We DO Need Large Capacity Magazines

What does that have to do with high capacity magazines? It is still MY body. It can't be modified to spray bullets two blocks away. Y'all aren't even comparing two kinds of fruit.

we're still talking about taking a life. abortions take more lives than guns too. far more lives than high capacity magazines too

I'll also point out how REGULATED abortion is.

how regulated is it? anyone can get one. some people even get them paid for with aid. you can get as many as you want too. Nothing says, ok you've had two, now no more.

What does that have to do with high capacity magazines? It is still MY body. It can't be modified to spray bullets two blocks away. Y'all aren't even comparing two kinds of fruit.

we're still talking about taking a life. abortions take more lives than guns too. far more lives than high capacity magazines too
That's because abortion virtually always takes a life.
Simple ownership/posession of a gun virtually never does.

That's because abortion virtually always takes a life.
Simple ownership/posession of a gun virtually never does.

exactly, with about 300,000,000 guns in the usa 0.000027 of them result in a homicide. if you look at these deadly assault weapons with high capacity magazines the number is like 0.00000109. we are talking percentages so small here.

Last edited:
I think the second amendment had to have been divine inspiration. Because for sure some of you nutters worship your guns. Do you bow down to them and pray before you fire? Is that where the idea of "pray and spray" comes from? Good God Almighty, you'll loves your guns. Is there a church that puts guns on pedestals?

You know what guys? Them guns, they ain't the holy grail.

I think the second amendment had to have been divine inspiration. Because for sure some of you nutters worship your guns. Do you bow down to them and pray before you fire? Is that where the idea of "pray and spray" comes from? Good God Almighty, you'll loves your guns. Is there a church that puts guns on pedestals?

Thanks, Corky.

Good to see that you are proud - damned proud - of your mindlessness, ignorance and bigorty.

religious freedom is a right too. so we have two rights on our side. stop trying to infringe upon them

do you have any ideas how many Americans back such legislation?

Do you remember how many Americans JUST LOVED Jim Crow laws back before the 60's?

Argumentum ad Populum is a logical fallacy for this reason. More-so when what you are trying to infringe on is a right.

~~~~~~
Yes I do remember, they were all Democrats, Especailly people like George Wallace, Bull Conner, and the Governor of Arkansas. Hmm... Didn't Eisenhower have to send in the military to desegregate Arkansas schools from a Democrat Governor.

Do we have to go through the list of everything you sheep don't "need" again?

Mind your own business and I'll mind mine.

Dude, all I can say to this is...crack kills.

I don't need to justify why I want a large capacity magazine.

Do columnists, Pundits, authors, or Politicians need to justify how many words they use while exercising their 1st amendment rights?

Yeah. 2nd ammendment and militia's and other outdated bullshit. Mr. Tyranny.

I love the outlandish stupidity of the "outdated" argument. Think long and hard about the fact that the Second Amendment was written to maintain power in the hands of the people, it had nothing to do with hunting. I'd argue that tyranny is very much alive today as it was in 1787, maybe even more so. Preventing tyranny is exactly why our Founders saw fit to maintain an armed populace. Unfortunately for you Liberal idiots, some of us aren't buying into your utopian dreams, and will fight very hard to prevent you, and your fellow numbskulls (who place your twisted ideology before your Country, and the Freedom of its people) from realizing your irrational utopian dreams. You leftist loons won the election because America has never seen the levels of people living off the Taxpayer's dime, as we do today - so unfortunately, you are in the slight majority. The fact that real Americans don't embrace every liberal attempt at usurping people's Freedoms to realize their agenda is why, even in victory (Obama's reelection) liberals are still just as rotten and nasty as they've ever been. You want to live in tents and sing Kumbaya that's your choice, but get it through your tiny liberal brains... Some of us don't share your utopian fantasy and when it comes to protecting America and the idea's on which it was founded, we are going to fight for it. And my apologies if that pisses you off but like it or not, some of us prefer America over liberal dreamworlds like Sweden, and we intend to keep it that way.

do you have any ideas how many Americans back such legislation?

I do have some concept of how many Americans back the legislations:

American News - Independent poll:

Should the federal government regulate guns of any type?
Yes........................28% (272883)
No.........................71% (681207

Should Congress ban semi-automatic weapons?
Yes........................22% (217420)
No.........................77% (743035)

If Congress does not act should President Obama use an executive order to ban or strictly control the sale of semi-automatic weapons?
Yes.........................20% (197623)
No..........................79% (761568)

Do you agree that the Second Amendment gives citizens the right to own and bear guns without infringement?
Yes..........................81% (779447)
No............................18% (180405)

...and last, but not least, we need large capacity magazines in case we find ourselves in the middle of a herd of panicked bison, stampeding out of Yellowstone Park, because they had spotted Ted Turner!!!!!!

We DO Need Large Capacity Magazines​

6 February, 2013 | JTR

One of the most talked about components of gun control legislation is a magazine capacity limit. Proponents of gun control will often question why anyone needs more than X number of rounds (often 10) in their magazine. This is usually answered with a response about how it isn’t about what we “need” or with an analogy like “why does anyone need a car that goes faster than the speed limit.” Both of these answers are true but they leave a lot to be desired because there are practical reasons for why we actually do need magazines with larger capacities.

Many of the people who are proposing this legislation have an agenda beyond public safety so they are unlikely to listen to reason. However, there may be those who you come across in your everyday life that genuinely do want to know why someone might need magazine capacities of 10 or more. Much of their misunderstanding of why these higher capacities can be dispelled by addressing 3 main misconceptions/preconceived notions about the nature of terminal ballistics and what really happens in a gunfight:
People die immediately upon being shot.

It is easy to shoot a moving person.

You will face only a single attacker

(Excerpt)

Read more:
www.jerkingthetrigger.com ...

One reason is some people can't shoot for shit and need the extra bullets.

Criminals still have them, so if we are to be able to defend ourselves against the scum, how can we do that without having equal fire power? It's funny how the government doesn't trust average, law abiding citizens, but if you can make it through 6 weeks of basic training or get through the police academy, then you can have them.

I don't trust Obama and don't believe he's had an extensive enough background check to be president. He can kill people at will without having to explain himself. He has does nothing to earn that trust. I don't find his judgement to be sound and believe he is one of the most biased men we have ever had in office.

We DO Need Large Capacity Magazines​

6 February, 2013 | JTR

One of the most talked about components of gun control legislation is a magazine capacity limit. Proponents of gun control will often question why anyone needs more than X number of rounds (often 10) in their magazine. This is usually answered with a response about how it isn’t about what we “need” or with an analogy like “why does anyone need a car that goes faster than the speed limit.” Both of these answers are true but they leave a lot to be desired because there are practical reasons for why we actually do need magazines with larger capacities.

Many of the people who are proposing this legislation have an agenda beyond public safety so they are unlikely to listen to reason. However, there may be those who you come across in your everyday life that genuinely do want to know why someone might need magazine capacities of 10 or more. Much of their misunderstanding of why these higher capacities can be dispelled by addressing 3 main misconceptions/preconceived notions about the nature of terminal ballistics and what really happens in a gunfight:
People die immediately upon being shot.

It is easy to shoot a moving person.

You will face only a single attacker

(Excerpt)

Read more:
www.jerkingthetrigger.com ...

We don't need?

If I lived in California, I'd be concerned about the next big earthquake and what I WILL need for protection at that time I don't think 30 round magazines will be enough.

Forum List

Back