We have a Pope

I wish he was of latino decent

why?.....would that make him a better pope?.....

I still believe this will be enough to unify the masses and resources of the people to solve problems as a whole.

Obama was only half Black and half white, and that was enough to unify the Blacks from both parties to support him. We still have a ways to go with unifying liberal Democrat and conservative Republican; so maybe the Christian/Constitutional focus on agreed solutions to immigration reform will force a reckoning and resolution from left and right. This choice for Pope can only help push that issue more, where the solutions will require collaboration between all nations and all groups, whether church or state, nonprofit or business or school.

Out of pure necessity for survival, we will see unity come out of all this mess going on now.

Emily..it dont mean squat unless you are a Catholic.....i am an ex catholic and i will not listen to any more of their bullshit.....Obama did not unify any blacks.....the blacks of this Country overall vote Democrat....i dont care what color the Prez is....

why?.....would that make him a better pope?.....

I still believe this will be enough to unify the masses and resources of the people to solve problems as a whole.

Obama was only half Black and half white, and that was enough to unify the Blacks from both parties to support him. We still have a ways to go with unifying liberal Democrat and conservative Republican; so maybe the Christian/Constitutional focus on agreed solutions to immigration reform will force a reckoning and resolution from left and right. This choice for Pope can only help push that issue more, where the solutions will require collaboration between all nations and all groups, whether church or state, nonprofit or business or school.

Out of pure necessity for survival, we will see unity come out of all this mess going on now.

Emily..it dont mean squat unless you are a Catholic.....i am an ex catholic and i will not listen to any more of their bullshit.....Obama did not unify any blacks.....the blacks of this Country overall vote Democrat....i dont care what color the Prez is....

$.02?

The fact that he is not 'from Europe' has been mentioned several times. Perhaps he does have greater perspective because of that? Not a Catholic and I am only repeating what is being 'said'.

The cardinal? interviewed on CNN mentioned things like this. He sounded realistic--there are issues that need to be addressed and whether 'all the issues' can be resolved some improvement is needed.

He started out on a great foot. It's not often a Pope asks the people to bless him.

as a non-Catholic, he sounds like a good choice to me. shrug.

I know there are issues.

He really is. He's a Vatican outsider - I always like outsiders. They kick a little ass and scare the crap out of the insiders. Americans should elect outsiders in our political system - but we're far more interested in point scoring than cleaning up the pigsty that is DC.

Yeah. I am not a Roman Catholic. Heck, I'm not even very religious.

But what little I know of the new Pope, I like.

I hope he cleans up the mess and sets the affairs of the Church to right.

Kudos appear to be in order for the College of Cardinals.

Just another rich old man who has advised couples about sex and marriage even though he has never been and never will be married, has advised people about living a life he has no first hand knowledge of, will fight against personal freedom, who took a vow of chastity, poverty and obedience and practices none of those.

Pope before the one who just "retired" was in charge of hiding pedophile priests. He kept those records. And then he was the leader of all the Catholics in the world.

The pope who just retired will live out his life in the midst of unimaginable wealth and privilege. He'll read his bible and wear clothing that a good percentage of his followers could not begin to afford.

And, priests continue to rape children.

The hypocrisy is just mind numbing.

What would Jesus have to say about it?

I think they'll find out some day....I don't believe it's going to be good for them. I'm a Christian, I'm not a Catholic. I don't believe in what the Catholics do or how they worship. If they really knew the Bible, they wouldn't be doing half of what they do or believe most of what they believe.

A pastoral pope, simple life style, no scandals.

Let's hope a new age of reformation sweeps the Catholic Church.

Yeah. I am not a Roman Catholic. Heck, I'm not even very religious.

But what little I know of the new Pope, I like.

I hope he cleans up the mess and sets the affairs of the Church to right.

Kudos appear to be in order for the College of Cardinals.

He's likely to push the Cardinals back to the days when they lived simply - without the trappings of officialdom. That's a very good thing.

white smoke

image.png

LOL!!!:clap2::clap2::clap2::clap2:

I care about who the pope is, about as much as I care about who is head of the Mormon Church, another "Top Down" authoritarian religion...which means that I don't care at all... with the exception that I am most gratified that I don't believe in any of their teachings.

Pope Francis sounds like a very good choice, not only for Roman Catholicism, but for the world as a whole.

May all of God's blessing be showered upon him during his papacy.

I care about who the pope is, about as much as I care about who is head of the Mormon Church, another "Top Down" authoritarian religion...which means that I don't care at all... with the exception that I am most gratified that I don't believe in any of their teachings.

TM doesn't care either....she's being a hypocrite with this post. She hates anyone that believes in God.

A pastoral pope, simple life style, no scandals.

Let's hope a new age of reformation sweeps the Catholic Church.

Worry about your own church, and mind your own business about ours.

Moron.

Such a moronic non ecumenical approach by you, Mother California Girl.

Your church, my church, all churches need a new era of reformation in this day and age, badly.

You act stupid, you pay the price. Simple.

Forum List

Back