We have a Pope

Apparently, Bergoglio came in second in the last papal election.

Just wonderful eh?

On April 15, 2005, a human rights lawyer filed a criminal complaint against Bergoglio, accusing him of conspiring with the junta in 1976.

He is a conservative and a jesuit. He Was in Argentina assisting the junta in the 70's.

Great first a hitler youth pope now someone who helped the rightwing Junta!!!!:sad::sad:

some history

Uncovering the Crimes of Argentina's Junta | PRI's The World

A Hispanic Pope seems like a pretty good choice by the Catholic Church in this time in history. Libs will probably find a way to hate him.

I adhere to no religion.

He is still the pope of the world

He is Pope to people who recognize his authority in that role.
We all have a role to play, we all have authority over the things within our jurisdiction.

We are each responsible for fulfilling our unique role, equally as the President or the Pope or anyone else in their respective part of the human network.

It is how we apply and deal with authority that makes a difference
if we are working in unison and harmony or working against each other in conflict.
Hopefully we will learn to harmonize like an orchestra, with many diverse
instruments in different sections, all playing different music in different keys,
but all necessary for the symphony of life to be complete and perfect as it is written to be!

I adhere to no religion.

oh bullshit.....maybe to the Catholics.....he is just another guy who puts his pants on the same way as anyone else.....and will live in a place lined with gold and silver.....Jesus would be proud....

I believe he has a very deep calling
to unite the people in overcoming the issues facing
the South, Central, Latin and North American regions
with a focus on ending the crisis of drug and human trafficking.

Big job. Big calling.
it will take all the people rallying around the leadership
to clean up the church, state, and corporations and take back responsibility
for RESTITUTION AND CORRECTION for all this abuse and addiction killing the economy and whole countries in an ongoing genocide. Wow.

http://www.houstonprogressive.org/genocide.html

I don't envy him for the job facing him and the Catholic Church,
and had visions myself of the entire prison system being
reformed under Restorative Justice to turn past debts and damages
into investment of restitution, resources and labor into sustainable solutions,
to prevent, correct and deter problems of crime and poverty that have come to a head.

My prayers for God's blessings of healing grace, strength, justice with mercy
to all those people affected among the nations seeking solutions to these problems.
may we all come together in greater unity, combining our best efforts ideas and resources
to implement effective solutions by working together in new ways to solve old problems.

May all injuries from past wrongs and injustice be resolved, corrected and healed,
and may all people of all tribes and nations rejoice in the blessings we receive in place.
May we all have more and more reason to give thanks for a better future!

A Hispanic Pope seems like a pretty good choice by the Catholic Church in this time in history. Libs will probably find a way to hate him.

I thought it was the conservatives like Mel Gibson who were attacking
the Pope and Church for being too liberal and worldly. I guess, as with protests against govt leaders, we are always going to see rejection from the far extremes on the left and the right unhappy with compromises going on with politicians caught in the middle?

I think we should see more of the liberal Christians and "liberation theologists" coming out and pushing even harder to address issues of immigrant labor abuse and trafficking affecting not only the poor in Latino/Spanish-speaking communities, but also Asia and Africa due to poverty.

I adhere to no religion.

oh bullshit.....maybe to the Catholics.....he is just another guy who puts his pants on the same way as anyone else.....and will live in a place lined with gold and silver.....Jesus would be proud....

I believe he has a very deep calling
to unite the people in overcoming the issues facing
the South, Central, Latin and North American regions
with a focus on ending the crisis of drug and human trafficking.

Big job. Big calling.
it will take all the people rallying around the leadership
to clean up the church, state, and corporations and take back responsibility
for RESTITUTION AND CORRECTION for all this abuse and addiction killing the economy and whole countries in an ongoing genocide. Wow.

http://www.houstonprogressive.org

I don't envy him for the job facing him and the Catholic Church,
and had visions myself of the entire prison system being
reformed under Restorative Justice to turn past debts and damages
into investment of restitution, resources and labor into sustainable solutions,
to prevent, correct and deter problems of crime and poverty that have come to a head.

My prayers for God's blessings of healing grace, strength, justice with mercy
to all those people affected among the nations seeking solutions to these problems.
may we all come together in greater unity, combining our best efforts ideas and resources
to implement effective solutions by working together in new ways to solve old problems.

May all injuries from past wrongs and injustice be resolved, corrected and healed,
and may all people of all tribes and nations rejoice in the blessings we receive in place.
May we all have more and more reason to give thanks for a better future!

i was raised a Catholic....as soon as i was told the pope is the only person on the planet who talks to "God" directly ......a few more questions and i was out of there.....i only went to mass after that because my folks made me.....but mentally....i was never there after the answers i was given....i just went until i was old enough to say....no aint going....

Forum List

Back