We are under a blizzard warning until 9pm tonight.

A blizzard???
I haven't heard this term relative to our weather in years.
Our winds right now are gusting into the 30's and they're saying they will hit 50mph by midday with heavy nonstop snow.

At least it's a Sunday and not a work day

‘Near whiteout conditions’ expected as KC area braces for possible blizzard

I'm stuck in a Super 8 in Hays KS. I feel your pain.
The highway closed there? (I-70)
Yeah. I had the bright idea of stopping here instead of driving through to Denver last night. :(
I feel for you based on the drive alone. Long ass flat boring stretch of road. Nothing to see but windmills lol

Yes. A coworker told me he was envious of the drive, because I'd have time for real contemplation. Time to think about my life and all the bad decisions I've made, like deciding to drive across Kansas.

A blizzard???
I haven't heard this term relative to our weather in years.
Our winds right now are gusting into the 30's and they're saying they will hit 50mph by midday with heavy nonstop snow.

At least it's a Sunday and not a work day

‘Near whiteout conditions’ expected as KC area braces for possible blizzard

I'm stuck in a Super 8 in Hays KS. I feel your pain.
The highway closed there? (I-70)
Yeah. I had the bright idea of stopping here instead of driving through to Denver last night. :(
I feel for you based on the drive alone. Long ass flat boring stretch of road. Nothing to see but windmills lol

Yes. A coworker told me he was envious of the drive, because I'd have time for real contemplation. Time to think about my life and all the bad decisions I've made, like deciding to drive across Kansas.
Lol

It gets better past Limon Colorado. How much snow you think they got where you're at?

There's not much snow - few inches - it's just blowing like mad, whiteout style. I should be good once the wind gives up.

There's not much snow - few inches - it's just blowing like mad, whiteout style. I should be good once the wind gives up.

I grew up in a really flat area of Ohio farmland. I'm telling you blowing snow is no joke. We'd get say, 10 inches of snow, miss a day of school, then miss the next two because the roads would just blow over. Plows couldn't keep up.

Now I have to decide whether to try 40, or wait until 70 opens back up.... hmmm

Now I have to decide whether to try 40, or wait until 70 opens back up.... hmmm
40 will likely be in worse shape than the main highway. Too risky in bad weather. If you go make sure to have blankets and other safety gear

In SE Michigan it starts at 5 am tomorrow but it'll be 40 at that time. It'll be 36 all day (snow ends at noon). I can't imagine it even accumulating but that's what they're predicting.

Bummer.
Was hoping it would nail further north. Passing too far south of us.

Actually looking forward to snow.
Ready for the snowmobile season, nothing but dry ground and cold. Lakes are freezing up nice though. Ice fishing shacks going up on local small lakes already.
What are the first and last pickup-through-the-ice dates?

9.1 inches of snow is the record for KC in November. It was set almost a hundred years ago
As a kid, I re,member that we always got snow on Thanksgiving Day in Kansas City. Kansas. I have a house there. Wish one of the neighbors would plow out my driveway. The house is empty.

Last edited:

Forum List

Back