"We Are Not A Democracy!"

It is a right wing talking point

its also a lie

You would be the expert on lies and lying... you piece of shit

You dont get to change the definitions of words for your politcal hackery

Which is it bitch?? Is a pure democracy democracy or not??

YOU are the one changing definitions, changing statements, and taking statements out of context to support your agenda...

Go jump off a bridge

I spend a lot of time as a volunteer at our local schools. I have observed that the teachers push the term ' democratic republic".
I believe the children are taught this so they don't come to believe that if enough people support a particular issue, it can become law.

example;
If a nationwide election were held that included a referendum to abolish all religious institutions in the USA, even if 99.9% of voters supported it, it would not be legal to do so under our existing constitution.

The introduction of this new principle of representative democracy has rendered useless almost everything written before on the structure of government; Thomas Jefferson \

I will go with jefferson rather then you

I do not understand what the point is you are attempting to make, please clarify. Because to me, what I said is right in line with Jefferson's quote you posted.

Democracy - Definition and More from the Free Merriam-Webster Dictionary

de·moc·ra·cy
noun \di-ˈmä-krə-sē\
pluralde·moc·ra·cies

Definition of DEMOCRACY

a: government by the people; especially: rule of the majority

b: a government in which the supreme power is vested in the people and exercised by them directly or indirectly through a system of representation usually involving periodically held free elections

a democracy is the right name for many types of government.

We are included in that.

I think the right cooked up that lime of BS to demean the democractic party.

The same as they cooked up calling it the democrat party instead of using its proper name.

Or is it a way for the minority to justify trying to cram their agenda down the throats of the majority???

so rule by the majority is cramming things down the majoritys throat?

your insane

I think you misread my post. I said that attempting to put all the focus on the Republic aspect of our democratic republic, and downplaying the democratic as pect ... is used as a justification for allowing a minority to cram their agenda down the throat of the majority.

de·moc·ra·cy
noun \di-ˈmä-krə-sē\
pluralde·moc·ra·cies

Definition of DEMOCRACY

b: a government in which the supreme power is vested in the people and exercised by them directly or indirectly through a system of representation usually involving periodically held free elections

And we are not set up for rule by the people.. or by the majority.... we have a constitution to protect against it

Go kill yourself and make the world a better place

We are included in that.

The same as they cooked up calling it the democrat party instead of using its proper name.
I think you're absolutely right.

Or is it a way for the minority to justify trying to cram their agenda down the throats of the majority???

your insane

I think you misread my post. I said that attempting to put all the focus on the Republic aspect of our democratic republic, and downplaying the democratic as pect ... is used as a justification for allowing a minority to cram their agenda down the throat of the majority.

Oh sorry my friend it was my mistake.

I understand you now and completely agree with you

We are included in that.

I think you're absolutely right.

They also dont want people to like democracy because it implies everyone should vote.

they dont like everyone voting because they dont win elections when more people vote.

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8GBAsFwPglw]Paul Weyrich - "I don't want everybody to vote" (Goo Goo) - YouTube[/ame]

de·moc·ra·cy
noun \di-ˈmä-krə-sē\
pluralde·moc·ra·cies

Definition of DEMOCRACY

And we are not set up for rule by the people.. or by the majority.... we have a constitution to protect against it

Go kill yourself and make the world a better place

A pure democracy is not the same as Democracy is it?

your quote from me is right huh?

EVERY dictionary and encyclopedia in the world agree with me

your insane

Oh sorry my friend it was my mistake.

I understand you now and completely agree with you

My bad, I often type like I have a mouth full of marbles.

kats what is the definition of the word democracy?

1 B covers the general Republican definition...I'm not sure why they go so crazy over the definition. It's either ignorance or radical political rhetoric.

Definition of DEMOCRACY

a : government by the people; especially : rule of the majority
b : a government in which the supreme power is vested in the people and exercised by them directly or indirectly through a system of representation usually involving periodically held free elections

: a political unit that has a democratic government

capitalized : the principles and policies of the Democratic party in the United States <from emancipation Republicanism to New Deal Democracy &#8212; C. M. Roberts>

: the common people especially when constituting the source of political authority

: the absence of hereditary or arbitrary class distinctions or privileges
See democracy
Source: Democracy - Definition and More from the Free Merriam-Webster Dictionary

I spell for crap and type for shit.

it makes no differance in a place like this because it shouldbe about content and communication and not as if its a college dissertation

kats what is the definition of the word democracy?

1 b covers the general republican definition...i'm not sure why they go so crazy over the definition. It's either ignorance or radical political rhetoric.

definition of democracy

a : government by the people; especially : Rule of the majority
b : a government in which the supreme power is vested in the people and exercised by them directly or indirectly through a system of representation usually involving periodically held free elections

: A political unit that has a democratic government

capitalized : The principles and policies of the democratic party in the united states <from emancipation republicanism to new deal democracy — c. M. Roberts>

: The common people especially when constituting the source of political authority

: The absence of hereditary or arbitrary class distinctions or privileges
see democracy
source: democracy - definition and more from the free merriam-webster dictionary

bingo

Forum List

Back