We have a Pope

I wish he was of latino decent

why?.....would that make him a better pope?.....

I still believe this will be enough to unify the masses and resources of the people to solve problems as a whole.

Obama was only half Black and half white, and that was enough to unify the Blacks from both parties to support him. We still have a ways to go with unifying liberal Democrat and conservative Republican; so maybe the Christian/Constitutional focus on agreed solutions to immigration reform will force a reckoning and resolution from left and right. This choice for Pope can only help push that issue more, where the solutions will require collaboration between all nations and all groups, whether church or state, nonprofit or business or school.

Out of pure necessity for survival, we will see unity come out of all this mess going on now.

If someone's parents immigrated from Italy to the US, and that person was born and raised in Iowa, would anyone say, "too bad they didn't pick an American"?

??????????????????????????

white smoke

image.png

I'm quite certain that all the local Italians listening to his blessing realized right away that he is Argentine and not Italian. I'm very confident that most are pleased and proud to share a heritage with the new Pope, though.

I adhere to no religion.

He is still the pope of the world

I adhere to religion, and he is not my Pope. I am pretty sure most of the world agrees with my position. In fact, I am willing to bet there are billions of people who don't even know about it.

oh bullshit.....maybe to the Catholics.....he is just another guy who puts his pants on the same way as anyone else.....and will live in a place lined with gold and silver.....Jesus would be proud....

I believe he has a very deep calling
to unite the people in overcoming the issues facing
the South, Central, Latin and North American regions
with a focus on ending the crisis of drug and human trafficking.

Big job. Big calling.
it will take all the people rallying around the leadership
to clean up the church, state, and corporations and take back responsibility
for RESTITUTION AND CORRECTION for all this abuse and addiction killing the economy and whole countries in an ongoing genocide. Wow.

http://www.houstonprogressive.org

I don't envy him for the job facing him and the Catholic Church,
and had visions myself of the entire prison system being
reformed under Restorative Justice to turn past debts and damages
into investment of restitution, resources and labor into sustainable solutions,
to prevent, correct and deter problems of crime and poverty that have come to a head.

My prayers for God's blessings of healing grace, strength, justice with mercy
to all those people affected among the nations seeking solutions to these problems.
may we all come together in greater unity, combining our best efforts ideas and resources
to implement effective solutions by working together in new ways to solve old problems.

May all injuries from past wrongs and injustice be resolved, corrected and healed,
and may all people of all tribes and nations rejoice in the blessings we receive in place.
May we all have more and more reason to give thanks for a better future!

i was raised a Catholic....as soon as i was told the pope is the only person on the planet who talks to "God" directly ......a few more questions and i was out of there.....i only went to mass after that because my folks made me.....but mentally....i was never there after the answers i was given....i just went until i was old enough to say....no aint going....

Not the only person on the
planet i speak to the flying spaghetti monster every day
They must have ment the *christian god *

I adhere to no religion.

I adhere to religion, and he is not my Pope. I am pretty sure most of the world agrees with my position. In fact, I am willing to bet there are billions of people who don't even know about it.

Billions? Maybe those in the poorest countries with no media whatsoever. Face it, it's already been broadcast on every news station across the world. If you don't know about the new pope, you are either extremely isolated or extremely stupid.

He's 76.

Guess they made a compromise knowing they'd be choosing another soon enough.

lol...my thoughts the same. With age, comes the typical ailments with it.
Although, he seems healthy enough...:dunno:

Pope Benny was supposed to be a short term compromise also

The only drawback is that John Paul II set the tone for getting out and meeting the people. John Paul II connected directly to Catholics, young people who met the Pope became Catholics for life. The church loses that with an older pope

But I like the symbolic selection of Francis from Argentina. Shows the global reach of the church

In terms of church politics....we shall see

"Th' new king o th' papists might be a right wing nutball" - paraphrase of a sentiment

Ya think?

Western religions are pretty much right wing exercises past the front pew. Catholicism in particular has an unsavory history in re slavery; working some indigenous peoples to death and killing those who won't accept Papism.

The whole idea of western religion is to spook regular people into respecting law, custom - and their betters.

Last edited:
Just another rich old man who has advised couples about sex and marriage even though he has never been and never will be married, has advised people about living a life he has no first hand knowledge of, will fight against personal freedom, who took a vow of chastity, poverty and obedience and practices none of those.

Pope before the one who just "retired" was in charge of hiding pedophile priests. He kept those records. And then he was the leader of all the Catholics in the world.

The pope who just retired will live out his life in the midst of unimaginable wealth and privilege. He'll read his bible and wear clothing that a good percentage of his followers could not begin to afford.

And, priests continue to rape children.

The hypocrisy is just mind numbing.

What would Jesus have to say about it?

I adhere to no religion.

Billions? Maybe those in the poorest countries with no media whatsoever. Face it, it's already been broadcast on every news station across the world. If you don't know about the new pope, you are either extremely isolated or extremely stupid.

I once read that half of the world will make or receive a telephone call.

They're not "stupid".

Forum List

Back