We DO Need Large Capacity Magazines

If large capacity magazines are a good idea in an urban environment, I wonder why the police don't use them....

You do know NYPD cops use 11-15 round magazines, right? This is considered high capacity by the new Insipid NYS law.

If large capacity magazines are a good idea in an urban environment, I wonder why the police don't use them....
You're joking ?
Police_0.jpg

oldman.jpg

Texas%2Bpolicemen%2Bpose%2Bwith%2Ba%2Bdrone.png

Is that supposed to be ironic?

You realize most police departments use high capacity magazines in their sidearms, right?

From the LAPD website:

Glock:

9mm: Model 34, magazine capacity 17
Model 17, magazine capacity 17
Model 19, magazine capacity 15

.40 caliber: Model 35, magazine capacity 15
Model 22, magazine capacity 15
Model 23, magazine capacity 13

.45 caliber: Model 21, magazine capacity 13

Further, the SWAT teams I've seen practicing at the range all use AR platform rifles with 30 round magazines.

You were kidding, right???

You really wonder that? When was the last time you saw a cop anywhere carry a six shot revolver?

Well, I am a uniformed Sheriff's Auxcillary Volunteer, and the only deputies in my county that carry high capacity magazines are on the SWAT team, so I guess that we are just whimps down here in Southern AZ. I personally think that the average civilian does not need to be armed like a SWAT team member. Our deputies carry 9 shot 9 MM's, and when i am packing, which is whenever I ride my motorcycle into the desert, so do I.

Last edited:

You really wonder that? When was the last time you saw a cop anywhere carry a six shot revolver?

Well, I am a uniformed Sheriff's Auxcillary Volunteer, and the only deputies in my county that carry high capacity magazines are on the SWAT team, so I guess that we are just whimps down here in Southern AZ. I personally think that the average civilian does not need to be armed like a SWAT team member.

Which county ?

Well, I am a uniformed Sheriff's Auxcillary Volunteer, and the only deputies in my county that carry high capacity magazines are on the SWAT team, so I guess that we are just whimps down here in Southern AZ. I personally think that the average civilian does not need to be armed like a SWAT team member.

Which county ?

That's a little TMI.

Which county ?

That's a little TMI.

Of course.

There isn't a county in AZ who does not allow their sworn deputies to carry the full capacity magazine for their duty arm.....most often the Glock, S&W or SIG.

Of course.

There isn't a county in AZ who does not allow their sworn deputies to carry the full capacity magazine for their duty arm.....most often the Glock, S&W or SIG.

Link please.

Our deputies cary one clip in the gun, and another on their belt.

How many "bullets" does yer "clip" hold Deputy Fife ?

Getting kind of personal, there, arncha, Loop? Besides, I answered that question in my post above. I do not carry a service weapon. My personal 9 MM holds 8 rounds, plus 1.

How many "bullets" does yer "clip" hold Deputy Fife ?

Getting kind of personal, there, arncha, Loop? Besides, I answered that question in my post above. I do not carry a service weapon. My personal 9 MM holds 8 rounds, plus 1.

What duty arms does your agency allow its deputies to choose from ?

Enough about me, and where I volunteer, Loop. Let's talk about where YOU live, and where YOU work, and your employer's policies. It would be much more interesting to me!

Enough about me, and where I volunteer, Loop. Let's talk about where YOU live, and where YOU work, and your employer's policies. It would be much more interesting to me!

You brought your personal law enforcement experience into it for credibility.

And have been categorically refuted on every point, left only to deflect.

Something tells me you don't post and stand behind a sole known ID representing for your point of view.

But I got a casted foot, a bottle of pain pills and an espresso machine......I got time for trolls.

Working as a crossing guard and school traffic monitor is not the same as being a police officer.

It's not a question of need it's a question of want do I need a high capacity magazine no I just might want one do some people need a Ferrari or a Lamborghini cars that can go well over 100 mph no but they just might want one.

Forum List

Back