
It would be like if I tried to convince you to join the church of the flying spaghetti monster. What the fuck would be the point? Why would I even care?
Again you fail. You would be preaching and proselytizing for your belief in the flying spaghetti monster.

...and you would care in that any convert to your espoused belief would strengthen your mistaken belief that you are correct.

We are in a Holy War ! like it or not 's its the truth !

Death to Methodists! Presbyterians Rule!

No, that's not it. Us atheists are just jealous that god doesn't talk to us like he does to Pat Robinson.....

No, that's not it. Us atheists are just jealous that god doesn't talk to us like he does to Pat Robinson.....
If you don't believe that He exists, you'll not be inclined to think that it's Him talking....IF He ever bothers to talk to atheists.

Forum List

Back