We are now Patriot Act free

Quit acting like things are shut down, I guarantee there was a secret EO telling the NSA to keep on trucking. That is more worrisome than the NSA being hogtied to the legal process as it should be.
The government is shutting down this one public because it's private replacement has ALREADY been built. You think Hillary's server was a fluke?

If you catch one there has to be another. Because that server is wired BOTH ways. To bad those emails were thought to be worthless and destroyed by her. I would feel a LOT safer if I knew what she was doing while she was SUPPOSED to be working for me.
All Emails sent over the internet are trapped and stored by the NSA. So fail. The NSA has control over every backbone server in the US. Everything any of us has ever sent since around 2006 is still there, Hilary included, it just can't be used in open court.
If it can't be used in open court how do you jail the guilty? Oh you can't because YOUR Justice Department IS a political branch by the Oval office.

So if I am the president all I need to do is walked down a hall and tell someone who works for ME. Quash it! No problem there right?
In terrorism cases the information may be used to get a secret warrant for legal surveillance that may later be used in court. I do not support Obama's actions on this issue. Bulk collection and storage of private information must stop. The tyranny potential is too great to justify any security it buys.
Agreed in American. But to and from a muslim country? Read it.
Then we are in complete agreement. Surveillance for foreign threats is their mission, not watching us. That's actually the FBIs job, which is another can of worms as they have taken over a lot of domestic surveillance ahead of this thing.

The government is shutting down this one public because it's private replacement has ALREADY been built. You think Hillary's server was a fluke?

If you catch one there has to be another. Because that server is wired BOTH ways. To bad those emails were thought to be worthless and destroyed by her. I would feel a LOT safer if I knew what she was doing while she was SUPPOSED to be working for me.
All Emails sent over the internet are trapped and stored by the NSA. So fail. The NSA has control over every backbone server in the US. Everything any of us has ever sent since around 2006 is still there, Hilary included, it just can't be used in open court.
If it can't be used in open court how do you jail the guilty? Oh you can't because YOUR Justice Department IS a political branch by the Oval office.

So if I am the president all I need to do is walked down a hall and tell someone who works for ME. Quash it! No problem there right?
In terrorism cases the information may be used to get a secret warrant for legal surveillance that may later be used in court. I do not support Obama's actions on this issue. Bulk collection and storage of private information must stop. The tyranny potential is too great to justify any security it buys.
Then we are in complete agreement. Surveillance for foreign threats is their mission, not watching us. That's actually the FBIs job, which is another can of worms as they have taken over a lot of domestic surveillance ahead of this thing.
Yes.

The FBI needs to go after the drug cartels like they did the mob.
The RICO laws would go a long way in doing that. I have issue with DHS. They need to have their ass on the border because that is where the homeland starts.

And this is exactly why Rand Paul should be our next president. He actually does something instead of just talking about it. He's the only candidate exhibiting true leadership.

I am a big fan of his, but I also like Cruz, Walker and Fiorina. I could even stand Kucinich and Perry. I will not tolerate Graham, Jeb or Crispy.

The RICO laws would go a long way in doing that. I have issue with DHS. They need to have their ass on the border because that is where the homeland starts.
US customs and border protection is a department of Homeland security. The FBI does go after organized crime in a big way but it has always been a stalemate, US demand for contraband means someone will always supply it. It's an endless game of whack-a-mole.

The patriot act has not expired, but certain provisions have expired..

Even Obama wanted those provisions to be extended.

However if any thinks this will stop any domestic "spying" think again..

....but for how long? Hopefully, evermore.

For three days. There's a pesky thing called "inevitability." Good for Rand Paul, though. But in my personal opinion, he just ended his presidential campaign before it even started. Usually people who actually stand for something are shot down, quickly.

US customs and border protection is a department of Homeland security. The FBI does go after organized crime in a big way but it has always been a stalemate, US demand for contraband means someone will always supply it. It's an endless game of whack-a-mole.
Years ago before Japan became "civilized" they killed drug smugglers on the first offense and I think the Aussies did as well.
Hit the smugglers and quit with the dealers here.

Your fighting a snake in the middle. Start killing smugglers and watch the price go so high nobody can afford to even handle it.
Picture a gram of cocaine equal to a gram of gold. Now whose buying. The rich. So who is losing their drugs? The poor.

By the way, Rand Paul has said some pretty idiotic "Republicans created ISIS" stuff. I like the guy, I liked his father. But if he doesn't rein that stuff in, he's toast. Whether the Patriot Act is any good or not, toying with national security is a no-no with the core Republican base.

....but for how long? Hopefully, evermore.

For three days. Good for Rand Paul, though. But in my personal opinion, he just ended his presidential campaign before it even started.

I think that position will elevate him, but we shall see...

No not really, he knows he is not much of a contender so he has to do some grandstanding to get noticed. The problem is that grandstanding probably pushed out any chance he had. Although I a glad he did it.

By the way, Rand Paul has said some pretty idiotic "Republicans created ISIS" stuff. I like the guy, I liked his father. But if he doesn't rein that stuff in, he's toast. Whether the Patriot Act is any good or not, toying with national security is a no-no with the core Republican base.

In this case it was also Obama that thought it was a bad thing as well.

Has Hilary also been silent on this? Has the so called press pressured on an answer from her?

Although I a glad he did it.

Of course, I'm glad he did it too. But he's a goner. If all he did was to raise awareness, so be it. But blaming his own party for the creation of the most barbaric terror groups in the last decade is a bit much. His comments on abortion are genius though. Sheer act of brilliance.

In this case it was also Obama that thought it was a bad thing as well.

During the government shutdown, Obama played the National Security card against the Republicans. He doesn't give a damn either way.

Although I a glad he did it.

Of course, I'm glad he did it too. But he's a goner. If all he did was to raise awareness, so be it. But blaming his own party for the creation of the most barbaric terror groups in the last decade is a bit much. His comments on abortion are genius though. Sheer act of brilliance.

Well does he claim to be a republican?

Forum List

Back