we are teaching young people to hate

The con-servatives ran from the Democrat Party and the country in order to keep their slaves.
The Repubican Party was founded specifically to fight slavery. Where did these so-called conservatives go, when the democrat party was the slavery party?
The con-servatives ran again from the Democrat Party to keep their segregation.
Then you should have a laundry list of democrat politicians that switched. There isn't one.

The Repubican Party was founded specifically to fight slavery. Where did these so-called conservatives go, when the democrat party was the slavery party?

Then you should have a laundry list of democrat politicians that switched. There isn't one.
Conservatives did not free the slaves. By definition conservatives are anti change. I think it might have been on this forum recently when discussion to best times in the country some of the "Republicans" insisted that was the antebellum south. Do you agree?

Conservatives did not free the slaves. By definition conservatives are anti change. I think it might have been on this forum recently when discussion to best times in the country some of the "Republicans" insisted that was the antebellum south. Do you agree?
IOW, conservatives were democrats and remained democrats because democrats supported slavery. Slavery is not supported by conservatives or liberals today because most everyone recognizes it as an unmitigated evil.

And your definition of conservative is far too simplistic and rigid. Conservatives embrace change after analyzing it and deciding that it's worth doing. They do not support change simply because it's new and shiny. That would be like encouraging young teenagers to transition to the other gender because they're not comfortable in their changing bodies.

Face it, today's conservatives are classic liberals. They champion individual freedom and protection of liberties such as free speech. They champion limited government overreach, and they're just plain good people.

IOW, conservatives were democrats and remained democrats because democrats supported slavery. Slavery is not supported by conservatives or liberals today because most everyone recognizes it as an unmitigated evil.

And your definition of conservative is far too simplistic and rigid. Conservatives embrace change after analyzing it and deciding that it's worth doing. They do not support change simply because it's new and shiny. That would be like encouraging young teenagers to transition to the other gender because they're not comfortable in their changing bodies.

Face it, today's conservatives are classic liberals. They champion individual freedom and protection of liberties such as free speech. They champion limited government overreach, and they're just plain good people.
I think of myself as a classic pragmatic conservative, but it is absolutely impossible for me to go or in any way be affiliated with the Trumpster wing of the Republican party.

Forum List

Back